“Very good menu selection and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: at Revel Resort and Casino
Description: Amada is not a typical, trendy tapas restaurant. It is something else entirely. Amada serves authentic Spanish tapas based on the earthy Mediterranean flavors that have long been the passion and expertise of founder and executive chef, Jose Garces - but Chef Garces goes beyond tradition, interpreting centuries-old tapas recipes.
Calion
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good menu selection and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Amada service, atmosphere and food was above what we were expecting. The clams appetizer was just right and the sauce was great. The clams though are very tiny so don't expect regular size clams.
The scallops, potatoes, filet and especially the flash fried peppers were all cooked and served just right.
We would definitely go back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haddon Heights, New Jersey
“Absolutely delish!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently went here with my aunt during a stay at Revel.. the food was out of this world! We got the sampler, and at $55/person, it better have been good! The atmosphere was nice... the only thing is the people next to us kept getting up and down, up and down, and scratching the floors with the chairs... but that didnt matter. Our waitress was really arrogant. I felt like she was fustrated because we werent familiar with the menu, and she had to explain it to us. Oh well... all in all.... the food was great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Great food..even at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We eat at Amada in Philly, so looked forward to trying out the sister place in AC. We tried for reservations on a Saturday night on short notice, and could only land 5 or 11 pm, so took 11 but showed up at 10 and immediately got a place at the bar so decided to eat there. Bar tenders are attentive, knew the menu and sold us on the $75 tasting menu. I usually don't do the tasting menu, but this was a good call, as I tried things I wouldn't normally and the food was plentiful. I usually leave Amada satisfied, but a bit hungry...with this tasting menu we left with a doggie bag. The food is exceptional, not something I say often about AC food. If you get a reservation, they have large and small tables by the windows with a great view. There are also tables by the kitchen, which I always like. The bar is very deep, so if you choose to sit there, you have plenty of room. The guy next to me was a bit ruffled as a pit boss had told him he could get him right in, but instead he was also given an 11 reservation, so he took the bar...but he also told me he loved the food. The noise level towards the casino was high, but not unusually so for a modern restaurant that loves noise, but if you have hearing issues I would ask for a table away from the casino and towards the windows, or sit at the bar so you are rupiahs next to your significant other.

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Amada with friends who have a three year old daughter. The place is not really kid friendly; they don't have a kids menu. However, they were accommodating to make her a little pizza; unfortunatelly she didn't like because it was with Manchego cheese instead of mozzarella. We decided to order a bunch of tapas such as lamb meatballs, wild rice risotto, steak, clam & scallop pasta, shrimp, Spanish octopus, eggplant & pepper vegetables, Spanish sausage aka chorizo, great Spanish wine as well as chocolate caramel cake with banana ice cream. The food was amazing! Everything was so delicious fhat we were all impressed (except the kid). I would definitely recommend this great restaurant.

The restaurant itself is gorgeous and was full. We went on a Monday night at 7:30 pm and did not have a reservation. The hostess was not friendly and would need some attitude adjustment. The waiters were friendly but very busy so sometimes they would need to be reminded to bring some things. The service would be great if there were 2 more waiters working.

Keep in mind that the portions are not that big so you may have to order doubles of certain things but we didn't mind that.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

From start to finish, dinner at Amada was superb and best part of our AC overnight! And as a vegan, I was pleasantly surprised to find several v-friendly dishes that my carnivore husband actually preferred. The flash-fried peppers were the best part!

Visited July 2013