“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kansas
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Atlantic City Bar and Grill is off of the boardwalk, but within easy walking distance of many hotels. Because it was close, we visited a couple of times. The first time, I ordered a seafood pizza and it was terrible. However, I also had the lobster bisque soup and it was fantastic. My husband ordered a whole lobster and had definitely had better. The next time we went, I ordered a soft shell crab sandwich and it was pretty good. My mom and sister were both sick the day after their visits. Don't know if it was the food or not, but just be careful. Overall, I felt the food was overpriced and the atmosphere and service were just okay. If it was convenient, I might go back but would never go out of my way to visit again.

State College, Pennsylvania
“A return visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This restaurant is across the street from our hotel. It's still a friendly family restaurant/bar with good service. Compared to our visit in 2012, the food is good, but not quite at the top level we experienced then. Still, my husband had a very good steak and potato with soggy broccoli. My linguini with clams was good, not great. The music was blaring from the bar side and it was a little hard to hear. But we would still recommend eating at ACB&G for lunch or dinner. We have found many hidden gems at locally owned restaurants, and this one is still worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because we were going to a show at the Borgata and couldn't get reservations for one of those restaurants early enough before the show. It was great. My husband got a huge whole lobster, for $25, I got the snow crabs for $19. There were about 4-5 clusters! Staff was friendly, restaurant was clean, restrooms were clean. Saved a lot of money, and had a terrific meal. We got a cab right out front for the Borgata, couldn't have been easier! We would definitely go again.

West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Nice Rose in a Thorn Bush”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

You wouldn't believe how bad the area is. However, staying right across the street, it was convenient to eat at each night. I feel badly for this place, because the employees and establishment deserve to be in a better area.

Pros
-Food is good. Not sure where you can get that quality without going into one of the casino's higher end restaurants.
-Staff was awesome. I was there for a few nights on business and they went out of their way to get to know me.
-Price is reasonable for the quality of food they offer.

Cons
-Bad area
-The guys at the door, on both nights, were so abrasive. They were actually rude. This REALLY turned me off. I understand they need to be strict on who to allow in, due to the awful surrounding area. However, you can clearly tell when you look at me, that I don't exactly pose a risk. Also, they could be nicer about it. The sad thing is, based on the pictures on the wall, one of them may have been the owners? HUGE turn off. With all of this said, if you are in the Courtyard across the street, you can't do any better.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Reasonable Price,Incredible Service, Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped in hear while staying on vacation in Atlantic City. Were greeted at door and had door opened for us. Very friendly waitress and owner. Wife and I loved the atmosphere. Had a few beers while watching US soccer team in world cup. We ordered soft shell crab sandwich. It was so delicious I want to return to AC for the soul purpose of returning to The Atlantic City bar and Grill. This is a must stop place!

• Visited June 2014