“Interesting experience!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“Interesting experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Full disclosure, we only stayed because our son was at a competition close by and we didn't want to drive back home. We also happen to be European so the full Jersey shore thing is a bit of a culture shock. Add the gambling, hitting you as you walk in, 24 full hours of it apparently with the music, well you get the idea, not our scene really.

The hotel itself was surprisingly ok. Rooms are clean, bathrooms fine and if this had been somewhere else and I just wanted a week end on the beach it's perfectly good. Didn't see the pool or much else really as we arrived late and left early. I was called a lot of really lovely language by a guest as we arrived when I pointed out that there was a line to drop the car off, clearly NJ people going to AC don't really care much for queuing, I don't either, so the valet guy that just let it happen gets a black mark from me! It was chaotic, and took a very long time, as did the pick up in the morning.

I also really missed having any drinks in the mini bar in the room. Really a bottle of water shouldn't be too much to put in there, but again I am guessing here that every penny counts, and that a simple water bottle probably adds to the cost. It was also a surprise that you can smoke inside. At 7 AM the smell of cigars are just that little bit much. On the plus though is that there is a Starbucks. Well you understand, this place is crazy. I will probably not go back in a hurry but I can see how people like it, although families with toddlers in tow? Really????

Room Tip: Surprisingly quiet and really don't think that any room is better than the next...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just returned from an overnight trip to the Borgata. The room itself was very large, sunny and quiet. At first look, I loved it. But the more time I spent in the room the more I realized it was filthy. There were hairs in the sinks and all over the bathroom floor. There was a dried substance on the desk when I set up to work on my computer the next morning. And there was an underlying smell of something unpleasant, almost like body odor. Also, I paid almost $15 for super fast internet and it was very slow.
On a positive note, they let me check in around 12:30 which was a huge plus considering I was only there one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stamford CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My daughter and I had a lovely girls weekend at the Borgata. We had spa treatments and enjoyed a concert. The only thing we didn't do was the boardwalk. (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!) It's just not close enough to walk there, just remember that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Borgata Hotel and Casino sets the standard for the others in AC. What sets the B apart from the others is their entertainment and restaurants.

They have some of the best restaurants in the area. If you enjoy a great steak try the "Old Homestead" steakhouse. Wolfgang Puck and Bobby Flay restaurants also have a nice selection of entrees. If you are in the mood for a buffet they have a good one. Great selection of food. Downstairs there is a Tony Lukes, pizza shop, and a few other places to get a quick bite.

Borgata has several entertainment venues. Catch a comedy show at the Music Box which is an intimate theatre hosting some great comedians. The Event Center is bigger and brings in top acts from across the country. Great chance to see some of your favorite bands in a smaller venue than in the city. Gypsy Bar nice place to have a drink and see a great local band. Then there are the nightclubs where dress to impress is for the younger crowd.

Plenty of tables to play your favorite games. Lots of slot machines too. Very attractive waitress's will bring you a bottle beer, drink, or glass of wine to keep you freshed and happy as you play, complimentary.

Rooms are very comfortable. Nice indoor pool and hot tub if you need to relax.

Several nice shops if you have a big win.

Good size poker room and race book.

If you get the chance take an easy 5 minute ride to Brigantine. Great little beach town. Nice beach and friendly folks. They even have a wawa and dunkin donuts if you need a fix. Acme as well for other essentials. Worth the drive if you want the beach for a chance of pace.

Easy to get to off the Atlantic City expressway. Harrah's and Golden Nugget next door on the Marina.

Room Tip: Water Tower is the newest.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Centereach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed again at the Borgata. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and updated and the restaurants are delicious. We always have a good time and feel safe and comfortable.The pool, hot tub and outdoor sitting are a hidden gem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We love the Borgata! Have been here many times and never disappointed. The beds are great, the bathrooms are very nice, the staff is super friendly. We like the smaller casino, the choices offered at each restaurant. We recommend this place o all our friends, will keep coming back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ok - Let's begin this review by establishing that I am not a gambler. I wanted to check out this place for sometime, so decided to hang out for the weekend. I was pleased by the accommodations. The staff were friendly, the surroundings were clean and neat. I enjoyed the restaurants and when I did go play my penny slot machines - I was treated like I was a high roller by the staff. My friend who is a high-roller joined me one evening and I was a guest in the private dining area - the food and drinks were outstanding!!

My friend enjoys gambling at the Borgata and feels they have good promotions and comps. I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!