“Very friendly service” 3 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
“Very friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a great deal for the money. Our family likes to stay in Best Westerns if we can when we travel. The Envoy staff was so friendly and always making sure we have everything we need. We traveled to see the ocean with our kids 11 and 6, and I heard no complaints out of anyone. The neighborhood seemed a little dicey and the rooms are a little older otherwise I would have gave this hotel an excellent. While we were there we could tell that the staff was continuesly making improvements to the premises. Because of other posts we looked for bed bugs and we had none in our room. If we every came to AC again we would stay here again in hopes that the same staff is still here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend while our favorite band was in town. Upon our arrival we realized we weren't in a very good part of the city. The parking lot around back seems a litle unsafe, I wouldn't park there. Friday night there were a bunch of possibly homeless people and other unsavory characters around. On Saturday morning we were awaken by the hotel phone and the woman on the other end of the phone said she was from the front desk and something happened with the computers, she wanted us to provide her with information. I responded with "that is fine, but I can't do this right now" and hung up the phone. When asking the front desk about this later they said I wasn't them and another guest was complaining about it as well. The front desk wasn't very helpful and didn't deal with the situation. We have to assume that the woman on the phone was staying at the hotel too. The moral of this story is don't stay here and don't EVER give your information out over the phone without double checking!

• Stayed June 2012
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend in May, 2012. First, the good...great value for the price of this room to stay off the boardwalk. It is actually about a three-block walk from the boardwalk. Centrally located. Staff was extremely friendly and nice. Room was clean and comfortable. We stayed on the first floor to avoid the elevator/stairs. 7-11 is right next door to the hotel and this was pretty convenient for a few things.

Now, the bad...because we stayed on the first floor, our door was bordering the hotel parking lot, and we could hear all of the street noise and everyone's conversation that passed by, Unfortunately, throughout the night, those conversations woke us up a few times. The Continental breakfast, which was very basic, was included, but the coffee machine was out of order. 7-11 was good for that.

Since this was our first trip to Atlantic City, my advice would be...spend the extra money to stay at one of the 11 casinos on the Boardwalk because that's what I'm going to do next time. The Boardwalk was great for walking, going to the beach, eating, and buying souveneirs, but once you go off of it, the city is not pretty. There are all kinds of down-on-your-luck types all over the place.

Close-by are the newer outlet stores. This is not your usual outlet area because the stores are spread out over a large area with street traffic in between. Again, lots of unsavory people all over.

If you have to go anywhere, use the Jitney. It runs 24 hours, pick-up stops are everywhere, very convenient.

Room Tip: The bed was very comfortable but avoid the first floor by the parking lot because you can hear every...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We visited March 2012 to run the Atlantic City Marthon . The hotel is right on the beach, about four short blocks from the start and one block from the finish line. Nice breakfast included in the room price. The restaurant was being remodeled so it was not available for lunch/dinner, but there are lots of restaurants along Atlantic Ave., within walking distance of the hotel. Had a balcony overlooking all the marathon festivities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I really wish I would have stayed somewhere else. I reserved a king jacuzzi suite. The room was very dated. It had a rather small tv that was about 20 feet from the bed. The jacuzzi tub wasn't cleaned and when I filled it up and turned it on, hair and what appeared to be scabs were floating in the water. Needless to say I won't be back. Very overpriced and hotel isn't located in the best part of town either.

• Stayed March 2012
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at the Envoy Inn in August and not only did I find bed bugs in my room (which I put one in a cup and took to the front desk) but I also ended up finding them in my car on the way home. My girlfriend and I both had red welts on our legs from them biting. I ended up paying almost $90 to clean out my car, clean everything that was in the hotel room and for a mattress protector to make sure that I didn't infest my home with the bugs. I first tried to contact the hotel about the issue in September, and they directed me to Priceline, through which I booked my hotel. Priceline informed me then that the hotel manager would be the one to refund me and that they had to speak with them. Priceline left several messages on the answering machine for the manager over a period of 4 and a half months. Finally today, I called the hotel and got ahold of this manager. He was EXTREMELY rude to me, questioning why I was just now calling, as if Priceline and myself hadn't called already, and then told me he would refund me $50. I have to say this was the BIGGEST waste of money and time. I would have rather slept in my car, or better yet, not even gone on vacation for all the hastle that I dealt with. It was the worst vacation ever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We took a trip to Atlantic City this past weekend. 2/17 - 2/20. We stayed at thie Best Western on the strip because it was alot cheaper then staying in the casino hotels. While reading this review keep in mind AC isn't the cleanest / nicest of places as it is. The hotel is just about in the middle of the strip. It's a few blocks walk to the Taj Mahal, Showboat, Mardi Gras casinos but not bad at all. There is a Jitney stop right outside hotel which makes it easy to get anywhere you want. The rooms was clean, just a little outdated. People were nice and the parking was free. The breakfast was just what we needed in the morning. Cereal, coffee, fruit, waffles, bagels, etc. The hotel was a place for us to sleep, other then that we were out and about. Great choice for a group of guys / girls going down to have a good time and not spend an arm and a leg on the hotel. Overall - average hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Envoy Inn? Share your experiences!