“Excellent Rooms and Views!!” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersBronze level
new york
“Excellent Rooms and Views!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

We atayed at Skyline Towers August 16 to the 18th. We had a One Bedroom King Deluxe Suite with a HUGE Balcony and Excellent Ocean and Hotel Views on one of the higher floors of the Hotel. We had the same problems as the previos review - the Elevators are a Nightmare and the staff trying to sell you a timeshare is VERY annoying! Other then that we had no problems. The casinos and Boardwalk are all right there. I would recommend bringing your own towels, as their towels were not soft. And beware of the Whirlpool tubs, they are VERY noisy.

• Liked — Room size and Balcony!!!
  • Disliked — ELEVATORS!!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Budget your time to go places around the Elevators or you will be very frustrated!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

The hotel itself was very very nice! better than I expected by reading the other reviews. My room was excellent. There was a flat screen plasma T.V in the bedroom. Very clean, kitchen was fully stocked and the front desk personel was very welcoming. I do recommend the valet parking. Its $10 a day but so is all the other area parking lots. There was only a few things I would warn people of. #1 the elevator is very slow especially in the early afternoon during check ins and outs, so make your stops before or after then. Another is the persistancy of the staff to sell you a timeshare. I told them that I was not interested, be firm and dont smile because then they will try and try again. Other than that, I would stay again, again, and again

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

My husband,our three sons and I arrived on June 27th. for a two night stay (that was the only thing they had available) around 7pm. check in was busy. Other families were arriving as well. Stacy took care of me quickly (she wasn't so friendly) then she sent me to the guest desk where Lina was very friendly and helpful with area details (Wonderful younglady). There are three elevators but there was a long wait each time we used it. The room was well decorated very nice. We stood on the 28th floor (Beautiful view) We enjoyed the boardwalk alittle. We then decide to get a bit to eat not at the boardwalk the food there looks like its been sitting there for days. We decide to walk in the area. What a horrible place drug infested area. We went to a pizza shop that was in the guest directory (Fairfield Skyline Tower) There was a younglady strung out on drugs and her drug provider. The guy was called outside by another man who then handed him something not too discret either. It's not an area for family vacation. I didn't feel safe or comftable. Well we decided to go back to the room. We ate and watched some t.v. placed some family board games etc. Now, it's time for bed. While we were sleeping my husband and I kept feeling like something was bitting us. We checked and would you have guess it? We had company in our bed and sofabed yes you guess it BED BUGS! Unbelievable isn't it? So, we called the front desk and they sent the maintance guy up and he verified it. They upgraded our room at that time in the morning 4A.M. We were so tired but still couldn't sleep. Finally we feel asleep and had a very late start the next day. Would you believe that they did not even bother to find out how we were doing. Because of the bed bugs bites my husband got an allergic reaction to it and his face, neck, arm and hand swelled up. We had to call his doctor to find out what should we do. Well we went to the front desk and filed a complaint to the guest services manager. They didn't even bother us with no timeshare stuff. If you decide to stay here make sure there are no BED BUGS in your bed.

• Stayed June 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

I'll start off with the positive: the rooms are great. Clean, well-decorated, spacious, seem very new. On to the negatives. First of all, the elevator situation is ridiculous. There are 32 floors and only 3 elevators. We waited 15 minutes for an elevator, and one never came. We ended up having to walk down 21 flights of stairs, since we were in a rush. If you stay here, stay on one of the low floors, so you don't have to deal with the elevators. Checking-in is nearly impossible...long lines, no one seems to know what they're doing and the elevator wait was ridiculous. Secondly, I'm not sure why, but there's no daily maid service. I don't really mind not having my bed made every morning, and I suppose I'd rather be left alone, but we had to call down every time we needed fresh towels. I guess I just expect that stuff since I'm paying good money to be there.

The parking is also annoying. It's forced valet and $10/day. But, I guess that's par for the course in atlantic city, and is only a minor inconvenience.

Lastly, my main beef with this hotel is the timeshare pitches they're constantly harrassing you with. They called our room three times to make sure we knew we had a "welcome gift" waiting for us that was "VERY IMPORTANT" we pick up. Turns out, this was just a schedule of sales tours. One time, they called early in the morning when we were still asleep. When we didn't answer, they KEPT CALLING until we picked up. Each time they talked to us, we had to explain that we were not the member/owner of the suite, we were his guests. The same girl couldn't remember this and we had to explain it to her each time she called and asked for the owner, which made the phone calls annoyingly long (I had the exact same conversation with her three times). So FINALLY when we did succumb on our very last day, and decided to listen to the sales tour (only because they were offering us $60 each to do it), the people at the front desk refused to put off our check out time so we could listen to the tour. Check out was at 12, the tour was from 12-1. The front desk people were going to charge us $100 per HOUR for late check out. What?? They harrass us about taking a tour, but then make it impossible for us to do so? So, overall, the staff was completely inept.

I would stay here again, only for the quality of the rooms. I have nothing else to compare it to in Atlantic City, but you definitely want to check out other options before booking this hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

My husband and I went down to celebrate my 24th birthday/4th Wedding Anniversary and found out the following:

1. THE ROOM - The room was BEAUTIFUL! We got upgraded upon arrival (NO CHARGE) because my husband wanted a room facing the ocean. It was on the 29th floor so the view was amazing. The only complaint I have about this is that because the room was on the East side, the bedroom should have had "black-out" drapes, but they didn't! How can you have a room on the East side of the building with no "black-out" drapes??!!!

2. VALET/FRONT DESK - I have not one complaint about these services. I believe it was Kristie who checked us in and provided customer service above and beyond anything I've ever experienced at a hotel. My husband was a little cranky because it took us almost 5 hours to get there (we ran into major traffic) and she handled him like a pro. Kudos! There was also a gentleman by the name of Pat with the valet service who was very sweet and always had a smile on his face.

Here are my gripes:

After checking in, we were told to go to a desk in the corner of the lobby to finish checking in. We talked to a lady who said that she knew our stay there was going to be short and being that we were arriving late, she didn't want to take up too much of our time. She asked that we take a "survey" for about an hour the next day and they'd give us $50 cash. She said it was just to let them know how the hotel is doing and how are stay was going. My husband said to her "I hope this isn't a sales thing" and she said no, it's just a survey.

The following day, I went to the 6th floor as instructed and was told that my husband "needs" to be with me for this "survey" and that's when I realized it was a "sales" thing. I went back to my room and by the time I got there, my husband had already spoke with someone and was very upset that we were told it was a survey instead of a sales pitch.

The rest of our stay would have been GREAT and I would've given this review 5 stars if it weren't for the the man on the boardwalk and the five people inside the Resorts casino entrance trying to get us to sit down for the sales pitch. The people inside the Resorts casino and the guy on the boardwalk all worked for Fairfield Resorts and were so pushy it wasn't even funny. They all caught us five different times and by the 5th time, I thought my husband was gonna lose it.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Wyndham Skyline Tower? Share your experiences!