“You can always count on Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Long Neck, Delaware
“You can always count on Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just returned from a quick overnight at the COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT IN Atlantic City, NJ. My third stay at this property. Great clean and quiet room, helpful front desk and friendly breakfast staff. Good breakfast buffet (no other meals available) for $10. All was as nice as you'd want it....not the best location for walking around but a quick jitney bus ride to any of the casinos. This is where I always stay when going to a concert in AC. No surprises...just the way I like it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Very happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and staff! Please come back soon.
I'll look forward to meeting you in person.
Happy Holidays!
-------Hugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Chose the location a block away for quiet, and we found the street well-lit in the evening as we walked to the boardwalk. The parking lot was fenced in and our car was parked close to the hotel in a well-lit spot. The parking staff provided excellent restaurant suggestions and brought our car quickly. The room was comfortable and the front desk helpful. Would stay here again. The breakfast was not free, but reasonable, and again, staff was attentive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We appreciate your review of our hotel! Thanks for the kind words and we hope that you'll return soon.
-----------Hugh
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for a night during the Atlantic City marathon weekend and would definitely stay here again. The staff's hospitality and friendliness were outstanding. I really appreciated that they set up a table with fruit and snacks for the runners since we had to be out before normal breakfast hours. The room itself was immaculate and had decent toiletries. As for location, it's a few minutes walk to the boardwalk. Yes there are a few characters loitering around the neighborhood but nothing that made me uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your great comments! I hope that you did well in the marathon and will come back and visit us again soon!
--------Hugh
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice rooms. Location is not in a great neighborhood, but then, as soon as you get away from the boardwalk, most areas seem unsafe. They do have valet parking, so you don't need to walk around in the neighborhood. I thought that all Courtyards offer free breakfast and that was a primary reason for choosing this hotel. This location has a separate rate if you want breakfast. While I should have read more carefully, I was disappointed to discover this and decided that I would not pay $10.95 for breakfast and went elsewhere. I also left an item behind and was disappointed that no one contacted me to let me know. I travel extensively and several hotels have done this. While the item left behind was not expensive, it would have been a nice touch and would have endeared me to the Marriott hotel chains.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to say that the Courtyard brand does have a charge for breakfast. It's Marriott's brand standard that we must adhere to. I'm also sorry that you left an item behind, but we are unable to contact all guests that leave items in rooms as many people leave them behind on purpose or would rather not be contacted for privacy reasons. I will certainly take your comments and use them as a training tool on how to better serve our guests.
------Hugh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The people and the hotel are nicer than many Courtyards I have stayed in.. but the location of this particular hotel was pretty bad for us... we were there to golf and not primarily for the casinos... but we walked out the back door and down a road between parking lots and it seemed like could be an unsafe walk if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time... in fact another time we were walking from the south from Caesars and were walking along side what seemed like a normally dressed kid, maybe 20 and he begged for - get this - 50 cents... are you kidding me, he looked like he should be skate boarding with his friends or between classes at school and is out scrounging for 50 cents... anyway, the hotel really is nice and the is very, very good - breakfast was included and the staff was so accommodating... the other thing to note is that parking is valet and $10.50 per day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for the great comments about the hotel! I hope that you will return in the future. The CRDA and Tourism district that have been created are doing great work in cleaning up some of the tougher areas of the city. I hope that you'll return and see the progress.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here on an overnight visit to Atlantic City. It met all of the expectations of a Marriott property. The staff was friendly and helpful. The parking is valet parking at a reasonable $15 per day or so depending on when you stay. You can take your vehicle as many times as you want from the valet during that time frame with no additional charges. The hotel is not located in the nicest part of the city and I wouldn't suggest walking anywhere. We chose to drive everywhere we went from the hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from lower floors. Higher floors may afford a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your comments! I hope that you will return soon.
Atlantic City and the state of New Jersey are making a lot of great improvements to the area and should be completed soon.
Bronx, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here when I came to Atlantic City because it was more reasonably priced and I wanted to stay in a Clean hotel. Everyone was friendly and it's very close to the Trump Taj Mahal where my friends were staying. The only downside to this hotel is that there are no safes in the room. If you want to leave your jewelery behind in a safe, you have to do it at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hugh C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your input regarding in room safes. We value your comments and will review. I'm very happy that you were happy with the hotel and staff. Please come stay with us again soon.
----------Hugh

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City? Share your experiences!