“Amada is tops w/ tappas” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: at Revel Resort and Casino
Description: Amada is not a typical, trendy tapas restaurant. It is something else entirely. Amada serves authentic Spanish tapas based on the earthy Mediterranean flavors that have long been the passion and expertise of founder and executive chef, Jose Garces - but Chef Garces goes beyond tradition, interpreting centuries-old tapas recipes.
“Amada is tops w/ tappas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful views of the ocean, helpful and kind wait-staff and tasty tappa's make for a fun and flavorful dining experience at Amada. Prices are a bit high, which seems to be standard for casino located restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Media, Pennsylvania
“Fun spot to share tapas with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

All food is served family style and our server recommended starting with a few options, then adding as needed. Had a wonderful salad de jamon, flatbreads were great, loved the fact you could try so many different types of dishes. Try to get a booth with an ocean view - lovely!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great view. Vegan friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Amada was a wonderful recovery from some other dismal experiences I've had further South in Atlantic City.

Reservations were effortlessly made with OpenTable, and seating was nearly on-time during a busy dinner hour. The decor was a pleasant mix of modern and classic, and we had a very nice view of the ocean. The only complaint in this area was the bit of difficulty we had in locating the restaurant within the casino.

The service was prompt and attentive, and very accommodating to my vegan cohorts. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu, and knew exactly what would and wouldn't fit their diets.

Of the various tapas we ordered, the worst of them were still quite good, and several overall were exceptionally good. As an omnivore myself, I was delighted with my meal even when sharing in the vegan-friendly fare.

For my own meat craving, I splurged on the Jamon Iberico. The waiter, noting that I new my Spanish food, offered an off-menu upgrade to the Jamon, which I graciously accepted and was not at all disappointed in.

Among the vegan delights, the olives were pretty good, and the "spicy potatoes" were alright, albeit not at all spicy. We all really enjoyed the Pimientos de Padron, and their sort-of Russian Roulette spice variations actually made them a bit fun. The Escalivada roasted vegetables were extremely good, reminding me very much of a Moroccan dish. The "seasonal wild mushrooms" were also a favorite of the table, but the somewhat sweet-pickle taste of the Habas a la Catalana got mixed reviews from the group (I enjoyed them).

A pair of us partook of the red sangria, which was very good, but not spectacular. I would have preferred larger chunks of fruit over the small bits used in Amada's preparation.

Great job, Jose Garces! I will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manila
“Fine dining at it's finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place is so elegant, very high class! I like everything about it including the wine and food! I had steak and it's okay since I am more amazed at the things around me that I was not particular about the food.

Visited May 2013
Annapolis
“Dish of salt!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a lovely restaurant, everything looked and smelled so good and the white wine was great, but every single dish was so salty we couldn't eat them! We ordered a lot of small plates, we were an adventurous group of 4, but someone in the kitchen ruined it for us. Inedible. Unless you wish you were eating a dish of salt.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere