“great clean hotel off the beaten path” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“great clean hotel off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at Marriot courtyard because I had some gift certificates I won from work. When I normally visit Atlantic city I stay at one of the casino hotels on the strip so this was a whole new experience for me. I stayed in a king suite on the 17th floor which I absolutely loved. If you can upgrade to a suite do it, well worth it. The room was clean and had 2 flat screen tv's. (living room area which came with microwave and small sink and bedroom) the king suite also included a jet spa tub and separate shower. The location was out the way considering you can stay in the caesars or trump and be directly on the boardwalk, however it was only a short drive to the other hotels/casinos. valet was efficient. my ONLY con was that they placed a hold of $210 on my account I was not aware of until after the money was taken out….thought that should have been told to me before hand…they said it will go back on my account in 5-7 business days (we shall see). check out was smooth and quick…they billed me for having 2 cars instead of 1 but the minor hiccup was fixed swiftly by the front desk attendent and they refunded me back the difference. All in all great weekend stay would definitely return...

Room Tip: king suite is worth the extra money
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Latrisha,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite. We only have 4 of those, and high in demand as you can imagine. Thank you for not letting the the error on the bill affect your score. When you return, contact me so that I can block a higher floor room for you of not the suite.

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

After reading all the reviews listed on this site, I had mixed feelings going into this hotel for two nights. Why I choose it was on the strength of the Marriott name. From check in to check out, the experience was quick and easy. My room was gorgeous, clean, and seemed to be recently updated. I say that because there was still painters tape in a corner of the bathroom. I only hope that after I checked out today, the cleaning staff found it and removed it. One reviewer mentioned the neighborhood, I did not see any issue with it. The Jitney lets you off right at the hotel and the area was well lit. My only complaints are: 1) upon check-in the guy (Brendan) explained the hold on my credit card incorrectly 2) my pillows were extremely soft; can be a good thing for others, to each his own and 3) during breakfast on my days I had to request clean utensils. Overall, my experience was so much better than I expected. Now, if the hold on my credit cards doesn't release properly, this will be a whole different review being as I just check out today.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nicole,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you still gave us a shot, regardless of the mixed feelings. Thank you for mentioning our location and being understanding. As for charges and credit card holds, I assure you that the money will be returned automatically after 3-4 business days, This procedure is very common and you have nothing to worry about.

Shaver Lake, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a fair hotel, not quite what I expected from a Marriott. You should be cautious of this neighborhood. The room was average at best. The toilet had issues. The service was not what I am accustomed to receiving from Marriott. I have been a Platinum member for many years .I am ambivalent about a return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback. I am saddened to hear that you experience was not above average. We take our member's opinions very seriously and can only hope that you would give us the chance to make things up. Please contact me anytime regarding future reservations, I will personally see to it that you receive a great room without issues. Thank you again.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wife and I stayed here on a recent trip to Atlantic City. We were there for one night, checking in on Saturday and leaving on Sunday. We are a gold Marriott member and we did get a bag upon arrival and check out which contained some bottle water, peanuts, and candy. We were not offered anything else and that included breakfast. On a previous stay here we were given two free breakfast passes for being a gold member. Check in was quick.

Upon arrival we used the valet to park the car as we did not plan using the car for the weekend and walking to the boardwalk which is nice walk. (about a 10 minute walk). Valet was quick and only took 5 minutes to get car when checking out.

The room was nice and worked for our short stay in Atlantic City. There was no safe in our room but we did have a refrigerator which was nice to have. The room was clean except for some stains on the chair and mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and around the shower.
Views from the room are ok if you can look past the run down houses and empty lots. Even number rooms have a better view of the ocean. Odd number rooms look directly at hotel next store.

Overall the hotel is nice but we would shop around for a better deal. If offered a deal at a hotel on the boardwalk at the same price we would take that over the Marriott.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room on a high floor for the best view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear JANJ1225,

We appreciate your Gold membership and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the goodie bag that was provided at check-in. Unfortunately, Courtyards do not offer complimentary breakfast. It's a brand standard that we must follow. I apologize if making an exception in the past gave the impression that it's available but we did not offer it this time.

Thank you for mentioning our efficient Valet team and cleanliness of the room. Great Tip for viewers, high floor and south side is the way to go! Contact me if you need anything at all and take care.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard AC. The hotel is next door to Resorts Casino and a couple of blocks to Taj Mahal. Very convenient to the "Walk" designer outlet. The Jitney stops on the corner and taxis are readily available. We were in AC to celebrate my nieces birthday so we had diversity in ages. The hotel is clean and comfortable. If you're looking for a pleasant view this is not the hotel for you as the neighborhood is not the best. The maintenance staff and maid services are good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear JANJ1225,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the location and staff. Thank you for leaving some great tips for readers and future guests. We look forward to your next stay with us.

new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently booked two rooms at the Courtyard to celebrate my 60th birthday with my nieces and two girlfriends. I had purchased some wine, cheese and fruit so we could have a small happy hours before our night out. In the morning when we were packing up to go I opened the fridge and a very strong odor was present. The firdge had stopped working sometime during the night and I had to throw out about $60:00 worth of food. We had gone to Docs Oyster House for dinner and some of us had also brought home leftovers to enjoy at another time and of course that all had to be thrown out. The smell was so bad that I had to bag everything up and give to the housekeeping lady so the room would not smell disgusting. Upon check out I mentioned this to the front desk and the gentelmen apologized and said he would make note of it. The lobby was crowded with guest checking out so I let it go. A few days later I received a survey request from Marriott and I am also a Marriott rewards member. I took the opportunity to let them know about the fridge and received an "apology" from the assistant manager who hoped the "this would not dter me from staying there again". I feel that the Marriott has not handled this properly and that I should of received some type of small credit to my bill. i guess the cutomer is not alway considered in matters like that. The hotel is fine, a bit run down, two wobbly lamps and stained carpets in the room. The staff in general were wonderful. Ate breakfast in the morning and the food was fine. However, the chairs in the dining room are very stained and this took away from our dining experience.

Room Tip: Check that your fridge is working. .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Emhjsh,

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback. I am saddened to hear that you experience was damaged due to maintenance issues. I am sorry that we didn't offer any more compensation. Please contact me if you are thinking of returning. I will do my best to offer a discounted rate or try to add in something special.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I personally go to Atlantic City once every month, mostly for the outlets, I lived in casino hotels usually, either caesars or trump, bally, tropicana since they are close to outlet, after I become elite member of Marriott, I always choose marriott brand, however this time, a manager in Courtyard Atlantic city, Golam Rabbani (called Anik) keep fighting us for elite benefits, no breakfast and no upgrade (with a lowest rate on that day compared to it's rate calendar). And he successfully drove us out of the property finally. This guy looks smart, talk smoothly and quickly, quick reactions, however, you put your smart in the wrong way. Keep fighting reducing benefit instead of improve the service or trying to help elite members. (travelling with three month old baby)

This is the first time I live in Marriott brands without any benefits. (we head back to trump finally with half the price compared to courtyard AC.)

I also like to leave the message for this guy, Anik, you talks like a smart guy but actually you put it in the wrong way. You successfully beat me on the platinum elite benefits such as breakfast, but I will never step into this property in future again. You win, congratulations!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City? Share your experiences!