“Nice hotel( somewhat ourdated) HORRIBLE STAFF !!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel to your Saves list
The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel
Boston Ave & The Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly ACH Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #14 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Paramus, New Jersey
“Nice hotel( somewhat ourdated) HORRIBLE STAFF !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This past Saturday night into Sunday, i stayed at your hotel for my birthday and though i was satisfied with the room, the hotel staff made me never want to return to this hotel again. The woman at check in was rude, barley greeting myself and my husband as we approached the desk and did not even reply after i thanked her for her checking us in ( her name was stephanie ) . she was also rude about directing us to the room. Throughout our night stay at the hotel , we had dinner at Patsy's and the hostess was very rude about seating us at a table because we did not have a reservation. We sat at the bar and the food was excellent , but the experience was turning the mood down very quickly. After dinner we wanted to gamble at the casino and played blackjack , roulette and numerous other games. The blackjack dealer jose was very unfriendly, as well as the other people in the casino like the people taking our playing cards and such. The waitress who i dont recall her name , came to offer us a drink and sat and tapped her foot while we were deciding what we wanted , then rolled her eyes and gave us an attitude after we ordered as if she was doing us a favor . Despite the bad gambeling and staff experience we still stayed the night . In the morning we went to have breakfast at the resturant by the big windows downstairs and had another terrible experience. Our waiter barley approached us, and the other waiter helping him ( mohammad ) was so rude and took so long to come and take our order . The food was acceptable but the service was just not ... it took over 30 minutes to get our food and we did not get checked on once. We had to chase the waiters to bring us coffee. after leaving breakfast , our checkout was once again, an unplesant experience. They were rude , and annoyed about us asking questions about valet and such. The only person who was nice during our entire stay was the valet who checked our car in at arrival. We were there with two other rooms full of people ( making our stay three total rooms ) and they shared all the unplesant experiences as did myself and my husband. The hotel was very nice, and so were our rooms, but due to the horrible experiene i had , i would find it hard for myself to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you want to be treated horribly by the staff
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited this hotel for a training course. The hotel was pretty decent, but to me a bit overpriced. Didn't really eat in the hotel, but the room were nice and clean and a decent size and I had a lovely view of the boardwalk and the ocean. Not a gambler though, so most of time spent outside of hotel was on the boardwalk. Would have been good if for the amount of money paid free wi-fi was available. When I first entered my room I encounter a group of men who I assumed were maintenance men, I thought nothing of it until check out when I discovered that I was charged for watching some adult movie before I even got to my room. I put two and two together and figured out that was what they were doing. I was very upset about this but the staff quickly resolved that matter.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ocean are the best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

good hotel for business and leisure traveller
good location next to the peer and beach
large game area
good location to local shopping for clothing
good location to access other town entertainment centers
good location to access and get out of the city
good and easy access parking

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stood there on Saturday, October 27 (on the eve of Hurricane Sandy). Check in was a little rough- the lady was nice but actually make a few mistakes (kept attempting to charge the wrong card and insisted no funds available when there was in fact funds on the card. After 45 minutes, we were p.o'd. Finally checked in and was pleasantly surprised upon arriving at our room. Room was immaculate, clean and while the hotel is old, they have maintained it well. Not a fan of tube tv's (Its 2012, all rooms should have flat screens), but room was spacious and linens were fresh- rivals other "big name" hotels (having stayed at Trump Taj, Trump Plaza and Tropicana) where the rooms reeked of smoke and everything just looked...old and dirty. We were extremely pleased and the location is perfect. Would definitely stay again. Check out was a breeze. Not for young, hip or partygoing type, but the location is so convenient- you can go anywhere.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first time in Atlantic City and feel we chose a great hotel and would definitely stay here again! With that, the hotel was nice, if not a little dated. We had a great view from a corner room! The pool area was fun, though we wished there were a hottub - without having to utilizing spa. Not a big deal breaker.

We really enjoyed the casino and had some great food at BB's and Simon/AC. At Simon - I had the Filet Mignon - fantastic, possibly the best I've had. My husband had the Chicken Cordon Bleu - this was also great. We were here in October, so the beach bar was closed, but looked like it would be a lot of fun in the summer. Hopefully the area will be recovered from hurricane Sandy...so sad!

Room Tip: Go for the corner rooms!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was the firstbtrip to AC with my wife and we heard mixed reviews but due to the rates at this hotel this is where we chose. We travel frequently so I feel I can be objective.

We arrived last Wednesday afternoon and drove down the main strip and oh my god we were worried as it looked like a dump. Even the locals we talked to said never walk the main strip at night. Wonderful. So we check in and as per others suggestions we asked for an ocean view room. We got to our room to find we did get the ocean view and the room was very spacious and what a great view. We had no issue with our room the whole trip.

We decided it wasca long drive so at about 5:30pm thought we'd enjoy dinner in one of the restaurants but none of them were open. Only to find only 1 restaurant is open during the week. We weren't impressed. We ate at that one and it was over priced but large portions. Over the weekend we ate at the Italian place and it was fantastic.

So after dinner we went to the casino. Very nice place but on a Wednesday night there may have been 20 people in the place. The good news was the machines seemed to be paying out ok.

We we went back to our room to wind down to a movie after a long day to find they charge $13 to rent a movie? Come on guys really?

Now for the rest of the week we found walking the pier was very nice each day, the casino got busier each night closer to the weekend and was a happening place Saturday. Check out and valet was quick and simple. No hidden costs and overall I would suggest this hotel. My wife and I are not partiers and found this hotel suited us. For a younger crowd a different hotel would be for you.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view and the higher the better. Ask for close to elevator.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Atlantic Club for some that may not know was the original Goldent Nugget in Atlantic City and had several names prior to being called the Atlantic Club. I've been visiting the Atlantic Club since it was the Atlantic City Hilton in the late 90s when I was younger even before I could gamble. My grandmother would receive room offers and I would go with her to spend the night. It was her favorite casino in Atlantic City, because of its small size. Last year the owners of the then Hilton had to change the name, first to ACH and then to Atlantic Club. I paid a visit as ACH and found nothing different, which I liked. In February I paid a visit, because I wanted to have dinner at Patsy's, which was closed along with every dining establishment with the excpetion of the the Coffee Shop. It was this trip where I had such a lousy time that I nicknamed the place the morgue and considerig there were about 10 people on the casino floor it deemed appropriate. The Altantic Club then started sending me room offers, which until this month I declined. I decided to give them another chance and I was glad that I did. I was pleased that at check-in there was someone directing the line, which was done previously. I was pleased to see that the rooms themselves haven't changed much over the past few years. The atmosphere was alive and they even had a convention there, which I was glad to see. I had dinner at BB, which is the Burger Bar and was delighted to see there prices along with all of the food prices including room service at the Atlantic Club have gone down, while the quality of the food, which improved during the last months as the Hilton remained very good. I got my usual play on the casino floor and was pleased to see new carpeting. The next morning I had a tasty breakfast at the Coffee Shop and then got some pastries at Cappucinos, which is there actual coffee shop to take to my next destination in AC. My overall experience reminded me of the old AC Hilton only with cheaper food prices and the Atlantic Club is no longer the morgue. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!