“love it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City

You added TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City to your Saves list
TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   101 S Iowa Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Ascot Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms are very clean and nice. Beds are to die for!!!!!!!. I absolutely loved my stay and wish I couldve stayed longer. It's also right next to the boardwalk and tropicana and when it gets warmer you can go to the outdoor pool. Also, they serve breakfast in the mornings.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
T M, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review. I am truly happy to hear you loved our hotel. We make every effort to make each guest stay comfortable and enjoyable, and our reward is surely comments like yours. I am happy you found our rooms to be clean. Housekeeping is a priority to us. And our comfortable beds are becoming quite famous among our guests. Glad you liked our location, only steps to Tropicana Casino, the beach Boardwalk, shopping and restaurants. We wish you could have stayed longer also, and we hope you will return to be our guest again very soon. Remember that an inviting pool during summer months, and a warm breakfast will be there when you return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good value for the price. Room was clean and had everything necessary.. Location is top, right across the tropicana, the jitney stop right in front of it and it's just a couple steps from the beach. House keeping comes once a day and replaces used towels and makes your bed. Breakfast was ok. Overall good impression especially if you're traveling on a budget.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy you had a pleasant stay. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value. We try our best to keep our prices affordable and our customer service a priority. I am happy you found your room clean, cleanliness is very important to us. It is good to hear you liked our location. It is terrific, steps from Tropicana Casino, the beach, boardwalk, shopping and restaurants. Glad you found our breakfast to be ok. Our franchise does not require us to offer breakfast. Our management decided to offer a complimentary hot continental breakfast for the convenience of our guests. We offer a variety of fruits, cereals, eggs, waffles and more. Thank You for having a good overall impression. Our goal is to make each and every guest stay comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I recently stayed at Tryp hotel for spring break for a total of seven nights.
We stayed in a non-smoking room with two queen beds and were initially put off by the motel style of the place, it is all based outside so the minute you exit the door you are on a narrow balcony outside and sometimes we felt uncomfortable having the blinds open as people were constantly walking past and peering into the rooms.
The rooms however are pleasantly well-maintained, clean and has everything you need. There is a TV with many free movie channels, a hair dryer, a few toiletries etc just like a standard hotel.
What bothered me is the cleaning service. The hotels I am used to staying at always provide a 'do not disturb' sign to place on the door. This hotel however did not, and the cleaners would incessantly knock on the door at 10am whilst we were trying to sleep and would not stop until we got up to answer the door. Even when we tell them we do not want the room cleaned, they barge in and bring towels and take out the trash.
This is not ideal when we are a young couple going on many boozy late nights out and want our sleep. One day, when we refused to answer the door we received phone calls from the main reception asking for us to open the door which I find ridiculous. We should have the right to relax and sleep in and refuse the room to be cleaned if not ideal for us.
There is free wifi provided however it is extremely slow and unreliable and did stop working a few nights. When we called the reception to complain they would say they have rebooted it but I don't think they actually do.
Unfortunately, I ended up losing my iPod on the trip. I usually make sure to keep my valuables locked up however due to being rushed I seemed to have forgotten my iPod on the bedside table to come back and find it missing. After complaining to the staff, and going through a check with one of the cleaners it still did not show up. I know for a fact it was stolen and they kept that hidden, so watch out and don't keep things in the safe. Take all things with you or keep them in a locked suitcase.
The hotel provides a breakfast in the morning which is very simple and not worth it to be honest. There are pre-cooked eggs, sausages and two types of cereal plus a make your own waffle station. There is also coffee and tea. I only ate there once and decided not to eat there again.
The only reason we chose this place was because of the price and the location is perfect. It is situated close to the big hotels and casinos and there is a jitney stop directly outside for easy transport.
If you're one of those people that only really need a bed to stay because you're busy exploring the place and don't want to blow too much cash this is the perfect place. If instead you want a relaxing stay in a safe and pleasant place, this is not the one for you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
T M, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value and perfect location. We are conveniently located, only steps to Tropicana, the beach, boardwalk, restaurants and shopping. Great to hear you found our rooms pleasant, well maintained and clean. You mention you did not have a do not disturb sign. All you had to do was ask at the front desk, or housekeeping and a sign would have been provided to you. We have do not disturb signs in all of our rooms, and I apologize that for some reason your sign was not there. As to house keeping, we do not require or call guests to have their rooms cleaned. We do not however clean rooms 24 hours a day, so if a room is to be cleaned it must be cleaned during the normal working hours when our housekeeping staff is present. Again however no complaint was ever made to the front desk. Had you contacted us we would have made every effort to accomadate your requests to the extent possible. I am sorry you felt our breakfast was not worth it. Our hotel is not required to offer a complimentary breakfast, but the management decided to offer a free hot breakfast with a variety of items for the comfort and convenience of our guests. I am sorry to hear you lost your Ipod. There is no record that you reported this to the front desk, but i am glad to hear housekeeping tried to assist you in finding it. Our staff are honest and reliable, and would always help you when an item has been lost or misplaced to the extent that they can. The issues you had with our property would have been addressed immediately had you reported them to the front desk at the time they occurred. You say that you stayed seven days. We cannot be expected to resolve problems you had during those seven days when we knew nothing about them. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is a priority for us. I am very sorry your stay was anything less than completely satisfying, and I truly wish you would have notified us of your various issues so that we could have resolved them to your satisfaction.
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

So my friend recently had a bacholorette weekend in atlantic city. They stayed at Bally's but the way my bank account set up…I decided to stay here instead for just 115 a night. It was right next to tropicana and the room was clean, the only thing that bothered me were the toilets…no, they were clean but I just thought they were not flushing full force. The breakfast was meh…the best thing going was the waffle maker…I didn't even go the second morning, too much fun the previous night. The jitney comes right in front of the hotel every 15 minutes for 2.25. So I was able to get to my friend when needed. I didn't drive because I read the reviews of the hassle of parking, took the bus instead. I enjoyed it, can't beat the price and it's in the middle of the action.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank You for writing a review. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value in a terrific location. We are located conveniently walking distance to the beach, boardwalk shopping, restaurants and Tropicana Casino. Happy to hear you liked your room. Cleanliness is very important to us as is the comfort of our guests. At our property we are not required to provide a complimentary breakfast, but the management decided to offer a free hot breakfast for the added comfort and convenience of our guests. We make every effort to provide a variety of items hot and cold, including fruits and cereals as well. I hope you will visit us again soon. Look forward to seeing you in the future.
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

We traveled to AC for a friend's 30th Birthday and since we booked late we ended up at TRYP and from the initial pictures and some of the reviews I had to say a prayer before we arrived. This place was a nice surprise. Rooms were very clean and neat. Beds were very comfortable! The price was considerably less than all other options and I totally would recommend to other travelers. My only minus' for the hotel is that the breakfast is no where near up to par to most other Wyndham brands. The server did explain that they were open to ideas on improvement. They just reopened after a remodel May 2014 and are still working on additions (good to know). The other is that parking is $10 per night. Not a big deal if I had been informed prior to arrival. The hotel is like one of those Florida ones that has open air access to the rooms. One elevator which is located in the main lobby. There are plenty of meal options near by since the hotel does not have an actual restaurant or bar. Great location wise and comfort of room wise. If your looking for no bells and whistles and to spend your money at the casinos then this was an awesome choice!

Room Tip: Room on the bottom floor was close to parking and main desk. Made it convenient for us
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
T M, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad you found our property to be a nice surprise. Great to hear the room was clean and the beds comfortable. Cleanliness is very important to us, and our goal is always to provide a clean comfortable room for our guests to enjoy. I am happy to hear our price was less than other options you had. We work hard to keep our prices reasonable, our rooms comfortable and our customer service above the rest. I want to thank you for recommending our hotel to other visitors. There is no better advertisement for us than comments like yours from our guests. I am sorry you found the breakfast to be less than you expected. We do follow the standard variety of breakfast offerings for our hotel, however we take comments like your seriously, and we will review how we could make our breakfast more enjoyable. I am sorry you were not informed of the parking fee prior to arrival, we make every effort to ensure that information is provided to our guests. And finally I am glad you found our location convenient. Only steps to Tropicana Casino, the Quarter shopping, the beach and boardwalk make it an especially positive experience for our guests. Thank You again for writing a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

I'll keep it simple. The location seems amazing, right next to Tropicana for half the price. It's open air so the room door faces outside. you WILL hear lots and lots of horns from Taxis, yelling, screaming until at least 3AM. Do not expect any good customer service, anything close to good food or drinks. If you want a cheap place to sleep after you party until 5am, then yes. This is perfect. For anything else, stay away. Oh, and don't trust the pics, the place is OK, but not as nice as it shows.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for writing a review. I am sorry you found your stay to be anything less than satisfying. I am glad our location close to Tropicana, the beach, boardwalk and shopping was convenient for you and our price was reasonable. It is unfortunate that the taxi horns disturbed you, but I hope you understand we cannot control normal city noises on public streets. We do not tolerate yelling and screaming on our property at 3am, and can assure you if we are informed of such activity we make sure it is stopped. Our guest's comfort is most important to us. We work hard to keep our customer service at its best. You do not mention a specific incident regarding customer service, however we take comments like yours seriously, and have reminded all employees about the importance of great customer service. You mention there were no good food or drinks. We do not have a restaurant and do not serve food or drinks. We do serve a complimentary breakfast that most of our guests find convenient and tasty. We are also steps from Tropicana and the Quarter where there are great restaurants and bars. As to our pictures they were professionally done to ensure accuracy. Again I am sorry your stay was not completely satisfying. I hope you will stay with us again soon, and I promise we will make every effort to make your next stay more enjoyable and comfortable.
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Wyndham has poor customer service. Not only has it taken them over a week to tell me that they can not refund me, but that they want me to pay for their reward programs to get stuff. No way!

February 21st, my girlfriends and I were going to stay at the Tryp in Atlantic City. It was my birthday weekend. I was on the phone with the General Manager trying to reschedule do the snow storm. The General Manager then had the audacity to charge my debit card while I was on the phone with him. How Shady! When I called to reschedule it was 5pm. My check time was at 8-830pm.

I called Wyndham Customer Service however they did nothing to help me out. Shame on you Wyndham. I had 12 girls who were coming on this trip. No none of us will ever stay at ANY Wyndham locations.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you feel Wyndham has poor customer service, but unfortunately that has nothing to do with our hotel. We have no control over franchise headquarters, but we will bring your comments to their attention. At our property we take customer service seriously, and we are very proud to have a staff that understands the importance of great customer service. I do not know if you called our property or the brand call center regarding your desire to cancel you reservation on the day of arrival. I do know our preauthorization charges are processed 48 hours prior to arrival, so you would not have been charged while on the phone since the charge would have been processed two days prior. Also unfortunately you said you called 5pm on the day of arrival. Our checkin time is at 3pm. And in any case your cancellation period ended before the day of arrival, meaning it is not possible to cancel a reservation without charge on the day of arrival. I am sorry for any misunderstandings you may have had, and I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us in the future. We have a great location close to the beach, boardwalk, shopping, retaurants and casinos. I promise we will make every effort to make your future stay enjoyable and comfortable.

Been to TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City? Share your experiences!