“Not worth your Wyndham points” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Queens, NY
“Not worth your Wyndham points”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I usually stay here with friends - one of whom is a Wyndham timeshare owner. I've stayed at other Wyndham time shares with this friend. This one is the worst one I stayed at.
Why is it the worst?
- Parking - it's $10 day with in/out privileges except it takes forever because it's valet and understaffed
- Elevators - only 3 small elevators for a tower with hundreds of large rooms; one elevator taken out of service during prime check-out hours for cleaning staff use; you can (and I have) spend an hour roundtrip waiting for elevators
- Area - it's set off a block from the boardwalk and right next to a rent-by-an hour motel (that you have to walk past to go to the boardwalk); best to walk in a group and only towards Resorts or the boardwalk; if you are gamble big, I would not carry your bankroll and walk there
- Clientele - a lot of bachelorette and bachelor parties book and stay here (just look at the reviews); probably because of the low rates and large rooms; the larger groups also contribute to the elevators being overwhelmed
- Sales presentation - I am not the owner, my friend is so he has to deal with this but I'd be annoyed because as an owner they try to get him to upgrade and honestly, given all the issues with this property - do you really think it's a good idea to push a higher investment in Wyndham here?
All that said, the rooms are up to the average Wyndham spec. Not the best and not the worst I don't think. The rooms are decent sized and the kitchen and living room are nice to relax in. But the elevators and parking really detract from this property.
I guess it depends on your perspective. It is great for a girls'/guys' weekend but not work if you're not looking for that type of thing.

Room Tip: Park your car in the Resorts parking structure across the street. It's $5 or $10 with a Resorts...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed here for a Bacheloretty party weekend. Although it isn't on the boardwalk and does not have a casino, this hotel met all of our needs. Because of the size of the rooms and how many people they slept, we only paid $62.00 per night. We took a cab to Revel which was $6 and only 1 minute. I know a lot of people said it is in a shady area, but it's directly across the street from Resorts. So if you stay there and go outside, your on the same street as the Wyndham.

The staff was okay. Nothing super great about them, but they did what they were supposed to do. I would definitely stay here again. It was very clean and close to everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a long weekend in the middle of December to use up our Wyndham points as we were Wyndham Discovery owners. Upon checking in, we were told that we could take a brief survey and get a gift card just for our input. I specifically told the person that we had inherited another timeshare and had no interest in sitting through a presentation. At that point we were told "this hotel doesn't have a sales team." That was a lie. We wasted nearly an hour listening to them tell us how the timeshare that we inherited wasn't good and that we needed to buy into Wyndham. Finally we got our gift card after dealing with the rudest "sales manager" ever! The property itself was mediocre. The gym was tiny and the equipment was aged. There were only 3 elevators for all the guests and hotel staff so the wait was very long at some points. The front desk staff was very nice, professional and accommodating. I would not stay at this hotel again though because of the way we were lied to and then talked down to by extremely pushy, unprofessional sales staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a "girls weekend" at the Wyndham Skyline Towers in Atlantic City this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by the property...the lobby was welcoming, well staffed and security was very adequate. The common areas are very well maintained, modern and clean. The pool area and other amenities are on the 6th floor and are also comfortable and well maintained. The units are VERY nice...comfortable beds, plush sofas and chairs and a very nice balcony. The units are also very large so the maximum capacity can easily co-exist in the space. Other reviewers have spoken about the location but Atlantic City is definitely a destination where you have to use common sense. The area surrounding the tourist area can be seedy, especially certain times of night. I walked to and fro the Resorts Casino which is less than a block away and I did not feel unsafe at all. The Skyline Towers is centrally located. My only complaint was the parking situation. You are charged per day, they only allow one car per unit and, its valet only. I came in from shopping, turned my car over to the valet and two hours later came downstairs to walk to the casino and my car was still in the same place I left it with the windows down and key in the ignition! I mentioned it and it was rectified immediately. (they said they didnt have enough SUV space.) The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Overall, this was a great getaway and I definitely plan to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved our rooms it was 7 girls for a weekend. The space had two bathrooms which was something we hadn't even thought of but would have been a huge problem without. We had a lovely person check us in the staff were beyond accomadating , in fact anything we requested we were given. The only problem was the elevators, which while only took the most ten min to get however, during the summer time would be impossible. I did however wish that we had a casino bar and or a resturant. I missed being able to go downstairs and being in the center of some type of action. This is the perfect place for a family stay durring the summer right next to the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed January 2013
Perry Hall, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

30 story tower in nothern part of AC about a block from the boardwalk. Near the Resorts and Taj Mahal Casinos. We had a high floor (20) with a good view looking north toward the lighthouse and Brigantine and out to the ocean. Tower is on the corner of Pacific Avenue and North Carolina. Pacific is very much the old AC with the big casinos a few blocks away. A few mom-and-pop type restaurants are within walking distance. Several securitry guards in the lobby at all times are friendly and welcoming. Valet parking in the building goes for $10/day with in and out privileges, not bad. Room was two bedroom unit with comfy beds but basic and not terribly comfortable furniture in the living area.

• Liked — Spacious unit
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable living room furniture
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice location. Right on the beach and very close to all the casinos. Rooms are nice sizes and they have everything you need. The employees are very friendly and the valet workers go above. Everything you need is on the pier, malls, casinos, souvenir shops, food shops. But in the winter it is kind of chilly so I would recommend going in the summer

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Wyndham Skyline Tower? Share your experiences!