“Good pizza, great price” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 351 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Pizza
Leanordtown, MD
“Good pizza, great price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Having grown up in New Jersey and visiting AC every month or so, I am always trying to get that perfect pizza like I grew up with. First, you must recognize that pizza is largely a matter of taste based on what you grew up with. I grew up with very thin, very cheesy pizza that drips whey you try to eat it. I am used to huge pies at a good price, with one topping maximum. Although I am OK with deep dish and other styles, nothing beats a Jersey Pizza. This pizza stacks up in the middle of the road for Jersey Pizza. It is in the basic style, but the crust is not quite thin enough and it is definitely not cheesy enough for my taste. Good, not great. The search goes on. The price was very good. We go three large cheese pies and a large Italian sub for under $40. The Italian sub was better than average. Bread was good, stuffed with meat. It was huge. The large is basically two subs. Although they have a couple of small tables, this is not a place to sit down and eat. Also be aware that while it is near casinos on Atlantic, it is not the best area. We saw a few homeless people and one of them banged on our car window while I was in picking up the pizza.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Fabulous Cheesesteaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

You must try these cheesesteaks!! Simply amazing & generous amount of meat & extras. Very impressed with Chelsea Pizza II, friendly atmosphere & the best cheesesteaks around. Sorry I missed out all of the years but I will definitely be going back. The best part is they are open late thursday -Sunday - 4am friday saturday until 6 am. Makes it the perfect stop after a late night in Atlantic City. The owner works late & offers personalized service, making your order to perfection! I couldn't be happier. Try it! you won't be disappointed. They are famous for their pizza so that is a win, win too.

• Visited April 2013