“Worth a return trip to AC” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Knife & Fork Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 351 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Albany Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Worth a return trip to AC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wow. This place should be ranked higher. The food, wine, Parisian bistro ambiance, and service were all spectacular. I had the prix fixe and everything was perfect. I haven't had that good a filet in a long time. My only regret is that I truly had no room for desert.
I would return to AC just to go to the Knife & Fork again.
Forget those NYC interlopers and go to a real Atlantic City institution.

Visited May 2013

New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely amazing, from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently celebrated my girlfriends birthday here. From start to finish, it was an absolute amazing experience. The building itself gives off an ambience of old fashioned charm. The hostesses were pleasant, and sat us half hour before out reservation. Layout and décor of the restaurant is fine dining mixed with old fashioned charm.

Big thanks and props go out to our server, Omar. He was very knowledgeable right from the get go. I am not a fine wine expert, and he really knew his stuff with the wine list, and what paired well with what we were thinking of getting. Was never to pushy as far as expensive bottles went, and listened attentively to what we asked.

Our meal started with a fine bowl of French onion soup, followed by a sirloin steak for my girl, and seafood bucatini for myself. Hats off to the chef for a fine meal! The salmon on my pasta was to die for, and the sirloin barely had to be cut with a knife! We didn't have any room for dessert, but....

Omar surprised my girlfriend with a dessert, with handwritten "Happy Birthday" in chocolate on the plate! Absolutely delicious dessert, and it was on the house! (not sure what is was, some type of pastry)

As stated above, from start to finish it was excellent, and well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Never again-Rude Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have been there before and was very satisfied. The four of us arrived and requested the hostesses to seat us at a table in the bar area near the windows. We always enjoy sitting there. We were seated enjoying our cocktails and discussing choices on the menu comfortably and were in the process of ordering and was TOLD by the hostess we had to move inside to another table. We asked why and was not given any answer. We asked to see the manager who was very CURT and Rude and could not give an answer except she needed our table. It was getting late and we were very hungry and my wife and the other couple did not want to cause a scene so we moved.
I will never go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Best Birthday Dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can not even begin to tell you what a great choice this was to celebrate my birthday.
The food was great, our server Heidi was energetic and attentive and the ambiance was warm and inviting. We never felt rushed and we enjoyed a nice leisurely dinner.

We started with the fried calamari as an appetizer. It was crispy and tender.
They came around with a basket of three different rolls and they were all delicious.
Next we shared a warm spinach salad with panchetta and goat cheese. Also a great choice.
For our entrees we chose the short ribs and the rib eye with long hot peppers. They we both cooked to perfection and exceeded our expectations.
We declined dessert as we were stuffed and we ordered a cappuccino and coffee.
I was totally suprised when they presented me with a to die for chocolate dessert.
The Knife & Fork truly made my birthday a truly unforgettable experience.
We will certainly return again and again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lived up to its reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We purposely picked a longstanding restaurant with history over an overly commercial celebrity-chef-backed place. The Knife and Fork Inn definitely has its own charm. We knew it when we walked in and saw the decorative ceiling and the turned stairway in front of us. We had a 6:30 reservation and got a nice table with no neighbors, although the place was packed by the time we left. The food was savory. I had the yummy duck appetizer and the lamb for dinner. I did have to send the lamb back because it was rare (I'd requested medium), and when they brought it back, the meat was cooked perfectly but it was placed over cold mashed potatoes. And that is really the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars, but honestly that was minor and I would still encourage you to try it. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013