“Expected more for the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Expected more for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was a mediocre room and a mediocre hotel. Reeks of chlorine and there's no pool here. Water stained ceilings and floors. Rusted bathroom appliances. Lumpy hard bed and lumpy pillows. I was not far from the office and I had no wifi in room, I was told to try standing in the door by the hall. Really. I wish I forked the extra $100 and booked one of the casino hotels. Parking is $5 which was not bad. Location is great, just a shirt distance from boardwalk and smack dab between between Bally and Resort Casinos

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bridgewater, NS, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for the second summer in a row. A great central location with amenities all around, a short 300 ft walk to the Boardwalk, and as a hotel, it was very clean with nice décor and everything works fine...Internet, fridge, microwave, TV, shower...all of it!....an all around comfortable place to stay without the big costs of the beachfront hotels and their insidious extra fees for parking and Internet.....I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Queens, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice hotel. Room & service was good. Continental breakfast had decent choices. Food was fresh, coffee, juices good - helpful staff. Didn't like that room was charged to credit card upon arrival, and not at check-out, like most other hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Belleville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I planned this trip for my boyfriend birthday because he likes the ocean and walking and gambling so this was the perfect place for him. Since we were gambling and eating dinner in expensive places I chose to stay at Best western because they are a good chain of hotel and they serve free breakfast unlike the hotels on the boardwalk such as Tropicana or Trump Plaza and we could save a little more money. The hotel was really nice I was scared to stay here because it was not on the boardwalk and the neighborhood but it was very close and the neighborhood was not that bad the people would not even bother us when we walked to our room at night. I would stay here again if I needed to save some money but after walking through the boardwalk hotels I know that is where I want to stay and I will have more months to save money instead of the 3.5 months I had.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

London, On
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had two nights this month at the Envoy. Upon arrival we were not happy with front desk staff attitude, followed by getting a smoking room despite having booked non-smoking. On return to the desk they could only get us two doubles non-smoking although we were there 15 mins past 3pm and I am a Gold Elite BW member.
Parking was good, secure and very handy.
Later in the stay we experienced more rude front desk, and saw other guests experience it too.
The remainder of hotel staff seemed friendly but spoke little English.
Breakfast (included) was fine but they only would put out so much.... even though they had reserves and therefore one had to go very early if one wanted any choice.
Location was fine - a block of the boardwalk - but nighttime ventures out showed the neighbourhood to be somewhat rough on the road to bettering maybe?
AC was ok which was good because it was hot!

Room Tip: Double check that you get nonsmoking - they have a lot that are smoking. For the price I'd say...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had called twice, the morning of my reservation to see about an early check in. They said regualr check in is at 3pm the earliest they could do would be 2pm. I arrived at the hotel at 11am and went inside to recieve a pass to park in the lot while i went down to the boardwalk and waited for the two rooms to be ready. When I talked to the clerk at the front desk he asked my name and assured me the two rooms wpuld be ready at 2pm. We then went over to the boardwalk and bought tickets for a show that began at 4pm. SO we figured we would get to the hotel and be able to check in, get showered, get dressed and make it back for the 3:30 pm seating. We got to the hotel at 2pm and waited about 10 minutes to find out only one room was ready and the other one was one hour wait.. Needless to say all four of us were not able to shower and get ready and amke it back to the show. We got there just as they were closing the doors and weren't allowing anyone else in . $300.00 JUST DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Framingham, Massachusetts, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much and found the Envoy to be consistent with Best Western standards. The room was very nice and up to date. All amenities in the room and the breakfast was great. The hotel itself was not modern but well kept and clean. It was close to everything but Atlantic City itself was troubling. We did not gamble but looked around. The City is in distress.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HotelManagement403, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Envoy Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest!

We appreciate your comments dearly. We strive to make each stay positive and memorable one at that! Please come back to visit us soon and call ahead if you need any special arrangements that we may be able to assist you with!

Thanks again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Envoy Inn? Share your experiences!