“OK Choice After A Day in the Casinos” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 Pacific Ave., Park Place and Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia
“OK Choice After A Day in the Casinos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

After a long day gambling, standing in line for a buffet and looking for a better game, this room was average accommodations for the night.

We arrived around 3:30 PM and walked to the lobby. The check in line was long but moved fast (15 minutes to the counter). The clerk was personable and told us what kind of room we would like -- she was correct. We were assigned a ruby room in the Claridge which is a short walk from the lobby. The room had new carpet, curtains and the bathroom was updated. The furniture was older and showed some wear. The decorative pillows on the bed were worn out and should go in the trash.

After dropping our bags we headed out for a night of food, gambling and wandering around. On our return, we grabbed eight hours of sleep. The hotel was reasonably quiet.

For gamblers at Bally's or the nearby casinos, this is a good choice for a night's sleep. Not a good choice for business people (no desk), those spending more time in the room (small) or families (little space for your stuff).

Room Tip: Ask for a ruby room in the Claridge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I stayed at Bally's with my daughter, there was a bed bug running through her bed after it had bitten her, and I caught it in a cup. I had to file an incident report, etc. and after about 3 months of talking to their claims person, it was determined that the room did not have bed bugs!! Go figure! Never again would I stay there...there are many MANY other places to stay in AC. I understand that bed bugs are a probem in any hotel, especially in AC and NY where there is a high volume of travelers, but when there is an issue, and you report it, Bally's is the only place that has the nerve to call their patrons liars. Never, ever again. Stay at Harrah's, no bugs there!!

Oh yeah, this bed bug thing was AFTER I had dropped $700 in their spa, $150 at dinner and I don't know how much in the casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

There are just no words...it took over 30 minutes to check in, the room was atrocious and we checked out just as soon as we were able to book another hotel. Wow .... like a terrible nightmare I wish to block this out of my memory

Novi, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I took our grandson to the circus. We wanted to stay on the boardwalk so we could walk to the circus. Our hotel room was small , dirty and in need of a renovation. The beds were very uncomfortable. The breakfast buffet was very expensive and horrible. If I had to do it over, I would stay at the Marriott. A little further away from the boardwalk, but very nice and less expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a recent trip to Ballys in atlantic city, and having it been my base casino to stay in for the last 20 years, they can kiss my green goodbye. First off I was charged a deposit for the room which has never , ever happened before, then upon check in they now charge a $15.00 early check in fee, next off even though I was paying this time instead of it being comp(I have not been in a year)they still put me in the old section , the claridge. Next when going to my favorite hangout in the wild west, the casino had been been basically closed down with only a few remaining machines, and a wall of partition to close off the entire right area of the casino, including the buffet, so now ballys has no buffet. Oh yeah I was also looking forward to room service and you got it,t that is gone as i knew it also, only a small piece of paper with about 10 items like pizza, fried chicken,etc. what a waste, and when I complained I was basically told, oh well.....time to spend my money elsewhere, good bye ballys.

Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a living social deal, so we got a good price. We checked in early($5 fee) to a room in the Dennis Tower. There were room service dishes in the hall outside several rooms.We started betting to see if they were still going to be there every time we turned down our hall. I even called down to the desk and they weren't taken for the entire 3 days we were there. The room was outdated, but acceptable. The curtains were ripped, but it was clean. We found out you have to request room service. We came back and had no fresh towels and had to call down and wait quite awhile before someone was sent up. We went to workout in the fitness club and it was $20 a piece! Yes, $40 to use some outdated equipment.We were already dressed to workout so we stayed, but only did it once. If you just use the pools it is $5 a piece. So, if you get a good deal then I say, go for it. We walked down to the end of the boardwalk and saw the Revel, which made coming back to Bally's seem more tacky, but iI am sure it costs a fortune to stay there. I will review the restauarant and the Legends show separately.

Room Tip: The Dennis tower seemed quieter. We were also way down at the end of the hall away from the elevator...
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My friend & I booked 1 night at Bally's. She had a comp, so it was free. Calling ahead for reservations, she stated that she didn't want the Claridge (attached to Bally's). She was assured she had a nice room in Bally's reserved. Stood on a long line to check in & when our turn, we were told it's $10.00 to check in before 4pm (it was 3:00). We left & returned at 3:45 & waited forever online only to be told they're filled up & we have to stay in the Claridge. They didn't care that we had reservations. Granted, we were on a comp, but that's no excuse to lie to us.

The room didn't smell bad & was clean. That's the only nice thing I have to say about this OLD hotel. We were told it was a deluxe room with ocean view. Really!?!?! The tiny window was so dirty, we could barely see out. The bathroom door squeaked so loud it hurt my ears. Only 1 tiny soap was given. The coffee pot didn't have decaf.

While I was downstairs, my friend called me & asked me bring her sugar for her coffee. I went to the front desk to ask, & was only told - go to your room & call for it.

There is much more, but I believe you readers get the point here. This place is terrible & I won't be back to it.

Room Tip: To choose a good room - pick another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!