“Excellent choice for value and quality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 59 hotels in Atlantic City
melbourne
“Excellent choice for value and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights after arriving from Australia to get over jet lag. Could not complain about any thing at this hotel. Comfy beds, clean, pleasant staff, reasonably placed with jitney bus stop right outside. Great cold beers across the road at the atlantic bar. Atlantic city itself is a different matter. Bit scary as some streets are deserted and my wife was concerned walking past car parks and empty blocks to get the one block down to the board walk. We would personally not do this at night. Otherwise if you are going would definitely recommend this hotel. Way cheaper than the prices we got for worse reviewed casino rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm glad that you liked our hotel.
I hope that you will return soon.

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The room n bathroom was a decent size n clean. However their whirlpool was a different story was kinda dirty n i didn't like the location. I was there over labor day wknd and got their close to 10pm n we were starving n tired but had to leave to to find food because they didnt have a restaurant or any type of food, They only served breakfast. if you are looking for somewhere to lay your head an shower its cool but if u want entertainment, gambling, walking to shop i wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry, but we are a hotel and not a casino. We don't have gambling here. I'm glad that you liked the hotel and we are close to the casinos, we just don't have one in our hotel. I do hope that you will return soon! Please feel free to contact me at any time. :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and it was such a wonderful stay thanks to the GM Hugh Chandler. He was so nice and truly cared about customer service. The hotel was very clean and so were the rooms. Hugh really made it a great experience and I will be staying again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the GREAT feedback and taking time to write a review!
I'm happy to have been of service!
--Hugh
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in a suite for two nights. The rooms were spotless and the decor was generally impressive. Our requests were promptly and courteously dealt with. Our major complaint about the room was the sofabed which was really uncomfortable and not conducive to a good night's sleep. Additionally, there was no door between the shower/bathroom and the bedroom, so if you're not a couple there is nothing to spare your blushes!

Breakfast was particularly good, there was a great selection with the option to have your omelet made Just the way you like it.

Getting to the boardwalk and casinos was an easy walk from the hotel. If you choose to walk by the parking lot, though the path looks less than attractive, it is well lit and we felt safe using it even at nights.

Overall, it was pleasant stay and we'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! I'm glad that you liked the hotel and thanks for writing a review! :)
We'll take your comments into consideration during our renovation in 2014!
I hope that you will return soon!
----Hugh
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last night, as we were in town for a concert. The hotel and rooms are super clean and new. The room bathrooms are a great size, as was our King room. I liked the free fruity water and popcorn in the lobby. Everyone on staff is super attentive and nice, which was refreshing. The AC unit in our room was broken upon arrival but one call to the front desk and it was fixed by maintenance in no time. The hotel is a few blocks from the beach and boardwalk, but valet parking is $12 all day with unlimited in/out. All in all I enjoyed our stay here, and was pleasantly surprised. When staying in AC it's always hit or miss, so I was glad to finally find something decent that didn't break the bank and would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sorry about the air conditioning unit, but glad that you liked our hotel. I hope that you will return soon, there are a ton of great concerts in Atlantic City!
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would rate the hotel itself as 5 star. I took one star off for the neighborhood. Even though the hotel is only a block away from the boardwalk it seemed like a long walk looking over my shoulder, but that is the way A.C. is. The staff was really friendly, esp front desk and the valet staff. I was worried about valet parking but the service was very fast. After we checked out I realized I didn't have directions to the Cape May Ferry and the front desk staff kindly printed out directions for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Please let me know if I can be of any help for future reservations. thanks for the great comments on our staff. I do have to say that Gov. Chrisite has committed to re-investing in Atlantic City and the Tourism distrcit should be ready soon. Call me any time. :)
----Hugh
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay. The Marriott Courtyard staff (front desk, valet and dining/bar) are extremely friendly cordial, hospitable and accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet too.....no waiting and tasty food!

We had short 5 minute walk to the boardwalk, and we were right in the middle of all the boardwalk experience. We will be back. Thank you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Wow! Thank you for the great comments! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our staff.
We hope that you will return soon.
Summer is still here and Fall will be upon us soon.
The Jersey Shore is beautiful this time of year!
-----Hugh

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City? Share your experiences!