“very good but not excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 362 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arkansas and Atlantic Avenue
“very good but not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I dine at RC all over the country, usually on business. This is the second time I have eaten at this location and twice now I have been served my petite filet cooked medium well, not medium, as I ALWAYS order it. The AC location is the only RC that this happens to my order. The apps, sides and dessert were excellent. The waiter is always attentive and the service is usually exceptional, except for my overcooked steak. The point of a world class steak house is to cook it perfectly to order, Atlantic City RC has missed it twice now, and that is disappointing. I have dined multiple time at all the NJ RC locations and between them all, Atlantic City just doesn't seem to be as "polished" as the other locations.

Visited June 2013

“Joe was absolutely fantastic, all around great guy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

What an amazing time we had, great food, great company and Joe was like the icing on the cake! He had the best suggestions, everything was served to perfection and some, he helped us celebrate the best 30th birthday together, thanks a million Joe, all the best to you, always :)

• Visited June 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Been here before and I like the fact that this is not in a casino hotel, easy to get in and out and free valet parking a big plus. Service was very good, quick and efficient. My wife's rib eye was very much undercooked - asked for medium rare came out very rare - we finished it at the table on a new hot plate. My Cowboy rib eye was fatty but tasted great and was cooked perfectly. NOT worth the extra $10 vs the regular rib eye. The potatoes au gratin were excellent. I will come again but first will try some other steakhouses.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
PA
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I were spending a few nights in Atlantic City for our anniversary. This night was rainy and not very nice. My husband suggested going to RC for dinner. It was a quick walk and we had no reservation. There was no wait. They asked if we were celebrating anything special and we told them it was our anniversary. When we got to our table, it was scattered with rose petals. The service was great but leisurely. The food was excellent. They gave us a free dessert for our anniversary. It turned out to be a wonderful night considering I really didn't feel like going out to beginning with in the nasty weather!

• Visited June 2012
cattjer812
“Great time, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited this Ruth Chris on a trip to Atlantic city with my sister. The staff did everything to make it exceptional. Our waitress even took special care to ascertain nothing came with nuts for my sister (she has an allergy). She went so far as to bring separate bread dishes, special desserts, etc. she was also very educated on the wine list and made a great malbec recommendation. i would definitely return.

• Visited April 2013