“Not a good area” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
ickenham
“Not a good area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff were helpful
The first room smelt of damp and no wifi
The second was fine. Nice size.
Was breakfast is included but basic
Free parking we were there mid week so very quite
Area rough. Not suggested to walk around at night

• Stayed October 2012

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stay in hotels for work almost every week and this was one of the worst. Room was dark and run down, bathroom was tiny, dark and needs a complete remodel. Toilet did not work properly and there is a hanging pendant light in front of the A/C unit which I hit my head on while lowering the A/C in the middle of the night. The price is very high considering the low quality of this hotel. It is a $25 a night caliber hotel at best.

Room Tip: Stay at a casino.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

While working nearby, i was at this place for 2 weeks. First of all the parking spaces are so small my rental car got 3 dings which i would have had to pay for if they caught it when i turned in the car, i think someone scuffed the back hitting my rental and leaving a 12" scuff. Has limited front parking, additional parking in another lot in the rear near the halfway house located just down the street..its the one with the druggies hanging out front at all times day/night just released from prison. The breakfast was crappy compared to other continentals, with just enough to meet AAA lowest standard also they used a room on the second floor as the breakfast area...same with the so called gym is two treadmills in an empty room lol. The lobby computer is just that, a small table with a computer in the corner of the lobby which is extremely small. If your going to the boardwalk - drive because both streets are loaded with bad people..one street has a halfway house for people just released from jail and they hang out 24 hours in front shouting out to anyone walking..any response makes you a target! I thought a few times i saw them selling drugs. The other street has a low class strip club and drunkards day and night, one day at 7am I had to step over a drunk sleeping on the sidewalk to get by. The hallways are not temperature controlled, everything in the room seemed low budget...the TV and the small fridge were nice. Pillows/bed/chair were all crappy. Although they were friendly ALL the employees seemed to be from India almost like a form of discrimination, there were 2 hisopanics working there...a maint. and cleaner. 7/11 next door and seemed like just going there at anytime...beggars would be all around that motel and ask for different things. I have stayed in about 200 hotels and this one is in my top 3 of worst...if work ever told me i had to stay here again I would refuse and quit my job. There was one outstanding man working at the desk that made the stay a little better. And the manager cut me a deal when i had to unexpectidly had to extend my stay, but that was works money so it really didnt matter. If I had to guess there is a 25% you may have something bad happen to you during your stay here depending on what your plans are. I dont think this Hotel can ever improve the desrepancies..most are based on location..you may get mugged staying here, due to the area and its surroundings. It would not be cost effective to improve the things needed to make this place nice... a rebuild would be what it takes and that will never happen, plus you cant change the location.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the main street are bigger and better....my two co-workers were in the others and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We booked the room last minute from the Internet photos. Drove up to the place and seriously wondered when and where those photos were taken! It was in the heart of ghetto vile and did not feel comfortable staying there or leaving our brand new vehicle parked in the back of the hotel. We politely asked them to cancel the room. Hopefully they did so at no charge since it was already guaranteed. If not, it was still worth the price to go somewhere else!!

Stayed August 2012
Johnsburg, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed there over the 4th. of July with my husband and 3 boys. Even my boys were grossed out by this hotel. The lobby smelled of smoke - which was our first impression!! The room was average to small size, but the beds were very small and very hard. Our sheets had some sort of stain on them that we didn't even want to guess at. The bathroom was surfaced clean, but their were stains on the walls, ceiling and shower curtain. The breakfast was ok, typical of a continental breakfast. We checked out as quickly as possible the next day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement403, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Envoy Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

We apologize for your recent experience with your stay. We would hope you would consider the events you experienced during your stay as an isolated incident. Our public spaces in the hotel are non-smoking. Unfortunately by the time you walked in, an inconsiderate guest most likely walked through with cigarette. We regret you had to experience this.

Our sheets, are washed from a third party distributor which we made fully away of our expectations for our hotel. Again, we do regret you had to experience such. We would hope you can give us another chance so you may show you that we do value your experience and strive to make it a good one!

I apologize again. We hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a great deal for the money. Our family likes to stay in Best Westerns if we can when we travel. The Envoy staff was so friendly and always making sure we have everything we need. We traveled to see the ocean with our kids 11 and 6, and I heard no complaints out of anyone. The neighborhood seemed a little dicey and the rooms are a little older otherwise I would have gave this hotel an excellent. While we were there we could tell that the staff was continuesly making improvements to the premises. Because of other posts we looked for bed bugs and we had none in our room. If we every came to AC again we would stay here again in hopes that the same staff is still here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend while our favorite band was in town. Upon our arrival we realized we weren't in a very good part of the city. The parking lot around back seems a litle unsafe, I wouldn't park there. Friday night there were a bunch of possibly homeless people and other unsavory characters around. On Saturday morning we were awaken by the hotel phone and the woman on the other end of the phone said she was from the front desk and something happened with the computers, she wanted us to provide her with information. I responded with "that is fine, but I can't do this right now" and hung up the phone. When asking the front desk about this later they said I wasn't them and another guest was complaining about it as well. The front desk wasn't very helpful and didn't deal with the situation. We have to assume that the woman on the phone was staying at the hotel too. The moral of this story is don't stay here and don't EVER give your information out over the phone without double checking!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Envoy Inn? Share your experiences!