“Don't listen to negative feedback” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't listen to negative feedback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

Anyone leaving negative feedback is most likely working for another casino. I am in no way affiliated with Borgata but have been there several times. This casino is better by far than any other casino in Atlantic City. It scores 5 stars in customer satisfaction, room cleanliness, selection of restaurants, etc. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny. If you want to stay at the nicest, most modern and hippest place in AC, there's no other place.

• Stayed March 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Turkish first
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

we just returned from a stay at the borgata. it is a beautiful hotel and we had a wonderful time - the only complaint we had was there was construction being done right outside the property, and loudest banging/digging noise i have ever heard began at 8 am. (I guess they are digging a new foundation for something)we checked in at the same time as our in-laws, and they were put on the opposite side of the building, so they did not hear the noise. Ask for a room looking towards the ocean (you won't be able to see much of it), rather than the bay, as that is where the noise originates. Other than that - a nice plce to stay - the restaurants are really good as well.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

I just returned from a 1 night midweek stay at the Borgata, and I must say I was amazed with this property. I will try to break down some of the highlights to give you some insight:

1)Outside- Big tall building with gold color windows on the outside, 'Borgata' written in black, and lit at night, very impressive.

2)Inside- beautiful lobby, not to overdone, but the contemporary style sure is grand. Reminded my of sheek Le Parker Meridien in NY.

3)Casino- openaired different sections, and no kids!
lots to do and see, and yes they had $5.00 minimum roulette tables for those on a budget....

4)Spa/Pool- I did get a full body massage and had full use of the Spa Toccare. The mens side was done very nicely, lounge area lockers great mens products,
large private mens hottub, steamroom, sauna, etc..
The weight room called the pump room was well equipped, and the pool was indoor and also had a large
CLEAN hottub. very impressive. Gratuities (20%) are included with treatments, I think this is a wise deal.

5)Room-LOVED the room, the view was overlooking AC on the 34th floor AWAY from the seedy boardwalk...very private and pleasant. Very upscale furnishings and the like...a bathroom like you have never seen....

6)Food/Nightlife-I tried the buffet for Dinner.
It was very expensive..$30.00 for dinner, but worth it. Breakfast was included in my room rate, and was delicious...I have had better buffets in L.V.--
Aladdin and Mandalay...but Borgata was very good...
There are several other restaurants; I wonder encourage people to eat at the Homestead Steakhouse..
heard great things...The nightlife is stellar...
The bars are lit dimly...very upscale and good looking people of all ages around...Such a peoplewatchers treat...go to MIXX the great night club...

7) Overall-This hotel is a winner. If your looking
for medieval themes, kids, great huge deals.....
sorry this isnt the place...I payed a little more than I am used to..but it is worth paying another 100.00 or so to stay at a 5 star hotel away from the boardwalk....they are building another Borgata tower and a food court that is going to be terrific...Please give the Borgata a try...I recommend doing what I did and going midweek....have fun...dont freak when you cant walk on the boardwalk or get a value on dinner..wont happen...there is no other ambiance in a.c. like the Borgata...REAL SWELL..

IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

Gorgeous but staff is not too friendly. Hotel is super expensive. I asked if I can write a comment about requesting for seating in the lobby and was shooed away. Not enough restaurants and out of the main strip.

For the amount they charge, Borgata should have its own free shuttle. In general, Atlantic city is a most depressing place to be. Visiting the old hotels at the boardwalk showed them to be rundown and not clean. We NEVER ever want to go back and telling everyone about staying away from this city. It is very surprising that there are so many gamblers.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

My husband I went to The Borgata last Friday. The phone reservationist indicated we would be GUARANTEED a suite. When we arrived, they said that it was only contingent upon availability. (They would not give us one). This was not stipulated on the phone----and we called twice. When we asked to speak with a Manager, he came out and was POMPOUS, rude and could care less about customer satisfaction. The Borgata is all about appearance and nothing about customer care. Save your money and visit a less "glitzy" hotel where you're treated the way you should be. I will never go back.

Bonaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed here on February 21, overnight. We checked in by 4pm and the placed was packed with other people checking in as well. When we got to the counter they said they no longer had any deluxe rooms available, (we had a $59 coupon that was sent to us by the Borgata for a week-night deluxe room), but would upgrade us for free to one of their suites. It was a gorgeous suite, so huge, and a bathroom any person could wish for. Room had a king size bed, cozy bed, along with a refridgerator, 27" tv, comfortable chair and couch, a beautiful foyer as you walked into the room, and such a wide view to look out to through the huge window. Bathroom had a marble shower with seat and a separate tub, no jets in tub, but nice and deep for soaking. Toilet behind separate door, sink area was granite/marble style with two separate sinks that were the latest style. There was a sitting table in bathroom along with a double door closet that lead to two robes for your stay. We don't gamble much but the Borgata has a great casino and some really fine restaurants. We ate at the Metropolitan for dinner and had a nice dinner but nothing too special, hamburgers, sandwiches, soups, etc.... All together we had a great time and we'll be back for another relaxing time in the near future.

• Stayed February 2006
Baghdad, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Staying at the Borgata Hotel and eating at its fine restuarants was the highlight of my Spring time in the States.

I usually go to AC from Virginia about four times a year but with traveling to Iraq, I was forced to go only once. I picked the Borgata !

The rooms are to die for. The bathrooms are excellent. So nice I had my new bathroom built just like the one at the hotel... AND that shower ! The wife liked it too...

Excellent all around. The staff was nice. The tables were hitting my numbers all day and night. My wife won too on the slot machines. Which I thought was great because they give you a paper instead of money. You can use it anywhere, tables, stores, other slots. Great thinking...

Will go back in APRIL 2006. I can't wait... Only 4 hours from the house.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!