“Pricey but good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Pricey but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A little pricey but food very tasteful and great staff. Very nice ora and ambiance. When arrived was seated rather quickly and shortly after waiter arrived

Visited June 2013

72% Recommend
New York
“Terrific Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Steak came out sizzling hot and tasty. Really surprised since not really a reputable name. However, you would think they pour the beer in the glass for you considering this is an upscale place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Always pleased with the food and the service at The Steakhouse. Bring your bank account along though, this is a very expensive dinner!. We both had steak (of course) and is was phenomenal. However, they took a mulligan at cooking it to our request. Both of us had ordered our steaks rare and when they came out, they were both medium-well. I guess the chef had a brain fart. But the wait staff and manager took care of it right away. They even brought us all new sides with the new steaks. This time, they got the steaks right and they were delicious. After one bite, we had amnesia about the medium-well steaks!

The wasabi mshed potatoes were AWESOME!! I would absolutely reccomend this place for special occasion but as I said bring your wallet, it is not for the cheap of heart! (1 appetizer, 2 dinner entres and 2 sides was $200.00 before drinks!)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“When spending $$$$ I expect a higher level of service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

While staying at Harrah's Atlantic City for business, I stopped in the Steakhouse for dinner. As I was alone, I first sat at the small Raw bar in the front of the restaurant. All the bar seats were taken, so I sat at a bar table along the front. I waited 10 minutes and no one approached. I finally caught the eye of the bartender who asked if she could get me anything. i asked if I could see a menu, and she her reply was "it's easier for me, if you come stand at the bar and order". At which time I decided I would eat in the restaurant after all. They make a great show of service in the restaurant with supercilious staff darting in and dropping bread and water very quickly. My waiter didn't know what brands of Vodka they had, however, so I had to give him two choices after he tried to tell me the one I wanted wasn't available. ( it was on the menu and it was available after all). I was ready to order after placing my drink order, but without a second glance, after taking my alternate drinks order, he walked away as I was in mid sentence. My meal arrived and was very good, but while I still had food on my plate, one of the imperious servers whisked it off the table. I had to call him back in order that I might finish my meal. After I signed my credit card receipt, I noticed that the waiter charged me $2 more for the drink than it listed in the menu. Of course he never made an appearance again for me to try to get my money back.. So after 10 minutes I gave up and took it out of his tip... I won't be back...

Visited May 2013
Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Great food, lousy ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dined here during restaurant week. The steak was the best I have ever had (and I have been to many steak houses). The cheesecake was excellent. The creme brule was runny, so this was a disappointment. Excellent Ceasar salad. Creme brule aside, the food was excellent. What lacked was service and ambiance. Granted, we had a table right inside the front door on the way to the kitchen, it was a great spot for people watching but not for a romantic dinner. One of our servers, because they send two to your table so they keep coming (mostly when you don't want them), should have been serving burgers at Cheeburger Cheeburger, and our busser had an attitude that was pretty unbelievable. Despite the great food, at prices like this, they need to seriously step up their server staff. The brash service basically ruined our night out.

• Visited March 2013