“Regretful choice” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
Allentown, PA
“Regretful choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We booked this room for a one night stay for our trip to AC. It was one of the cheaper rooms we could get @ 240/night. Pictures didn't look too bad online. We figured we could deal with it for one night. When we got there, we were instantly taken back by the appearance of this motel. The clerks were rude and not helpful at all. You had to leave your car keys with the desk because the parking lot was set up to park cars in a gridlock. We were given our room keys and upon arrival to our room we were greeted with the gross smell of smoke mixed with cheap air freshener. It made us sick to our stomachs. The A/C worked but leaked and was falling apart. It was held up with two small pieces of wood. The door chain was held on with a tiny screw that wasnt screwed in tight. The door looked as if it had been kicked in (there were dents and a visible boot print on the door). The keys took like 4-5 times of swiping to actually work in the door. Nothing in the room matched. There were several holes on the wall, most notably at the phone jack and electrial outlets, which made us nervous to even use the electrical outlets in the room. The smoke detector was falling off the wall and non-functioning. The ceiling and walls were stained and dirty. The bathroom was so small and gross. You are given a paper mat for the bathroom which slides easily on the tile floor--accident waiting to happen. Carpet was wet and soggy. No fitted sheet on the bed. Sheets were dirty. Clean sheets kept in dirty linen cart outside or on steps outside. The morning of checkout, a staff member came around and looked in our window while we were getting packed--creepy. You have no privacy at this place. It is terrible. Do not stay here. The group I was with agreed that it looks like a place you bring a hooker to and there were hookers hanging at the corner where this motel is located.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
fivecardarmy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Staying at this place was a disaster for me. It was such a bad experience I am actually taking time to write this review. I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for any kind of privacy or who is planning to sleep in late. Management and its related staff were kind enough to prevent this from happening.

At around 11am every morning, you will be awaken by a guy who changes out the towels…EVEN if you have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. I was sleeping with the “do not disturb” sign on, the lights off, and the door chained and locked. First there was a knock asking for towel change, I didn’t answer hoping he would go away. When I didn’t answer the knock was louder, I said “no thanks”. He then proceeded to open up the door, and even though the lights were off and the door was chained, I opened up my eyes to actually see this [--] sticking his head the through the door peering into my room continuing to ask if I wanted towels. He could see me trying to sleep! I was so furious. This happened both days in the exact same manner.

After the second night I asked the front desk for a late checkout so I could get an extra hour of sleep until 1pm. I was told the charge would be $30 extra and I said I was fine with that. Not only does the towel man wake me up at 11am, but my phone starts ringing at the 12pm checkout time saying that I needed to come down and pay the $30 in advance if I wanted the extra hour. As I am on the phone another guy opens the door and also sticks his head in past the chain stating I needed to checkout. What a mistake it was to stay at this place. Instead of just charging my card or asking me to pay when I asked for the extra hour, they expect me to get up, get dressed, then pay, so I can squeeze in an extra hour at their precious motel after being woken up via peering heads through a chained and locked door twice?!? I have been to AC many more times and there are much better lodgings to stay for better prices where this doesn’t happen: Econolodge, Greco, etc.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in. This place, I wont even call it a hotel is dirty, gross and unkeep. There was gum on the floor, no light and smelled bad!
I will never stay in another place like this again, And I will from now on take and look at user reviews like this one and stay away.....are you listining....stay away!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

..all you want is somewhere close to the Tropicana to crash. Rooms reek of smoke, two doubles beds really means two full beds, and for some reason we had multiple TVs in our room but only one worked. If this had been anything other than a cheap place to sober up for a couple of hours... I would have been pleasantly surprised. But it wasn't.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

This was a mistake. This is a cheap motel priced at a not-so-cheap $160/night. We would have been much better off staying at a reputable cheap motel (for half the price) and paying for parking in one of the many casino garages for the Sunday morning event we were attending. If all you need is a place to sleep, anywhere else would be a better choice. Problems with the motel.
Tiny scratchy towels
Paper bath mat (which I almost slipped on)
No blanket (sheet & thin bed spread)
Very Loud heater/air conditioner
Door did not shut easily
Free parking lot did not feel safe
My expectations were low, and I could have tolerated all of the above, if the staff was friendly or helpful instead of rude and disagreeable.

• Liked — decent TV
  • Disliked — Staff courtesy
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever been to. The rooms had bugs, burns, food and dirt everywhere. I ask for a refund due to the unsanitary conditions and they would not give it to me. The desk clerk, Sam, would not call the manager or do anything to work with our situation.

It may look like a great place because its cheap and right near the boardwalk but it is terrible and dirty and not worth the price or location for what you may bring home with you... bugs or worse...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

This was THE WORST experience of OUR LIVES! I booked online and read some user reviews and I thought to myself, well I know that its not the Trop, but its right across the street, and I am only staying one night, so I would like to save some money....so I thought, Ok. My brother, his girlfriend and my boyfriend got to the hotel, I went to check in and there was a prostitute walking in front of the place. There were also about 10 guys in one room drinking as much as possible. I had already paid, so I could not get my money back. So I thought I would make the best of it. I was given my key. We went to our room, and the door was not even SHUT! We walked into a teeny tiny room and it smelled as if someone had smoked in the room for years! The bedspread was from the 1940s and the bathroom was tiny and GROSS! I paid 250 for this dump and had to check in at the Tropicana because I felt so unsafe and I was afraid to sit or touch anything in the room. I had to spend another 400 at the Trop, so my cheap weekend didn't turn out so cheap! Lesson learned though, NEVER BOOK ANYWHERE BUT THE CASINOS!

Stayed May 2008

Been to Eldorado Motor Inn? Share your experiences!