“Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Leawood, Kansas
“Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here while attending a convention as I am committed Marriott Rewards member. This hotel has a non-traditional Courtyard style. I arrived late the first night and appreciated that the bar was open past 10 pm and featured some $4 beer options. The hotel is quiet and shuttle route runs right outside the front door. The breakfast buffet features eggs made to order, is good and reasonable.

From my room on the top floor, I could see some of the Atlantic Ocean bracketed by the Resorts and Taj Mahal resorts.

My guess is the hotel was updated a few years ago and while not new, is still in pretty good shape. One beef - the wireless internet in my room was not consistent. It worked fine in the morning, but in the evening (after 8 pm), the speeds were excruciatingly slow.

The area around the hotel is not particularily attractive, but that pretty much sums up Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Free breakfast is available to Platinum members.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for your review of our hotel!
We appreciate your feedback.
I'm glad that you liked our hotel and I'll look into the wireless issue that you mentioned.
-----Hugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our weekend trip to Atlantic City. The room was spacious and clean. We had a deal that included breakfast, which was plentiful. The neighborhood is not the best but it was a quick walk to the boardwalk. The only issue we had with the hotel was with the valet parking attendant. We had a miscommunication with him and he got very upset with us and raised his voice. Fortunately, his colleague tried to apologize on his behalf. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you very much for the great comments and taking time to rate our hotel!
We appreciate you patronage.
We hope that you'll return in the future and I'll certainly address your service comment.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Atlantic City, NJ on April 21st. The stay was great. As it was a Sunday night stay and not summer yet, the place was pretty empty. My elite status was recognized at check in and I was asked if I had a floor preference and I responded the higher the better (to get the best possible view). Turns out we got a corner room on the 16th floor (17 total floors) closest to the water which was great. The room was a good size, the bathroom was nice, and everything was very clean. The room was quiet as well. Overall a very good stay at a reasonable rate. They have valet for $10 a day which is reasonable. The front desk staff was friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear that you enjoyed out hotel!
Thank you very much for being a Marriott Rewards member!
We hope that you will be back soon.
-----Hugh
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

There's nothing negative to say about this hotel. We enjoyed our stay here from beginning to end. The rooms were phenomenal! Our view of the A.C. Strip was amazing. We will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very glad to hear that you liked our hotel and the view! Please come back soon!
West Collingswood Heights, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for the AC Beerfest and had a very nice weekend. We took the train and then cabbed it to the hotel which was quick however I would not recommend walking it if you are not familiar with AC. Service was very nice as we had arrived early and there was no issues with check-in. We were put in a king room on the 14th floor. Could see the ocean and bay which was beautiful at sunrise. We walked around the area in the daytime and did not have any issues but be wary at night when walking around AC. The boardwalk was a 2 minute walk and the Irish Pub was 2-3 blocks away just off the boardwalk. The room was very nice and comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant which is not included however was very nice. We also hung out at the hotel bar and had a good time. Victoria works the restaurant in the morning and bartends in the evening. She was great as was everyone else working there. Only complaint was the ice machines were not working on the upper floors and had to search to find one with ice. I cannot comment on a business stay here but it was a very nice stay for pleasure.

Room Tip: Room 1415 is quiet and has a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, I'm very glad that you liked the hotel and our staff! The AC Beerfest is a lot of fun and I'm happy to hear that you liked the Irish Pub too. It is a great establishment.
I'll make sure I pass your great comments along to Victoria as well.
Cheers!
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Don't want to walk through a smoke filled casino every time you enter the hotel- need to get work done/ enjoy fitness when you travel- this is your place! Good buffet breakfast and small bar with happy hour specials in the evening. Well appointed fitness center on level 2 with a hot tub.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I'm really glad to hear that you liked our hotel and staff! I hope that you will be back soon!
Please ask for me the next time you're at the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the AC Courtyard for the AC Beerfest and would have to say that this is a pretty nice hotel to stay at if you don't want to be right in the action of having a casino on sight. It was clean and the staff the was very friendly. All in all I would definetley recommend staying there. After all it is a Marriott and they are always a safe stay as far as my experiences have gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review! I hope that you had a great time at Beerfest. They do a great job with that event.
We hope that you'll come back and see us soon.
----Hugh

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City? Share your experiences!