“Wonderful Trip to Atlantic City.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Pacific Ave., Park Place and Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Semi-Annual Sale!
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
State College, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Trip to Atlantic City.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We booked 10/6-10/8/13 at Ballys' through hotwire for $28 a night. I was horrified after reading the reviews as I was sure we would be doomed to the Claridge Tower with rates like that. We arrived about 1pm and saw a long line. There were 3 people working the counters and it only took 10 minutes. I politely asked for a king sized non-smoking room in a slightly updated room if possible. I was so excited when she handed me our room key and said "It's a very nice room with an ocean view in the Bally's tower". Our room was AWESOME! Huge windows in the bathroom and bedroom. Great, clean, comfortable bed with 4 pillows. The bathroom was HUGE with an oversized tub (the shower stall door could have been cleaner but I could care less after the nightmare I was expecting thanks to all the poor reviews). The ocean view was amazing and we didn't have any issues with ANYTHING. The staff was very polite and pleasant, including in the casino. Drinks were comped, fast, and strong. I can't believe all these crazy issues people had! If you are extremely picky or high maintenance, this would not be for you. If you are looking for a friendly staff, clean room, and a fun experience definitely give them a try. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 2724 was great, quiet, wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,005)
Mahwah, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL! So we got to the hotel and waited about 20-30 minuets to check in. Finally checked in made our way to the elevators and two weren't working and our cards weren't working to go up to our floor (STRIKE 1). Got the cards fixed and went up. Got into our room it was no where near what we expected. Went into the bath room and there was hair in and around the tub (STRIKE 2) . Called room service they came up and cleaned the bathroom. We went out for dinner had a great time at Jimmy Buffets Margarita Vile. Went back up to the room to get ready for bed. My girlfriend went to get in the shower and there was a huge cockroach crawling in the tub. had to be every bit of 3 inches long. (STRIKE 3)!!!! We packed our bags called down to the font deck and told them what happened and that we were leaving and we wanted our money back. They did the right thing and gave us our money back. I will never stay are recommend Bally's hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love my room! is nice big, clean, roomy luxury and man the best window view ever!!!! I can't believe this hotel is only 2.5 stars. the only problem i got is the door lock. it hard to close the door from the outside but beside that everything is great. the view of my window is ocean view and the is beautiful. i love it!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ocean, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very good atmosphere. Besides the boardwalk and rooms have ocean facing. Casino has lot of tables to play. Excellent rewards program. Excellent bars and restaurants for multi variety of food choices. Lot of space for parking.

Room Tip: Coner rooms are nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've stayed in Vegas and were expecting somewhat the same atmosphere. We aren't gamblers and just wanted to see what the area was about.
We used the self park in which was easily found with the GPS, they also have cards by the elevator to remind you where you parked your car..great idea.. Only $5 for the 3 days we were there. It was an easy walk to the main hotel, all in doors.
Check in was very slow. We showed about 2 hours before check in and wondered we'd have to pay for the early check in which is $10..really?! But with the slow lines it was a long wait. there had to be 50+ people checking in and only 2 people working the desk.
Now after reading reviews I was worried about the older run down sections so my husband asked for the new one and we were booked into the Garden Tower. Very nice, modern and the elevators were just off the lobby.
The room was large with floor to ceiling windows that over looked... nothing!. All the rooms are inside and you get to see a cement courtyard and the tops of other hotels. Oh well.. The room was nicely decorated and had a wonderful bed with nice bedding and pillows. The Bathroom large with a huge glassed in shower and double sinks. The glass on the shower could have been cleaner..lots of soap scum but thats my pet peeve. We had trouble with the toilet, it wouldnt flush. Called and they came to fixed it but it still didnt work..so my husband fixed..no discount on the room.
We had a small fridge, which was nice to have. We always do breakfast in our room, its vacation and we don't like to rush in the morning, and for beer..plus they had a coffee maker...NO TEA..again.
The down side we were in room 1666 its was a long walk to the elevator and the vending machines. The building shook. After all its built on sand. In the morning when the sun hit the windows they snapped so badly I'd check to make sure they didnt break. And there was always a cigarette smell in the air. We thought maybe from the casino...they also charge for internet $19 a day for one device.
As far as a large hotel goes it was good....

Room Tip: We read all the reviews and we're glad we got the Garden Tower..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend trip. I had stayed in the Claridge tower before and had no interest in going back. So we booked the Bally's Luxury Tower. Well, their definition of luxury is very different from mine. You get off the elevator and its old carpet with bad 80s mirrors along the hallway. Now, the room was big, and the bed was clean (I think), however it really ends there. This so called luxury room has not been updated in years. The furniture and wallpaper are old, the carpet was stained and separating from the wall, and the bathroom shower was scary to me. I don't think it was downright dirty but the nasty carpet made me feel dirty the whole time.

Room aside, the first morning I went to go to the gym. My guest rate was $25.00. I really don't see where they have the audacity to charge that much for a one day pass given the state of their hotel. The casino itself seems tired to me as well, not a ton of new games around and they closed off the martini bar as its sole function now is to host a weekend male review.

Having stayed in two towers now, and finding neither to be up to my standards or comfortable to spend any extended period of time in, I will not be staying here again. It doesn't seem that they care but they really should hear the patrons cries for nicer accommodations as well as to knock it off with nickel and diming, it's uncalled for.

• Stayed October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were not expecting much reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We did not want to stay in the Claridge tower. We had a comp reservation for a Bally luxury room in the Ballys tower on 10/4. Of course the lady at the front desk said the luxury rooms in the Ballys tower were sold out. This was at 1 P.M. She did give us a Garden tower room and said it was just as good. We felt lucky that it was not in the Claridge tower. This is just based on reading the reviews. We paid the $11.00 early check in fee and went to the room. The room was big and beautiful. It was also very clean and we did not hear any noise at all during our 1 night stay. The bed was comfortable and we slept great. The employees went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. There was a lot of uniformed security and we felt very safe on property. As a bonus we even won on the slots. I would stay at Ballys again in a heartbeat just based on their employees and security. An old lady had a health issue of some kind at her machine and I found out by being near by they even had plainclothes security watching everything. Ballys knows how to run a casino hotel. We will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple