“Clean and Comfortable; Pleasantly surprised!” 3 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Atlantic City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 North Albany Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Brooklyn, New York
“Clean and Comfortable; Pleasantly surprised!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were in AC to celebrate our anniversary and where we wanted to stay was all booked. So we needed a place for Sat night. So we booked here from a site online. Well when we drove up,on the N.Albany side, I must say, I spent the better part of a hour and half looking for something else. We couldn't find another place so we entered the lobby. It was clean, well appointed for a motel, the person at the front desk was friendly. Our room was cozy and the bathroom was clean, the furniture was relatively new (looks recently renovated). They also serve breakfast (incl); I'd recommend a stay as long as you're not expecting 5 star accommodations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mo H, Manager at Knights Inn Atlantic City, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. So glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Hope to see you soon. I promise we will make every effort to make your future stay with us just as pleasant and comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I’ll start by saying this. Beware of the draw of low rates! I suggest you pay a little more somewhere else and get a hotel room in AC that you know will be reasonably clean.

Spent one Saturday night here in June 2014 with my fiancée; we went to a comedy show that night and we were looking to save some money. It’s important for you to know that we reserved the room about a week before we checked in, giving the staff plenty of time to prepare the room for us. Their check-in time is 2pm, and we checked into our room about 4 pm that Saturday.

I opened the door and the room smelled very musty, like the door hadn’t been opened in weeks. Within 2 minutes of being in the room, I look in the bathroom and there is a large bug, probably a water bug, dead in the middle of the floor. The bothersome part about this was that the bug was clearly squashed; at some point, somebody went in there, saw it and killed it, so this says to me that the rest of the bathroom was also never cleaned because somebody neglected to simply pick up the bug that was killed. Later on that afternoon, we saw another bug which I had to kill myself with a shoe. There was a pretty sizable hole in the bathroom’s baseboard, and was likely how the bugs were getting in, so this could have easily been avoided if the hole was fixed.

I brought this to the front desk’s attention and asked for cleaning supplies and bug spray. The lady at front desk was very nice and very professional, but here’s the most frustrating part of all this. She said that the owner/manager DOESN’T GIVE HER ACCESS to any cleaning supplies, and they don’t even have any bug spray! All they had behind the desk were soap, shampoo and towels. So where are the cleaning supplies, and why is she not given access to them?? Do they even clean the rooms at this place??? And hotels deal with bugs all the time, so I understand seeing a bug once in a while. But how the heck do they not have bug spray to deal with this problem???

I went down the street to Rite Aid and ended up buying bug spray, disinfecting wipes and paper towels, and we ended up cleaning the bathroom ourselves. It cost less than 15 bucks for this stuff and took us 15 minutes, which is such a small price to pay as opposed to losing a customer, but it’s clear they cut corners at this place in order to keep their rates low. My point is that if they had gone in and inspected the room and did a quick clean before they rented it out, I probably wouldn’t even be on here writing about this. But they didn’t.

It’s basic hotel management and housekeeping; if you’re going to reserve a room for your guest, you better make sure it’s clean before they get there, and it’s certainly not the customer’s job to clean it! Unfortunately we will not be staying at the Knights Inn Atlantic City again.

And if this hotel wants to stay in business, I would strongly suggest the staff put a much more concerted effort into cleaning their rooms and keeping the bugs out. I also suggest they read all of the bad reviews around the web (There are plenty!) and get some idea of how to proceed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here in 2012 and 2013 for the triathlon. The location of this place for that event specifically cannot be beat. Everything else can be. Actually 2012 wasn't the worst in the world and caused us to reserve again in 2013. I know I posted this review previously, but it appears to be gone, so I will do it again.

2013 was unbelievable. Over the course of the weekend, we were put into 5 different rooms.
The first one. A smoking room. Fine, we asked to be moved, and they did it.
The 2nd room, walked in, smelled a little stale, but no smoking. Opened the bathroom door and found what appeared to be a crime scene. Literal feces filled the toilet bowl to the brim and on the floor. I've never seen such a thing. Brought the front desk person up to see it and he freaked out. Moved again.
3rd room. Fine. As clean as you will get here. Red shag carpet, drop ceiling, huge executive desk in the middle of the room. Clearly an office at one point and converted to a room but they couldn't move the behemoth desk. Stayed there one night.
The next night, we are told they need to relocate us to the other part of the building because they are exterminating. "Exterminating what?" we ask. They don't know, they don't tell them those things........
Room 4 was another smoking room. Moved again
Room 5 was as good as it gets. Clothes hanging on the banister and kids playing in the parking lot. Did what sleeping we could and got out of dodge.

Shut this place down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went to atlantic city with friends on a holiday weekend and there were slim pickings as far as available hotels on or near the.boardwalk. Well, the Knights Inn claimed to be near the Boardwalk, to have wi-fi, a pool and continental breakfast. Only the breakfast part was true. The boardwalk was across the bridge. The pool was closed and wi-fi was only available if you went outside. There was only one staff and seedy characters hanging around nearby. The manager assured us that if they got rowdy, he would call the police. Once in the room, there was no wi-fi, phone, TV remote or light bulb in the desk lamp. The furniture was frayed. The bed did have fresh linen. And the bathroom had a good supply of fresh towels and soap. The continental breakfast was acceptable. However, the door lock was broken, and the bathroom had pink tiles reminisce of the 1970s. Looking out the window to the rooms across the way, two or three rooms had obviously caught on fire and they were partially boarded up but people seemed to be staying next door to them! To add salt to the wound, people were walking in off the street and getting rooms for about one-third of what we paid!

Room Tip: Do not go!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My friends and I spent the weekend in Atlantic City for dinner, partying and gambling. Instead of paying 400 bucks a night on the strip, we stayed here - a few blocks away from the strip. It was over 75% less than big AC hotel and only a few minutes away. It's a great place if you're looking for a place to rest with a good staff and clean room. Recommend if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the big hotels. Would repeat!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is my third visit at the Knights Inn and every time I have stayed it has been great. My room is very clean and ready when I checked in. The staff has always been very pleasant to me, as well as helpful. The Knights Inn is a perfect place for me after a long day on the golf course, to come back and unwind in my room. I also enjoy the free unlimited breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a great spot and I've been enjoying my MLK weekend activities. The price was extremely reasonable (more money for gambling). I spent most of the weekend at the casinos (like 5 minutes away) and just crashed at this hotel for reasonable price. The staff was nice and helpful. The room was decent - clean and adequate. Great find for a tight budget ...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Atlantic City? Share your experiences!