“Deluxe Luxury Room ...far from” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Save Saved
You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Alexandria, Virginia
“Deluxe Luxury Room ...far from”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This review is for the the "delux luxury" room, smoking in the Dennis Tower.

Pro: Now I've stayed at many a smoking room and I often find they are more punishment then a request. Smell-wise it actually wasn't terrible, didn't smell like as an old man had sat and hot boxed it for a few days to that is a positive.

Con: Ants, yes ants!. Partially clogged drains. Cell services was bad. Not sure if they just really wanted you to pay for the wifi but my phone couldn't get a 3G/4G or even 1x signal.

The room itself was pretty sad. Seemed bigger in pictures. The room itself was a small little cell where the wall started about 3 feet from where the bed ended. Had 2 tiny slivers of windows which had frosted over glass so now view and no fresh air. Beds were very comfy though.

Casino: Casino was nice. Although if you're looking for information, restaurant recommendations, directions or even a list of the spa services or whats playing in their own theater you're better off paying for the wifi and googling it, this is the least helpful casino I've ever been in. And don't bother with the robot-phone reservation line its most hateful. Location was pretty good and walking distance to alot of other casinos.

This hotel felt like a pricey holiday inn. So if your a smoker and you get stuck in the dennis tower, ask for an upgrade! or better yet try something else

Room Tip: Avoid smoking, Deluxe Luxury in Dennis Tower. Bring a computer and buy the wifi

1,991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent location on the boardwalk. This casino was also my favorite on the boardwalk as well. Tried to get an early check-in and wasn't able to do so. Also, make sure you use express check out as the lines to check-in/check-out in the peak summer months can be lengthy. This hotel is definitely located at one of the best spots on the boardwalk and central to shops, casinos & food.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I called and booked a room for one night after a bad experience at another AC property. This was our second time staying here. The check-in took much longer than I like but this happens at hotel casinos. We were supposed to stay in the Clarion tower but were upgraded to the Dennis Tower. Our room was huge. We had a couch, king bed, 2 flat screen tvs, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bed was great and the room was very clean. We were supposed to leave in the morning and checked out of the room to find that much of New Jersey was under a sever weather warning and many streets/highways were backed up due to flooding (freak storm). We decided to stay an additional night and not hazard the journey home. We went back to registration and asked if they had any rooms. The young lady at the front desk looked up our account and comped us a room for the night (we would have payed but free is better). The room was in the Dennis Tower and was as nice as the first room. They have won my loyalty. From now on when I travel to AC or Vegas, I'm staying at Ceaser's properties because after 13 years of making these trips, they are always the best bet.

strasburg va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited twice this summer, and getting ready to go back again. I have been staying at Bally's for 20 years. There have been many changes over the years, & some really disappoint me but it is still one of my favorites. It has great location & everyone is very friendly. I don't mind any of the rooms I have stayed in. When I get the Claridge, I get one of the Ruby Rooms. Beds are very comfy. I love the new early check in. My last 2 trips, I asked for a nice room and received GREAT ones. I also tip who ever is checking me in. I have gotten my room right then at 10 in the morning. Six Bistro has good food. Also ate at the Buffet at Ceasers for brunch. Was very good, but price was a bit high. We had a coupon. We usually go for 3-5 days & always use coupons for all our meals. (Ebay has coupons)

Room Tip: Ask for Ruby Room in Claridge, & rooms on the corner are quiet. Use A/C Fan to muffle noise &am...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
asbury park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

as usually the shortsightedness of the casinos never stop to shock me.

you would think that after the storm there would be some kind of promotion for
people who finally had the means to come back to the casinos

no, after seven 10 months of loosing my home, my office, and two vehicles,
i finally had the oppertunity to go back to the casino i visited 3 days a week for years.

not only was my rating stripped but i was embarrassed when i walked into the diamond club and was rejected because i was 4.87 cents short of eligible entry.

another example of why people are staying away. the people of the jersey shore are the main core of casino visitors, and you guys didnt have the brains to elcome us home

anthony dangeli/ stayed 8/14 8/15
but not again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Made an internet reservation for 2 nights on a new site (Olotel) & got a 'classic' room for $120./night & no resort fee, Parking for 2 nights was $5.00. When we got there, we were settled into the Claridge tower which was a neighbouring hotel purchased by Bally's; it was connected but not really in Bally's main tower... not really a big deal but watch out for these discrepancies. Our room was very big and very plain/basic/old but satisfactorily clean. Also had a window that overlooked the boardwalk and ocean. TV was small, two sitting chairs/table; shower had good pressure. Walls were thin; noisy neigbours. Friends we visited were in Bally's tower and room was smaller but more modern. Tried to get tickets for several shows but were sold out. They certainly don't push tickets or make their purchase very easy as in Vegas. Overall impression of Atlantic City is that it's a small, poor imitation of Vegas... having the boardwalk and beach helped, but I wouldn't go back. Tropicana was the only hotel/casino that could compare.

Room Tip: We arrived at 10:30 a.m. and paid the $10. early check-in fee. DO THIS. By afternoon, the line to...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a comp room but still was not pleased! The pool closed at 6:00, had to pay $5.00 per person to use the pool, the hot rubs were not available, and they had no evening room service. we had to order out to eat as we were too tired to go out! However, the worse was that they charged $12.99 per devise to use wi fi! We have 2 iPhones and 2 iPads! UNBELIEVABLE! We travel often and have Never had to do this. I understand charges and I will pay for what I want but his was a rip off!

Actually, My husband and I have been displeased with total rewards casinos for some time. We decided to try again and then had this experience. In addition, the mattress and pillows sucked!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!