“One of best in AC” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newark, New Jersey
“One of best in AC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having been to AC 3 times in a month I feel I am able to rate this hotel as I did. Check-in very good....room ready and clean....nice view on a high non-smiling floor.....all our requests were met. This was our first visit to this property and we will definitely return. Good value for what we paid.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

After reading reviews on this site of other hotels, my friend and I decided that since we had stayed at the Borgata before and loved it, that we would try to book there again, regardless of the price. At the Borgata, you absolutely get what you pay for. The minute you walk in you are surrounded by excellence. I am always impressed upon walking in the door. We checked in with a woman named Queenie who was wonderful. She answered all of our questions and was able to accommodate our requests without any issues at all. The room was exquisite. The carpet was plush, the refrigerator was free to use, no mini bar charge or anything like that. The television was HD and offered a lot of different channels. The beds were a good combination of soft and firm, the pillows were perfect and the linens were soft and comfortable. They use bath sheet towels, not the usual towels at hotels that typically do not cover much. We decided to order room service instead of going out to eat. The food was hot and delicious. Valet parking is $5, it's free if you are a Black Label. We had brunch at the Borgata Buffet. It was around $28 per person but all of the food was delicious and fresh. Everything about our experience at the Borgata was amazing.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the "city side" and we were on the 37th floor out of 43 floors.
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Nice hotel with an indoor spa and a huge casino. We stayed at the Borgata hotel with our friends for 1 night. We had a huge room with two queen beds, modern furniture, TV-set and a nice wall-in shower room on the 37th floor and ocean view. We had a dinner at the Bobby Flay Steak restaurant, the food was very delicious and they serve a fine wines. The service is really great. The casino area accepts smokers and they offer a lot of cocktails. Far from downtown and they don't offer free breakfast also they charge for WIFI usage.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor with the ocean view
near DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

NOTE!! We happened to go on a Tuesday, and took advantage of their package that includes the breakfast buffet. However, the buffet is CLOSED both on Tues. and Weds. No one mentioned this to me when I made my reservation (on the phone). And not just that, but several other restaurants are closed. Call me crazy, but I LOVE casino buffets. I would probably have gone elsewhere had I known. And, even if you don't love buffets, you would think that they wouldn't sell the package for that date, right?

Anyway, it was a lovely room. A nice view. Friendly staff. The slots are pretty decent, and the game selection is pretty good. I get the feeling that the hotel/casino is slowly wearing out around the edges. But it was still nice enough, and we will be back, I think.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to the Borgota for a one-night getaway with my wife. Found the hotel to be very clean, and convenient. I immediately noticed that there was good security entering the elevator area to our room, from the casino area. Two security guards were checking for room keys. The room was of average size, and all of the furnishings were very modern. The bathroom was all marble and there was a large walk-in shower. The pool/jacuzzi area was very nice too, with palm trees and other tropical plants. Although it is away from the boardwalk where many of the other casino/hotels are, there are several high-end restaurants as well as night clubs and a comedy/concert venue in addition to the casino. I would recommend staying at the Borgota, and will do so myself in the future.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view of Atlantic City and the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairview, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Borgata, taking advantage of a Groupon offer. The hotel has a beautiful, contemporary decor including Murano glass art. There are great restaurant options. I ate at the Italian restaurant... delicious food! There were a few disappointments, however. Though my guest room was beautiful and had nice room amenities, it was not well cleaned, especially the bathroom. Fortunately, I travel with Clorox wipes. I was also surprised that the smoking section of the casino is in close proximity to the lobby, restaurants, and shops, creating a 2nd hand smoke problem. I needed to take my asthma medication soon after arrival at the hotel. There is a lovely "living room" area near the guest room elevators that was smoke-free which gave me a reprieve.

Room Tip: The non-smoking rooms are truly "smoke-free."
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Millburn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

When in AC I only stay here, its the best place to relax visit spa and have a nice dinner. If you have a late dinner in the MIXX, you can stay there free when it turns into night club and they collect cover fee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!