“Best Sandwiches in AC” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
New York
“Best Sandwiches in AC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I come here every time we are in AC. They make really good cheesesteaks. I recently became a vegetarian so the sandwich I get now is peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese on a hero. Very good! The wait can get very long. We try to go very early for lunch or take it to go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“I'm a local. Been coming here since 1972! Still the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Used to come here with my father in the early 70s when he dated the diving horse lady. I'm a local now and its still the best. Philly has nada on AC

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, NJ
“It's a real sub, not a hoagie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Originally from North Jersey and now residing in South Jersey outside of Philly, I miss real subs. These are sandwiches filled with meat and not lettuce. White House Sub Shop is a true sub. We ordered Italian and Turkey subs to go. Both were nicely filled with meat with the right amount of lettuce, tomatoes and onions. The meats were fresh and tasty and the roll was not too soft and not too hard.

The restaurant itself is tiny. Maybe eight booths in the place. Waiting to order for take out has a line up and down the isle which makes sitting at the booths uncomfortable. The ticket machine is in the back of the restaurant and when crowded (as it always is) is difficult to reach and then there really isn't much room to wait. There has to be a better way.

Overall, I would recommend calling in your order and just picking it up and leaving. Bring cash, they don't accept credit cards.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Complete Garbage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Where to start. We ordered four different subs which were all absolutely terrible. The cheesesteak, steak-ums style frozen meat, NO SEASONING, absolutely zero flavor. The Chicken Cheesesteak, it was STEAK-UMs style weird sliced CHICKEN that was ridiculously disgusting, also NO SEASONING, flavorless garbage. The italian sub wasnt as gross as the cheesesteaks, but mediocre at best. The meatball sandwhich was the best one we ordered, and by no means do i mean the best meatball sandwhich, the meat was at least seasoned, but still I dont get all the hype about it. This place is an absolute tourist trap that took an HOUR AND HALF to get, what a disappointment. Maybe this is cause im comparing it to food Ive had in New York City. Ms_Dragons comments have it right.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to grab a sandwich on your way in or out of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Convenient to the AC expressway, this is good place to grab a sub or a cheesesteak. I had a two o'clock appointment in AC and drove by on my way in but there was a line running outside the door. So I circled back around 4:00 and got the house specialty--the Italian Sub. I was hungry and it was good, but not "one of my top ten sub/hoagies of all time" good. The cheesesteaks looked and smelled like they may have been awesome, so I might try one next time I am passing through. Certainly a better option than one of the travel plazas along the expressway. For takeaway you order in the back, and pay in the front. I was famished and a "half" sandwich was more than enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere