“Needless to say, Great steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Needless to say, Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Aside from only being offered only one bun from a tray of bread a server holds, dining at The Homestead is a treat. Expect to pay handsomely for the treat. I've only ordered steaks for the entree here, usually the petite filet mignon which is usually cooked to perfection. The spinach side dish is a good choice as well as the generous (big enough to share) cheesecake (rich and heavy) for dessert. Not the place for a romantic evening, as it is crowded and busy, but a good dining value when you have a bit more cash to splurge with. Service is usually good. Seating is fast, even without a reservation each time we've gone.

• Visited October 2012

Barrington, RI
“Shrimp as big as they come”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Really like the food here. The shrimp and clams were outstanding and the salad they give you was enough to feed four. I had the Filet which was delicious and the desserts were very good. The Crème Brule and the chocolate cake were my favorites. Nice atmosphere too.

Visited June 2013
Oreland, Pennsylvania
“Prime All The Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a dinner! First of all the tables are big and you are not on top of your neighbor! Our wait staff (Michael & Oscar) came over right away to introduce themselves, a very nice touch. The food was excellent. Our party of 4 all had appetizers & entrees and we all had something different. There were no complaints at our table. The restaurant is pricey, typical steak house
prices but we felt it was well worth it. The service, the food, the setting. All made for a great dinner. Hope to return soon!!

Garnet Valley, Pa
“Don't go at peak times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a reservation for 6:30 pm on a Saturday night, when we arrived they told us with our reservation we would need to wait 25 minutes before we could be seated (what is the point of making a reservation), while they continued to seat all the high rollers than came in after us. The guy at the front desk seemed obviously overwhelmed. The food was good, the portions are huge, we tried the Caeser salad for an app, it was huge, but a great salad. For being as busy as they were, surprisingly the service was good. We had refills on drinks when needed, one person in our party of six received the wrong meal, the steak was overcooked for another, and another person in our party hated the salmon. Needless, to say stick with the steak. It was expensive, if not overpriced for a party of six with some sides, one salad app, two people out of six had salads as their main meals, three desserts, and a round of drinks the meal was $560. The dessert was good, get the cookie sundae you won't be disappointed.

Chicago
“Good food but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really wanted a good steak. I was going to go to Bobby Flay's (also in the Borgata) but there were some questionable reviews there. Sometimes you can read through the negative ones when people are just pissed or whatever. That said, I thought the service was very good and attentive at least for me. Drinks were very expensive. I ordered a margharita on the rocks. Well you can says rocks alright. It was $11 and I was able to muster maybe 3 sips out of it and they used Cuervo...really? I had the garbage or kitchen sink salad and that was great. No complaints there. I ordered the bone in ribeye. It is big and it is $54 bucks. No issue with the price but it tasted a little bland (needed a little more salt) and it was over cooked. I asked for medium rare and it was medium well at best. The only discernible pink was a little sliver of a line along the bone. It tasted good and I was starving (had not eaten all day) so the idea of sending it back to wait for a more rare steak didnt fly at the time. Not being snoob but they took a nice steak and really over cooked it. Just to be fair, I would characterize a medum cooked steak as having pink with some shades of grey...almost a 60/40 pink to grey color. This was 10/90 pink to grey and the pink was so faint.

That said, for $130 bucks for the steak, a salad, a margharita and a glass of wine, seemed a bit much. I would go back and next time verify how they characterize the doneness of the steaks.

1 Thank timmp