“Great location for the ocean and boogy boarding, great night life too.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Skyline Tower

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersBronze level
NATICK
“Great location for the ocean and boogy boarding, great night life too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location for all types of vacations. We took are college kids with us and they enjoyed the days as much as the nights. The rooms were spacious in the resort and all had a balcony. The night sky with all of the casinos was lit up. The location is the best, steps from the beach, casinos, restaurants and shopping. Top notch resort. We will be heading there again with or with out the kids.

Room Tip: Any would be fine
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for something close to the Convention hotel and this was perfect. The walk along the boardwalk was about 1/2 mile. The seven day one-bedroom stay was very comfortable. The room was clean. It contains a stove top, dishwasher, and ful size refrigerator. I used the blender and coffee maker but did not cook very much. The assistant was great. Check in was seamless. She made sure I had a room with a view. It also had two flat screen TVs so I could watch Investigation Discovery and Sy Fy! I was extremely tired when I arrived and the bedding was perfect. You would think someone in the military made that bed. Chop! Chop! It also had a balcony to enjoy the view which was nice. I did not use the business center, pool, or activities center but they were available and guests seemed to use with ease. I AM a Wyndham owner but booked this through RCI and was very pleased. The only negative was it appeared that the dishwasher did not work. I didn't check until my last day so the housekeeper got stuck with washing dishes. The laundry room was free. You are provided with laundry detergent but you had to buy dryer sheets for $1. Not a problem for me at all. Oh! I also went to the ice cream social, paid $5 and had ice cream for two days! If you're into dining out, you will have to walk to the casinos to eat. There is a bar and grill within a block but no carryout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I attempted to book a room at this resort for an upcoming trip to Atlantic City with family for New Year's. Bad decision!!! They did not make it clear during the call that they would immediately charge my credit card and take $980 from my checking account. If that was clear, I would have held off on the reservation or used a different credit card. Now my account is overdrawn and they will not return my money for seven days. When I attempted to contact them about this, not necessarily wanting to cancel the reservation but to have the charges removed or maybe just moved to a different card, I was treated very very badly and yelled at by Jason (supposed supervisor at Extra Holidays by Wyndham). I am also writing letters to their CEOs Stephen Holmes and Eric Danzinger and will also call their offices repeatedly until I receive proper resolution of this situation. This is my first time dealing with Wyndham and it has left me with a very bad taste. I will never do business with them again and would not recommend them for anyone else either!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This timeshare is awful. The staff are incredibly pushy – more so then any other Wyndham property. The elevators are awful – not enough to accommodate the building so you are often waiting for 15+ minutes during peak times. The units are uncomfortable – furniture more for décor then actually sitting. The activities are just laughable – the fitness one consisted of a woman putting on a VHS tape from the 1970’s or 80’s, which was a complete waste of time.

The pool is small, and dirty – and mostly overcrowded with children (an adult time would be advisable) and there is a limited amount of fitness equipment. It’s also not a great location as you wouldn’t want to be out walking after dark.

Avoid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a three night stay in mid October. I was very impressed with the place overall. I wasn't thrilled that we had to pay for parking, and that there was no self park. But since 6 of us had travelled in a mini van, I guess we got our money's worth. Check in was fine. Even though two couples in our group seemed to have been given the wrong departure date, the staff was courteous and professional about clearing up the error. The rooms were very nice - can't complain at all. Wi-fi seemed a little slow, but I am not sure how much of that was my laptop, which I only use on my occcasional vacations. I do have to mention the 'sales pitch" as a big negative. First, you are required to meet with Member Services right after check in , to get your wrtist bands. Then they tell you that Wydnham just wants feedback, and they offer you money to take a survey. Now, I am not naive - I knew there was going to be a pitch, but figured I would listen to what they had to say. The guy told us the each of us (3 couples) could have 9:00 am appointments. But as we did the paperwork, two couples ended up with 9:30 times, and we got a 10:00 appointment. At about 9:45 the next morning, we went to Member Services, hoping to get a jump on it (so we wouldn't hold our friends up with our plans for the day) and we were told our appointment was at 10:30! They told us to have a seat, and to their credit, we only waited a little past 10:00 before we got started. The guy (Adam, I think) was nice, and a little young. He walked us through a lot of standard stuff, about what we like to do on vacation, etc. Then, out of the blue, a manager lady (Connie) came over and interrupted. From there, it was pretty much down hill. We tried to be polite. Adam kept trying to change our minds. Connie kept interrupting. At one point, when we insisted we weren't interested, Adam, sounding a little nasty, said, "Well, why did you come here then?" We finally got to leave (and we did get our promised compensation) but it was not pleasant. Why can't they just present their case, and let the customer decide? Anyway, that was the only negative of our stay. The hotel itself, and the rooms, were great!

Room Tip: Great views from higher floors. We didn't have any elevator problems.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We are Wyndham owners. The unit was nice, well appointed and clean. There needs to be more light in the kitchen, I would suggest under the cabinets, it was dim when you were cooking. I missed the washer/dryer in the unit but there was a free laundry room on 6th floor...better than not having a washer/dryer at all! Staff was courteous and polite. Elevators need to cleaned more, almost everytime we were on one the floor was dirty. Seems to be alot of security and seeing the surrounding area, it is warranted and welcomed. They supply you with a wristband that you should wear so security knows you are not an intruder. Good system, but we did not know about the wristband until a good 12 hours after we checked in and no security personnel challenged that I did not have a wristband on. So, I guess it is a good thing I was a registered guest and not an intruder. One thing I wish Wyndham would STOP doing....PESTERING guests to attend sales meetings....meetings to give feedback....etc. I don't care how much you want to pay me, I am vacation and do not want to bothered by this intrusion on my time. They are RELENTLESS. And, after being a Wyndham owner for the past 4 years, you do not want us in a sales meeting so other potential buyers will hear the downside of Wyndham. Oh...the things they do not tell you...the things you find out, the hidden fees, the disappointments.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a Timeshare, so there is no daily maid service but whenever we requested new towels or paper products housekeeping was polite and quick in their response. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the 17th floor; the view is great, We did not have a problem with elevators as other reviewers did. The pool was clean and wonderful; especially when the roof was retracted. If you want sun there is a nice sun deck with outdoor hot tub. The valet service was courteous and super convenient and housekeeping and recreation staff were friendly and polite. We've stayed in timeshares all over the country and this was one of the nicest in terms of being updated and clean.

Room Tip: Pool is on the 6th floor....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Skyline Tower? Share your experiences!