“Wish it was open longer” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 325 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brighton & The Boardwalk
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Wish it was open longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The last time "I was not there was 3 months ago. The place was closed early in November so I missed a great meal. I had been there before and the food is good. It is a cheery kind of place and is definetly Spanish food..UHMMMMMM

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Our go-to restaurant in AC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been here several times and it never disappoints.
The food is interesting and different but always excellent. The mojitos are amazing -- must get one, or two, or three!
The atmosphere is fun and the prices are very reasonable for AC. Love this place!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Not going back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a drink on a Saturday night and we were not impressed. Bar area was not clean and we observed the bartender reusing mixing cups without cleaning them first. Drinks were expensive and not very strong.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Just Short of Five Stars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I dined at Cuba Libre last night, and had quite an enjoyable time! The tasting platters and appetizers were wonderful. And my grilled pineapple mojito may have been one of the more amazing things I have had to drink, ever. However, things fell short for my husband, which disappointed me. He ordered the Rum Punch drink, which honestly, was not so tasty. For his entree, he had the brisket, which was very very salty. The waitress did advise that both the brisket and the pulled pork would be salty, as they are marinated, each in their own concoction of spices, sauces etc. Salty is quite subjective. But this was salty. Plus a little chewy. Not the savory and melt-in-your-mouth type of meat you would expect for the prices they charge. I played in safe and had one of their appetizer salads as an entree, and that as well, was mediocre, at best. I have had better, that is certain. The dressing had a bitter after taste. Overall, though, we actually did have quite a nice time together. Really great atmosphere. Some greater starter plates etc. And plus, I had the best company ever, which I am sure assuaged the wheels falling off the wagon. Definitely worth a try. But The Palm downstairs knocks the socks off the food here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Dead and expensive.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recalled going to Cuba Libre a few years ago on a visit to the Trop so it was the place I decided to go when I wanted a drink on my arrival. $5 to get in to the club where there was about 10 people at midnight! Small $11 mojitos that I couldn't even take with me on my way to the casino! $32 in total for the two of us for a bad/small crowd and small drink was not worth it!

• Visited March 2013