“Absolutely terrible.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
pennsylvania
“Absolutely terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked into this hotel, first time I went out of my home state, first time visiting the ocean and even a big city. First off... no one at the front desk knew what they were doing. Nathan checked us in, and in the middle of the process just turned around and casually walked outside to watch traffic go by. Then a woman walked over and began counting the money and staring at nathan like he took money or something. I actually laughed out loud because they were so unorganized. The woman then yelled at nathan to come back and finish checking us in. He came back over and gave us the wrong room that we didn't reserve. So my boyfriend said we wanted the one we reserved and he said we needed to go try the one he gave us and see if we liked it. My boyfriend said no.... we want the one we reserved. So finally the woman ended up giving us the one we wanted. We went, unpacked and then went to the beach which wasn't too far from there. Ocean and beach were very clean and that was the highlight of my trip. We went back to the hotel at about 2:00am with a pizza and our card to get in the room wouldn't open the door. I started freaking out thinking we were stuck outside. We called the front desk over and over, nobody answered. Then we walked down to it and nobody wants there inside either. Went back up to the room and tried the card a few more times and it finally opened the door. The next morning my boyfriend went down to complain, where some man just gave him a new card and said he would have someone take a look at the door. My boyfriend asked what we should do if this happened again and no one was there... and he said that someone WOULD be there at ANY hour and they would answer. So we went off to explore again and came back late and our door did open correctly. This time, my boyfriend went outside on our balcony to smoke a cigarette and whenever I followed him out, the door shut behind me and I didnt put the latch that keeps it open out. ): Very stupid of me. So now we are standing there with no shoes, im in nightclothes and he is in his boxers and a shirt. We call the desk, not surprised when no one answers. Went down again and still no one. We decided to check the surrounding Knight Inn's to see if they knew what we should do. The first one just said "sorry cant help you" and hung up on us. The second one just said there wasnt anything they could do because the Knight Inns are individually owned. So we called the police station and they sent two officers to try to help us in our situation. The officers were absolutely OUTSTANDING in Atlantic City. I could not be more grateful for them. They said there wasnt much they could do because they couldn't reach anyone either, but they wanted us to go to the police station so we were safe until someone was able to let us in our room in the morning. So we go there in pajamas and my boyfriend with no pants on whatsoever. We are tired... bored.. disappointed and annoyed. A male officer who helped us brought us a pizza and some cokes to drink (as I said, outstanding.) After sitting there for hours, the female officer who also helped us earlier in the night gave us a ride back to the hotel where we still had to wait until 8am to get into the hotel room when someone got there. The guy was Pablo, refunded us right away and gave us new cards. We were angry that we had to drive the 5 hours back to where we are from on no sleep. Very disappointed in this hotel. Very inconvenient staff and terrible help. Police are awesome. Ocean and beach are amazing. But I would never never never recommend this hotel. The room we stayed in was 228. The ceilings flake down and the bathtub wasnt clean. The beds covers and sheets had stains on them so we used our own. No remote for the tv in this room either.

• Stayed August 2014
Mo H, Manager at Knights Inn Atlantic City, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us. I am sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory stay, and I wholeheartedly apologize for the inconveniences you faced. Please be sure the staff members involved have been spoken to, are now under review and their files noted. We take complaints like yours very seriously. Comments like yours help us to improve our property on a daily basis. Again we deeply regret the issues you faced, and we are actively working to prevent those types of problems in the future. I hope you will stay with us again, and I promise we will make every effort to make your next stay a much better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was reasonable. They have free wifi and continental breakfast. The pool was relaxing, I would recommend umbrellas for the tables though. The room was clean, no complaints. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad you found your visit at our hotel to be reasonable. Also I am happy that you found our amenities, including wifi, continental breakfast and the swimming pool convenient and relaxing. Your suggestion concerning umbrellas for the tables is something we are now considering. Comments like yours are helpful in improving our property on a daily basis. Thank you for mentioning you found our rooms clean and our staff friendly. Cleanliness and excellent customer service are always our top priority. We look forward to seeing you soon, and we promise to make every effort that your next stay will be just as enjoyable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great place great service the woman at the front desk was nice and helpful and told us about the most wonderful little bar/grill the Vagabond all in all it was a wonderful weekend thanks to the nice lady at the front desk

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy that it was enjoyable. Your positive comments about our staff member are appreciated. Customer service is very important to us, and your kind remarks will be forwarded to the front desk clerk who provided assistance to you. We look forward to seeing you soon, and promise to make every effort that your future stays will be just as pleasant.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked one night here fir 4th of july weekend, being the hotel we had the rest of the stay are booked up, so is much of the town, so I took a chance, how bad can 1 night be?

We slept in our clothes, the room was sticky, old and there are pipes sticking through the walls, smoke alarm is ripped out and hanging from the ceiling, I wiped down the counter to out our toiletries and the wipe was black after. The toilet was so dirty we didn't even want to use it.

If that's not bad enough, shortly after we checked in, the manager barged in, no knock, nothing. Luckily we chained the door first. No apologies either. Then later that night, someone else tried to get into our room. In the morning, when we were getting ready to get out if there as quickly as we could, another woman opened our door and came in without knocking or asking, and again, no apologies what so ever.

Upon check out, I told the same manager who barged in on us the first time, that people keep trying to get into our room, and he said "drunk guests I guess." Enough said.

By the way, they charge 3x the normal amount on weekends, and we definitely OVER paid for our holiday weekend rate, and the WORST part- it's Hotwire.com! They wouldn't post my honest review, which only stated the facts of our horrible experience, intended to warn other travelers, which really infuriates me.

Fellow travelers beware, do not stay at this Inn!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in AC to celebrate our anniversary and where we wanted to stay was all booked. So we needed a place for Sat night. So we booked here from a site online. Well when we drove up,on the N.Albany side, I must say, I spent the better part of a hour and half looking for something else. We couldn't find another place so we entered the lobby. It was clean, well appointed for a motel, the person at the front desk was friendly. Our room was cozy and the bathroom was clean, the furniture was relatively new (looks recently renovated). They also serve breakfast (incl); I'd recommend a stay as long as you're not expecting 5 star accommodations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mo H, Manager at Knights Inn Atlantic City, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. So glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Hope to see you soon. I promise we will make every effort to make your future stay with us just as pleasant and comfortable.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I’ll start by saying this. Beware of the draw of low rates! I suggest you pay a little more somewhere else and get a hotel room in AC that you know will be reasonably clean.

Spent one Saturday night here in June 2014 with my fiancée; we went to a comedy show that night and we were looking to save some money. It’s important for you to know that we reserved the room about a week before we checked in, giving the staff plenty of time to prepare the room for us. Their check-in time is 2pm, and we checked into our room about 4 pm that Saturday.

I opened the door and the room smelled very musty, like the door hadn’t been opened in weeks. Within 2 minutes of being in the room, I look in the bathroom and there is a large bug, probably a water bug, dead in the middle of the floor. The bothersome part about this was that the bug was clearly squashed; at some point, somebody went in there, saw it and killed it, so this says to me that the rest of the bathroom was also never cleaned because somebody neglected to simply pick up the bug that was killed. Later on that afternoon, we saw another bug which I had to kill myself with a shoe. There was a pretty sizable hole in the bathroom’s baseboard, and was likely how the bugs were getting in, so this could have easily been avoided if the hole was fixed.

I brought this to the front desk’s attention and asked for cleaning supplies and bug spray. The lady at front desk was very nice and very professional, but here’s the most frustrating part of all this. She said that the owner/manager DOESN’T GIVE HER ACCESS to any cleaning supplies, and they don’t even have any bug spray! All they had behind the desk were soap, shampoo and towels. So where are the cleaning supplies, and why is she not given access to them?? Do they even clean the rooms at this place??? And hotels deal with bugs all the time, so I understand seeing a bug once in a while. But how the heck do they not have bug spray to deal with this problem???

I went down the street to Rite Aid and ended up buying bug spray, disinfecting wipes and paper towels, and we ended up cleaning the bathroom ourselves. It cost less than 15 bucks for this stuff and took us 15 minutes, which is such a small price to pay as opposed to losing a customer, but it’s clear they cut corners at this place in order to keep their rates low. My point is that if they had gone in and inspected the room and did a quick clean before they rented it out, I probably wouldn’t even be on here writing about this. But they didn’t.

It’s basic hotel management and housekeeping; if you’re going to reserve a room for your guest, you better make sure it’s clean before they get there, and it’s certainly not the customer’s job to clean it! Unfortunately we will not be staying at the Knights Inn Atlantic City again.

And if this hotel wants to stay in business, I would strongly suggest the staff put a much more concerted effort into cleaning their rooms and keeping the bugs out. I also suggest they read all of the bad reviews around the web (There are plenty!) and get some idea of how to proceed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Atlantic City? Share your experiences!