“Great Spanish Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 349 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: at Revel Resort and Casino
Description: Amada is not a typical, trendy tapas restaurant. It is something else entirely. Amada serves authentic Spanish tapas based on the earthy Mediterranean flavors that have long been the passion and expertise of founder and executive chef, Jose Garces - but Chef Garces goes beyond tradition, interpreting centuries-old tapas recipes.
“Great Spanish Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had the opportunity to have dinner with friends over the Memorial Day weekend. Although the place was busy, I was impressed that we could be seated without a reservation. Service staff was excellent and the food was absolutely delish!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Cornwall, New York
“Tasting menu is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We got the $75pp tasting menu and it was outstanding. Well worth the money, plenty of food and each dish was delicious! Atmosphere was great and the wait staff is very informative and pleasant.

Visited May 2013
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Good but not extraordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We had an enjoyable casual evening dinner at Amada. We started with tapas which were fresh and good but somewhat bland. The lobster paella was a different take on the usual classic served with cheesy toasts and lovely toothy rice. The shrimp, scallops and mussels were delicious but the very small half lobster was a disappointment for this pricey entree. Our server, Roy, was helpful without being intrusive and "made" our experience especially pleasant.

Visited May 2013
New York
“Expensive Sub-par Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Now it's not bad by any means but this restaurant is listed under fine-dining. Not. Not even the casual dining category in the middle. I ordered 3 tapas and they were all average.

I ate at bar and service was really slow. I do not blame the bartender because it was only one guy tending a pretty big bar with front and back seating, not to mention all the drink orders from the other tables! Blame all goes to the manager for not adding another bartender.

I only ordered 3 tapas, a beer, and a soda and the bill came out to almost 80 bucks! How did that happen?! Unfortunately, the price is "fine" but not the food.

On a positive note, the greeters are friendly and cute. The ambiance quite nice. But that's about the only good things for this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Collegeville PA
“Somewhat Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

While at the Revel for a Microsoft event, my coworker and I decided to give Amada a try one evening. We had already been at the vendor's happy hour so we weren't overly hungry. We ended up sharing the Mixto (a selection of three cheeses and toppings) and the Costillas de Ternera spanish flatbread. I liked the cheese board better than my coworker did and the flatbread was tasty, but nothing to necessarily rave about. The views would be beautiful, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. Sadly, the weather was not good during our visit and it was rainy and foggy. This place is definitely pricey, especially if you go with their recommendation of 4-5 selections per person in your party. These are tapas, so the portion size is definitely on the smaller side.

My wife and I really enjoyed Jose Garces' Disrito's restaurant. At the moment, I'm not as high on Amada, but I will be giving it another chance as my wife an I will be going to his Philly location. I'll definitely come with an appetite and try out more of the menu, so my opinion may change. Lots of people seem to rave about Amada, but for me, my visit to his Atlantic City location left me with just thinking Amada was OK.

• 3 of 5 stars Food