“Wyndham Skyline Tower in AC, NJ” 4 of 5 stars

15% Off
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Perry Hall, Maryland
“Wyndham Skyline Tower in AC, NJ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

30 story tower in nothern part of AC about a block from the boardwalk. Near the Resorts and Taj Mahal Casinos. We had a high floor (20) with a good view looking north toward the lighthouse and Brigantine and out to the ocean. Tower is on the corner of Pacific Avenue and North Carolina. Pacific is very much the old AC with the big casinos a few blocks away. A few mom-and-pop type restaurants are within walking distance. Several securitry guards in the lobby at all times are friendly and welcoming. Valet parking in the building goes for $10/day with in and out privileges, not bad. Room was two bedroom unit with comfy beds but basic and not terribly comfortable furniture in the living area.

• Liked — Spacious unit
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable living room furniture
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice location. Right on the beach and very close to all the casinos. Rooms are nice sizes and they have everything you need. The employees are very friendly and the valet workers go above. Everything you need is on the pier, malls, casinos, souvenir shops, food shops. But in the winter it is kind of chilly so I would recommend going in the summer

• Stayed November 2012
Mass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I now understand why you drive 30 feet under the bld. to exit your car and pay $10 a day to valet park, plus tipping them $5 bucks every time you need your car, which in this location, you need your car. The scum bags that hang outside the lobby at night are dangerous and do carry guns. My husband is a former Navy man, and you don't have some scrawny little puke 1/2 his size walking up to you talking smack looking for a fight. Of course he had the rest of his gang within 50 feet of him. Mind you, we are literally under the awning of this hotel trying to get in. They have a "wanna be" security women who hides in the lobby, because lord knows if something goes down, she's just going to call the cops, she's not going to be of any use. After the hurricane the low life's come out of the woodwork, literally. Not a safe hotel to stay at. The rooms were beautiful, bed comfy, water pressure was impossible and was either freezing or scalding, no in-between. They leave some things for your convenience like popcorn, hot cocoa, coffee filters and some creams and toothpaste, which was nice.

My last complaint, but certainly not my least, was the rude Wyndham sales associate (if you can call him that, more like a rude arrogant employee that got the job because he knew someone) who badgered us to the point he was trying to make us appear to be idiots because we would not give in to their 1-2 hour presentation. We own a timeshare, a vacation home and our regular home. We don't care to have the headache of another property but this individual was just a legend in his own mind and appeared to like to hear himself talk. He must have surely thought we just fell off the turnip wagon. Well I suppose when that person can prove he owns more than I, then I might listen to him, but if his job is harassing people the way he did us, I don't think the suit he wears can hide the fact he probably does not have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of.

Room Tip: Stay close to the bottom because the place was empty and we still waited forever for the elevators a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Telford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a block from the boardwalk. The view from the upper floors is wonderful. It is a timeshare and you will be bugged to buy. Just say no...firmly. The elevator gets full and is slow. The rooms are great except for uncomfortable couches. Ten dollars per day for valet parking is a bit steep. It is close to Resorts, the Taj Mahal, and the Sands are all a block away. Lock your bike if you take one, mine was stolen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend celebrating my birthday with a few friends. I had originally gotten a one bedroom suite through a friend's travel agency for a really good price. I wanted a 2 bedroom, but at the time of booking there weren't any available. So we arrived on a Friday night, valet is $10 a day or $20 for the whole weekend, and you can take the car out as you please. The front desk also informed us that the hotel next door (Resort's) has parking for $5 a day but you cannot come and go as you please without paying. So we opted for the Wyndham parking. Check-in was smooth, and the valet attendent had mentioned that there was plenty of parking because the hotel was pretty empty (I'm assuming Sandy had something to do with that, this was a few weeks after). So I thought I would ask the front desk if by chance they have any 2 bedroom suites available. I was planning on having about 8-10 girls over, so I needed that extra space! The gentleman checked the computer and said he would be right back; and a few minutes later, he said that they could upgrade me to the 2 bedroom suite. I asked how much, and he said free!! So we got to stay in a beautiful 2 bedroom suite for the price I paid for the 1 bedroom. I was soo grateful. The suite was amazing, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a great view from the balcony. There was so much space, it was really perfect. And I loved having a big refrigator (needed that for our dranks ;) ) and the kitchen; it was like a little apartment. We didn't want to leave!

A few other reviews had mentioned that the elevators are very slow and suggested not getting a high room. But I wanted the view so I thought I'd take the chance. The elevators were fine! I never had to wait longer than 45 seconds. Maybe they fixed whatever problem there was after seeing the negative comments about them, but I had no problem. I would highly recommend getting a room with a view.

I didn't have to sit through a time share presentation. Probably because I am 23 and they assumed that I am not in the market to purchase (thank goodness for that.) The hotel has security in the front that is not at all overbearing. Just a little added protection I suppose. The hotel does give out bracelets that you are expected to wear I guess; but they weren't annoying about it. I certainly didn't have mine on the whole time.

I really believe that this hotel made my birthday weekend amazing. All my friends who came and stayed were comfortable and impressed. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I will definitely definitely be coming again and staying here.

Room Tip: Pick a high room!! The view is great and the elevators are super fast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this property on "hotels.com" not realizing it was a time share place. The location was great. The staff was very pleasant. The view from the room was beautiful. I did not appreciate the "Push" to attend their 90min. presentation to buy a time share. The woman was polite when we declined but very persistant in her "Sell." We finally had to just say, "No thank you, we are not interested." and walk away. Due to the fact that it was a time share, the room was like a small apartment and there was no daily room cleaning, etc. We were told we could call for clean towels at any time. It was a nice 3 day weekend, but if you stay there, be prepared for the time share "Sell."

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room for the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NATICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location for all types of vacations. We took are college kids with us and they enjoyed the days as much as the nights. The rooms were spacious in the resort and all had a balcony. The night sky with all of the casinos was lit up. The location is the best, steps from the beach, casinos, restaurants and shopping. Top notch resort. We will be heading there again with or with out the kids.

Room Tip: Any would be fine
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family