“Attention to Detail Lacking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Save Saved
You added Bally's Atlantic City to your Saves list
Bally's Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bethlehem
“Attention to Detail Lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Pool was closed and website mentioned nothing about it. Child was very disappointed. Lots of new nickel and dime fees for early check in and pool usage. Security guard wasn't posted near elevators like in the past. Key reader on elevator was broken and covered with paper. Food in 6ix bistro was pretty good though service was slow despite restaurant being empty. Same story at Caesars cafe roma-ok food but understaffed. Around half of Caesars comp kiosks also were broken or turned off.

Played blackjack for 90 minutes at avg bet of 125 and earned whopping $4 in comps. I have always been loyal but as business slows CET casinos are neglecting their properties and their customers more and more.

Room Tip: Claridge tower is weak. Stick to ballys tower
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Dunkirk, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I are pretty loyal to Bally's and they seem to accommodate our needs. We stayed in the Tower's and had half bay & half ocean view.

We normally eat at the Six Bristo, the food is reasonably priced and often pretty quick. We placed our room service breakfast order at 2am, for 10am

delivery. The order arrived on time and very fresh, warm and tasted EXCELLENT (pancakes, eggs over easy, Texas toast, bacon, sausage, home fries, water)

From order taker to delivery person - Excellent.

Bathroom has garden type tub and separate shower.

Room Tip: Always ask the desk for any free upgrades. And if possible ask for the Tower ocean side room.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at Bally's in the Claridge Tower for one night after Hurricane Sandy. I have taken many trips to Atlantic City in the past and it was VERY slow. Probably why we got such a low rate for a Saturday night. Check in was easy, there was no line and the girl at the counter was very friendly.

The room was a decent size, but you can tell they are in need of renovations. Everything looked like it had better days but our room was clean. The walls are paper thin, so if you are a light sleeper expect to be awake most of the night.

On a side note, stay away from 6ix Bistro located in this casino, the food is inedible.

Folsom, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

although stuff was bubbling up through the bathtub and the heat didn't work on Tuesday, they came right away to fix everything.
was disappointed that the pool was not open, I am assuming because of last week's hurricane

Breinigsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Due to a confrence I was attending, I didnt have much choice other then to book a room at Bally's Atlantic City.
I stayed October 16-19th,
I arrived late at night and went to check into my 3 comp nights.
Without asking I was given a Garden Tower Room, this room was spacious and beautiful. Compared to the awful Claridge rooms, this place was amazing. I have posted pictures of the room I stayed in.
The beds were comfortable.
The Room and carpeting was clean.
Ironing Board, iron, coffee maker in room.
One of the days I slept in late and the room was not cleaned during the day, I called later in the afternoon to housekeeping and they sent someone right up to clean the room with no problem.
I actually won quite a bit of money on the slots in the casino while playing at Bally's. The table games were not as lucky for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toms River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Recently we attended a wedding in Atlantic City. Bally's was within walking distance to the wedding site and the room rate was reasonable so we decided to stay here. After checking Trip Advisor I told my wife that we should not set our sites too high. We knew ahead of time that we were going to be in the Claridge tower. At check-in we lucked out and got a nice ocean view room. The furnishings were spartan, but the bed was comfortable. I can't say that I liked how the room was redone though. Red seemed to be the main color. The pattern in the rugs was hideous. The bathroom was of a good size. There was a couple of full length mirrors. We did not avail ourselves of any of the hotel's restaurants or other venues. We got a quiet nights sleep. So as a place to change into our wedding duds, and get a good nights sleep after the wedding , it met our expectations.

Room Tip: A room higher up will afford you a better view of the ocean if you are lucky enough to get an ocean...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had called ahead of time to book 2 nights at Bally's. We were told at checking when I asked where the pool was, that we would have to come down from our tower, walk thru the lobby and casino to another tower to get to the pool. After checking in and going to our "oceanview" room we discovered our view was mostly of buildings within the Bally's property and we could see a little slice of ocean thru one of the buildings. We also discovered hair on the bathroom floor (gross), moldy tiles in the shower and a ceiling covered in mold. As I am highly allergic to mold - we trucked back down to the now crowded lobby to request a new room. With the musty odor in the hallway leading to the room, we didn't want a room in the same area. So we requested a different room (preferably closer to the pool area). We were told this was going to be a downgrade from our current room - not a problem if it was without the mold. The room was still nice (although they didn't change our rate - we still had to pay the upgrade rate and when I booked the room the person I spoke with said they didn't have any of those rooms available) and we got a great ocean veiw!

What we didn't find out until we were already at the pool is that there is an additional $10 per person charge to use the pool (per time you use it)!

We ate at one of the restaurants (6aBistro) the food wasn't great especially for the prices we paid - so instead the rest of the trip we had some great meals at Trump next door.

Then, I called the desk as we had seen a billboard for a price is right stage show at Bally's - we wanted to find out show times and where to purchase tickets. We were told that tickets were by invitation only and we could not purchase tickets for the show - so instead we spent a great evening at Tropicana and saw a comedy show there.

My husband proposed to me on a trip to AC on the beach in front of Bally's 5 years ago, but after this experience I'm not sure we will entertain the idea of staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bally's Atlantic City? Share your experiences!