“BED BUGS !!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Burgundy Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Burgundy Motor Inn
You added Burgundy Motor Inn to your Saves list
116 South North Carolina, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #49 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“BED BUGS !!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was honestly the worst experience ever. Room 316 is where we stayed. After spending the best night out with my wife and friends, we checked into burgundy for a short rest. My wife woke up within the hour and felt itching sensations throughout her body. We turned on all the lights and found bed bugs on the sheets and many blood stains, not to mention the dirty cigarette ash tray we found under the bed along with a pair of dirty shorts and a shirt, the underside of the pillow case was extremely dirty and stained and there were cups with liquids in the furniture. We spoke to the manager, Nick Patel and explained the situation, our clothing were ruined, my wife had bites all over and all this man said was that he would call pest control. There was no refund and he didn't put in the slightest effort to fix anything. He actually told us to call the cops and take him to court with a disrespectful attitude.What kind of manager does that? The worst management I've seen, the worst hotel staff, and very dirty and infested. I would recommend everyone to avoid this facility if u want to keep a nice and memorable time in Atlantic city, because it definitely ruined ours...

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Jeez. I couldn't get a long enough stay at the Showboat, so I had to find a cheap place to go and take my band. This was it. The price is right for what you get, but don't expect anything remotely grand. It's a slum.

As I walked to my room, the floor was extremely dirty. My sneakers were literally sticking to the carpet. When I opened the door to my room, a was hit immediately by the aroma (or... miasma) of urine. And not human urine. Feline urine. I actually was able to go to the front desk and get a new room. The staff wasn't too keen on the idea of forking over a new room key, but they were helpful enough.

The new room didn't smell, but it wasn't clean either. There were mints on the pillow, but there was also a used condom in the tub. I showered in my friend's room both nights. Actually, you won't have much luck with any type of water here. The pool has giant sinkhole that looks like it leads straight to heck.

Sleeping will also be a problem. There are a lot of loud bikers staying here, though the bed is comfortable enough.

The most disturbing part of the stay was in the morning on the second day when I was getting ready to check out and go home. I was gathering my luggage, and upon moving my guitar case, I noticed a crack in the wall that bugs were crawling in and out of. I opened my case just to check and make sure everything was there, but when I did, I almost had a stereotypically girly panic attack. There were millipedes crawling up and down my Jagstang! Man, it was gross!

I wouldn't stay here again. I'll sleep in my van next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bedrock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Mere words can not describe how disgusting this place was. Filthy. Bugs. Mice. Awful. I should have spent the night in jail. It would have been better. Luckily, I was so hammered when I got back to my room I couldn't see the used rubber on the heater. Speaking of the heater, it ran full blast all night. The ghoul at the front desk is no help. The elevator is broken. Everything that could be wrong, was wrong.

Room Tip: This place is a pit. Sleep in your car or anywhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
North Arlington, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We got to AC at 2 am when we decided to go for an adventure with our kids...an adventure that ended up at Burgundy. After calling different places for a room for 4 we got to a hotel that was full and they booked us in a different address, they ensured of charging us $130 and then asked us to drive to the Burgundy, they said that it was a nice place just a block away from the beach...It wasn't a nice place. The rooms smell horrible, the windows are very dirty, elevator is kind of dangerous, hallways are packed of dirt and even peaces of a CAUTION ribbon on the floor.. The front desk is horrific.. it was dirty people coming to the hotel at the time we got there with the kids..not so fun to see drunk people "partying" at the entrance. We knew from the first minute how the whole experience would be..bad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

When I got down to A.C. I didn't have a place to stay after having fun. So I tried a few places and I thought that what they were asking for the night was high. So I wondered upon the Burgundy Hotel and it should have been called the "Motel from Hell". They grabbed my credit card so fast your head would have spent around 20 times. The rooms were disgusting and they charged me $200 for one night when I was told $170. I stayed out late that night on purpose because all I knew was that I wanted to be nice and tired so that the morning could come quick and I could leave that hell hole!!! Please don't stay at this motel. You will regret it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Atlantic City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I could not believe I woke up in the morning with a mouse running off my bed, OMG!!! In the bathroom there was BLACK MOLD all over the walls, didnt notice the night before cuz everytime i went to the restroom, i went in and never turned on lights....the elevator is a damned accident waiting to happen

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This place was a dump of all dumps. I stayed there this past saturday night and woke up in the morning with small red trails of bed bug bites up and down my arm. DO NOT STAY HERE I called the number listed to complain but its out of service. I will report them to the city as soon as I return home from my trip we left 1st thing in the morning!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Burgundy Motor Inn? Share your experiences!