“Location great” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Telford
“Location great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a block from the boardwalk. The view from the upper floors is wonderful. It is a timeshare and you will be bugged to buy. Just say no...firmly. The elevator gets full and is slow. The rooms are great except for uncomfortable couches. Ten dollars per day for valet parking is a bit steep. It is close to Resorts, the Taj Mahal, and the Sands are all a block away. Lock your bike if you take one, mine was stolen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend celebrating my birthday with a few friends. I had originally gotten a one bedroom suite through a friend's travel agency for a really good price. I wanted a 2 bedroom, but at the time of booking there weren't any available. So we arrived on a Friday night, valet is $10 a day or $20 for the whole weekend, and you can take the car out as you please. The front desk also informed us that the hotel next door (Resort's) has parking for $5 a day but you cannot come and go as you please without paying. So we opted for the Wyndham parking. Check-in was smooth, and the valet attendent had mentioned that there was plenty of parking because the hotel was pretty empty (I'm assuming Sandy had something to do with that, this was a few weeks after). So I thought I would ask the front desk if by chance they have any 2 bedroom suites available. I was planning on having about 8-10 girls over, so I needed that extra space! The gentleman checked the computer and said he would be right back; and a few minutes later, he said that they could upgrade me to the 2 bedroom suite. I asked how much, and he said free!! So we got to stay in a beautiful 2 bedroom suite for the price I paid for the 1 bedroom. I was soo grateful. The suite was amazing, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a great view from the balcony. There was so much space, it was really perfect. And I loved having a big refrigator (needed that for our dranks ;) ) and the kitchen; it was like a little apartment. We didn't want to leave!

A few other reviews had mentioned that the elevators are very slow and suggested not getting a high room. But I wanted the view so I thought I'd take the chance. The elevators were fine! I never had to wait longer than 45 seconds. Maybe they fixed whatever problem there was after seeing the negative comments about them, but I had no problem. I would highly recommend getting a room with a view.

I didn't have to sit through a time share presentation. Probably because I am 23 and they assumed that I am not in the market to purchase (thank goodness for that.) The hotel has security in the front that is not at all overbearing. Just a little added protection I suppose. The hotel does give out bracelets that you are expected to wear I guess; but they weren't annoying about it. I certainly didn't have mine on the whole time.

I really believe that this hotel made my birthday weekend amazing. All my friends who came and stayed were comfortable and impressed. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I will definitely definitely be coming again and staying here.

Room Tip: Pick a high room!! The view is great and the elevators are super fast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this property on "hotels.com" not realizing it was a time share place. The location was great. The staff was very pleasant. The view from the room was beautiful. I did not appreciate the "Push" to attend their 90min. presentation to buy a time share. The woman was polite when we declined but very persistant in her "Sell." We finally had to just say, "No thank you, we are not interested." and walk away. Due to the fact that it was a time share, the room was like a small apartment and there was no daily room cleaning, etc. We were told we could call for clean towels at any time. It was a nice 3 day weekend, but if you stay there, be prepared for the time share "Sell."

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room for the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NATICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location for all types of vacations. We took are college kids with us and they enjoyed the days as much as the nights. The rooms were spacious in the resort and all had a balcony. The night sky with all of the casinos was lit up. The location is the best, steps from the beach, casinos, restaurants and shopping. Top notch resort. We will be heading there again with or with out the kids.

Room Tip: Any would be fine
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for something close to the Convention hotel and this was perfect. The walk along the boardwalk was about 1/2 mile. The seven day one-bedroom stay was very comfortable. The room was clean. It contains a stove top, dishwasher, and ful size refrigerator. I used the blender and coffee maker but did not cook very much. The assistant was great. Check in was seamless. She made sure I had a room with a view. It also had two flat screen TVs so I could watch Investigation Discovery and Sy Fy! I was extremely tired when I arrived and the bedding was perfect. You would think someone in the military made that bed. Chop! Chop! It also had a balcony to enjoy the view which was nice. I did not use the business center, pool, or activities center but they were available and guests seemed to use with ease. I AM a Wyndham owner but booked this through RCI and was very pleased. The only negative was it appeared that the dishwasher did not work. I didn't check until my last day so the housekeeper got stuck with washing dishes. The laundry room was free. You are provided with laundry detergent but you had to buy dryer sheets for $1. Not a problem for me at all. Oh! I also went to the ice cream social, paid $5 and had ice cream for two days! If you're into dining out, you will have to walk to the casinos to eat. There is a bar and grill within a block but no carryout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I attempted to book a room at this resort for an upcoming trip to Atlantic City with family for New Year's. Bad decision!!! They did not make it clear during the call that they would immediately charge my credit card and take $980 from my checking account. If that was clear, I would have held off on the reservation or used a different credit card. Now my account is overdrawn and they will not return my money for seven days. When I attempted to contact them about this, not necessarily wanting to cancel the reservation but to have the charges removed or maybe just moved to a different card, I was treated very very badly and yelled at by Jason (supposed supervisor at Extra Holidays by Wyndham). I am also writing letters to their CEOs Stephen Holmes and Eric Danzinger and will also call their offices repeatedly until I receive proper resolution of this situation. This is my first time dealing with Wyndham and it has left me with a very bad taste. I will never do business with them again and would not recommend them for anyone else either!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This timeshare is awful. The staff are incredibly pushy – more so then any other Wyndham property. The elevators are awful – not enough to accommodate the building so you are often waiting for 15+ minutes during peak times. The units are uncomfortable – furniture more for décor then actually sitting. The activities are just laughable – the fitness one consisted of a woman putting on a VHS tape from the 1970’s or 80’s, which was a complete waste of time.

The pool is small, and dirty – and mostly overcrowded with children (an adult time would be advisable) and there is a limited amount of fitness equipment. It’s also not a great location as you wouldn’t want to be out walking after dark.

Avoid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Skyline Tower? Share your experiences!