“A Fair unbiased review” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Venice, Florida, United States
“A Fair unbiased review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lets get the really good stuff out of the way early. The house salad is as good or better than you will get ANY WHERE ELSE. I had the veal parmesian. Never had better and we have been to Venice, Milan and Rome. The spinach with garlic is excellent. As long as you like garlic, which I do. Desserts and cappuccino can't be beat. Service, I must admit is as good as, or better than we have ever had EVER. SERIOUSLY, BEST EVER. Here's my problem, snooty arrogance, subtly nuanced by the fact that they do not accept credit cards and are unwilling to separate checks for two couples. Many have complained they do not answer the phone, so reservations are " impossible" to get. We were there because friends had made reservations on there last visit knowing we would be visiting them.
Tip if you get there".....Eat in the basement, but not by the kitchen door or in front of the air conditioner. DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR WINE (BYO) AND YOUR FAVORITE AFTER DINNER DRINK. I RECOMMEND ANASETTE(sp)OR LEMONCELLO.
Simply the best.

Visited July 2013

“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Chef Vola's 3 times now and it is by far my favorite restaurant ever! Dominick is awesome. Great service and great food. My wife and I get the chicken cutlet ariabatta (not sure how to spell it) but it is amazing. Chicken cutlet with a spicy red sauce and pepperoni and potatoes. For dessert we got my favorite butterscotch ricotta cheesecake and my wife tried the peach walnut ricotta cheesecake. This may be my new favorite. It was awesome. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Orange, New Jersey
“Great food, great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This family owned restaurant has not disappointed us in 30 years. The food is excellent every time!! Seating is very tight and sometimes noisy but the food is so good that the atmosphere never gets in the way.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Mass
“The food is sooooo good and waitstaff professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

the food is to die for!!! the only negative part is there were only two seating's ...one around 5 and the other around 9:30......by the time we finished was quite late.....the other issue is the seating arrangements are very cramped which was fine because I was with twenty close friends.....
can bring your own alcoholic beverages which we did!

will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pennsylvania
“Fun Time - So So Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Although we found our entrees to be good but not fabulous, the Chef Vola's dining experience was fun. The restaurant is in a basement and seating is a little tight but we were comfortable and did not mind at all - just part of the experience. There were mirrors in the basement room in which we were seated; these are probably intended to give a more open feel to the room and they did. Our waiter was terrific and said numerous times throughout his description of the specials and menu items: "or you could have it like this or wrapped in that..." We were a party of two and split an appetizer and a pasta dish; both were excellent, as is the bread. We had the filet mignon and the crab cake/shrimp entrees, which were decent but did not make us want to rush back as soon as we can to eat there again. Unfortunately, we were too full to order desert and it seems we may have missed out according to other reviews. The atmosphere was definitely unique and fun so I would recommend giving Chef Vola's a try - at least once.

• Visited June 2013