“Absolutely amazing, from start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 337 restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Albany Avenue
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely amazing, from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently celebrated my girlfriends birthday here. From start to finish, it was an absolute amazing experience. The building itself gives off an ambience of old fashioned charm. The hostesses were pleasant, and sat us half hour before out reservation. Layout and décor of the restaurant is fine dining mixed with old fashioned charm.

Big thanks and props go out to our server, Omar. He was very knowledgeable right from the get go. I am not a fine wine expert, and he really knew his stuff with the wine list, and what paired well with what we were thinking of getting. Was never to pushy as far as expensive bottles went, and listened attentively to what we asked.

Our meal started with a fine bowl of French onion soup, followed by a sirloin steak for my girl, and seafood bucatini for myself. Hats off to the chef for a fine meal! The salmon on my pasta was to die for, and the sirloin barely had to be cut with a knife! We didn't have any room for dessert, but....

Omar surprised my girlfriend with a dessert, with handwritten "Happy Birthday" in chocolate on the plate! Absolutely delicious dessert, and it was on the house! (not sure what is was, some type of pastry)

As stated above, from start to finish it was excellent, and well worth it.

• Visited June 2013

84% Recommend
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Never again-Rude Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Have been there before and was very satisfied. The four of us arrived and requested the hostesses to seat us at a table in the bar area near the windows. We always enjoy sitting there. We were seated enjoying our cocktails and discussing choices on the menu comfortably and were in the process of ordering and was TOLD by the hostess we had to move inside to another table. We asked why and was not given any answer. We asked to see the manager who was very CURT and Rude and could not give an answer except she needed our table. It was getting late and we were very hungry and my wife and the other couple did not want to cause a scene so we moved.
I will never go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Best Birthday Dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can not even begin to tell you what a great choice this was to celebrate my birthday.
The food was great, our server Heidi was energetic and attentive and the ambiance was warm and inviting. We never felt rushed and we enjoyed a nice leisurely dinner.

We started with the fried calamari as an appetizer. It was crispy and tender.
They came around with a basket of three different rolls and they were all delicious.
Next we shared a warm spinach salad with panchetta and goat cheese. Also a great choice.
For our entrees we chose the short ribs and the rib eye with long hot peppers. They we both cooked to perfection and exceeded our expectations.
We declined dessert as we were stuffed and we ordered a cappuccino and coffee.
I was totally suprised when they presented me with a to die for chocolate dessert.
The Knife & Fork truly made my birthday a truly unforgettable experience.
We will certainly return again and again.

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lived up to its reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We purposely picked a longstanding restaurant with history over an overly commercial celebrity-chef-backed place. The Knife and Fork Inn definitely has its own charm. We knew it when we walked in and saw the decorative ceiling and the turned stairway in front of us. We had a 6:30 reservation and got a nice table with no neighbors, although the place was packed by the time we left. The food was savory. I had the yummy duck appetizer and the lamb for dinner. I did have to send the lamb back because it was rare (I'd requested medium), and when they brought it back, the meat was cooked perfectly but it was placed over cold mashed potatoes. And that is really the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars, but honestly that was minor and I would still encourage you to try it. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harleysville, PA
“Outstanding!!! (5 star review from our 1st, but hopefully not last, visit)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I LOVED the Knife & Fork Inn, we’ll definitely return if we ever have the occasion to. Honestly it was one of the best restaurant meals that I’ve had in years (and we dine out virtually every Saturday night). The service was excellent, and our entrees were perfection! I liked the charm of the place too. Lots of colorful history there!

Typically when a server offers to “give a tour of the menu” I nod politely and then order whatever I’d planned to in the first place. However, our K&F waiter (Todd) gave us some really good insights/ideas, so I actually did change my mind and he did not lead me astray! I ordered the “K&F Inn Dinner” which consisted of soup, very tasty Tomato/Mozzarella Caprese salad, and an entree “sampler” of a 1 pound Lobster Thermidor and 6 oz. filet mignon. OMG they were fantastic!!!! Probably the best bernaise sauce I’ve ever had too. My husband enjoyed the French Onion soup, Caesar salad, and Filet Mignon with au poivre sauce, and his was outstanding too. He has a long history of having to send steaks back because they were not cooked properly, but no such problem on Saturday night. The Knife & Fork Inn was truly outstanding all the way around.

For a side dish, we got what I think was called the "pomme soufflee". Basically they look like hollow French fries, and taste like just-cooked potato chips. WOW, they tasted amazing too! One serving was plenty for 2 to share...

There were so many tempting things on the menu... I see us going back again and again to try different things out. :-)

We're from the Philly area and venture to AC occasionally to see shows at the casinos. Typically we just wing it and grab a bite at one of the casino eateries, which never failed to be overpriced and underwhelming. For this trip, we decided to do some research beforehand and plan ahead. I am SO GLAD we did! The TripAdvisor reviews sealed the deal, and I am very grateful. I've driven past the Knife & Fork Inn numerous times over the years (it's hard to miss!), but never considered stopping in before. THANK YOU to TripAdvisor and TripAdvisor reviewers, you helped us find a real gem!! It was also very handy to be able to make reservations online via OpenTable.

FYI, we made reservations for 5:15 p.m. on a Saturday night, which worked out perfectly timing-wise to see an 8:00 p.m. show at the Taj Mahal casino (about 2 miles away). We had a relaxing and wonderful dinner, and then had sufficient time to deal with the traffic gridlock, parking garage, navigate the casino, be admitted to the arena, etc.

The Knife & Fork Inn is not inexpensive, but its prices are substantially less than the sit-down restaurants in the casinos, and it offers FAR superior food, selection, service, ambience, etc. Our bill came to about $170 before tip, including soups, salads, entrees, and cocktails. You could spend less, you could spend more. For us, it was worth every penny!

We were very impressed, and highly recommend the Knife & Fork Inn!