“Bally's Claridge Tower - odd, poorly appointed rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Save Saved
You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
Burlington, Vermont
“Bally's Claridge Tower - odd, poorly appointed rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed a couple different places in Atlantic City, but this room and casino were the worst. Lackluster casino and ships, old room newly renovated, but with no artwork it sitting chair, despite lots of room. No towel racks next to sink, horribly clogged tub drain. Only 2 lamps. Bed was comfortable, however. Back to Showboat next time!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute and, not knowing the area, figured Bally's was a safe bet since we had both heard good things about the brand before. This was not the case. The hotel common areas were extremely unclean. There was trash on the hallway floors throughout the night. The carpeting in the halls of the guest floors was stained, buckled and unkept. I know there was a storm recently, but we are talking about rooms on the fourth floor so not a result of water damage. The lobby stunk of cigarettes, and was so outdated that it looked dingy. The doors to the entrance of the hotel were filthy and looked like they had not been wiped down in at least a month. The room was okay and I think it was clean but everything had that old gritty look to it. The pillows on the bed were indescribably bad. My husband had neck pains the entire next day. The parking lot is self park which is great, but it STINKS of body fluid. I had to cover my nose whenever we needed to go to the car. We checked out after one night and found another place. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ozone Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband, kids and I just recently went to the Bally's for celebrate my birthday and to my surprise I was pleased with the room that I was given. Although I vowed to never go back to the Bally's after my last stay there in 2012. This time it was an okay experience. The check in process was fast and very helpful. I had a comp room and was originally given the Claridge Tower but after my last experience I immediately refused. I was then given a room at the Dennis Tower with the option to upgrade my room to an oceanview for just $25.00.
The room was pretty big with an amazing view of the ocean but the down fall was that the television was very outdated and only hot water was running in the shower, so I couldnt' shower my kids. Thankfully we only stayed for a day so the kids just waited to shower when we got home. The casino was packed but you could still find plenty machines. Although there was plenty of security walking around, I still felt a little uncomfortable, due to one creepy looking man constantly following me.
I do not think that I will be giving the Bally's another chance, since this trip was not as bad as the first but it was still unacceptable!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT book a room at the Claridge Tower!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was the worst stay I have ever had in the history of going to atlantic city. this was crap rusted pipes beat up furniture moldy shower. rude front desk, rude manager, took my cell phone number at check out and has yet to return my call. that is fine because I am here to let the world know and I also have pictures to post once I download them off my camera, I had a view of a parking lot /roof I don't know what. it was a hot mess,, to make matters worse it is 5.00 to park your vehicle if you have a total reward card, and 15 without.. and to top it is 5.00 to check in early what kind of mess is that??? my advice don't stay here

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel Check-in was a dis-service to the service industry. Our reservations were supposed to be in the Dennis tower but when we arrived they had us in the claridge tower. After explaining that we had set this up through the casino host several days earlier for the Dennis Tower (and were quoted prices for the Dennis tower) they were only willing to move us to the dennis tower for an additional "upsell" fee of 40 bux. When we finally got into the "non-smoking" room it smelled like an ashtray. There were pubic hairs on the floor of the room and the bathroom. The wallpaper was peeling. The vent was caked with dust. There were piles of dust along the edge of the carpet. Cigarette burn in the chair. There was an oddly placed outdated phone in the bathroom (must have been a real perk back in the 80's). The sheets of my bed were stained (found that out as I was getting ready to crash). We gambled nearly 10 hours the first day and the casino host said the first night (we stayed for two nights) would be taken care of... and if we gambled more that day we may be able to get the 2nd night comp'd as well. So we proceeded to gamble another 10 hours with similar betting, etc. At check-out (and after talking to the casino host again) the front desk said that we had to pay for the $40 "upsell" fee for the first night and that the 2nd night would not be comp'ed. When we explained the casino host had comped the entire first night, she proceeded to tell us that was only a comp for the room rental rate and didnt apply to the "upsell" fee which was given to us upon check-in. Ok.... now I see how this racket goes. After alot of back and forth with the front desk and the front desk manager I began to feel like I was dealing with a billing problem on my ATT or Comcast bill. I was just glad to get the heck out of Bally's forever. The place was absolutely horrible. Outdated, poor service and they really made you feel unwelcome. Good news is that I did not encounter any bedbugs. Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Cancel your reservation at ballys, go down the board walk and get a room at Revel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Merrick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just stayed this past weekend. Hotel was really nice, bell service great staff friendly and check in was simple...except they charged us $5.00 for early check in which I thought was a little weird.

I would stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I got a living social deal to stay for 2 nights in the Dennis Tower, late checkout, free parking, $30 for drinks and $15 for food. At check in, instead of holding the $100 for incidentals, they held a total of $228.82! When I called the front desk to ask why the extra money is being held, I was told by front desk (with a big attitude) that the computer holds funds based on the rate of the room! Huh? I never heard of such a thing. My husband stayed here a few weeks ago in the ocean view. Not crazy about this hotel but wanted to use this deal before it expired. Our last stay was comp, and the regular $100 was held. The front desk couldnt explain why this stay was being treated so differently. Nothing about this hotel would make me want to come back, There are too many other hotels to choose from. Never Again!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!