“Wheelchair accessibility at the Borgata” 5 of 5 stars

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Wheelchair accessibility at the Borgata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Traveled to AC in June for a week with my boyfriend who is a quadriplegic. We got a mobility access King low floor studio room. Room was very clean and cozy. But what got my attention was the roll in shower. I was extremely pleased and impressed with how spacious it was!! two thumbs up! The roll in shower has a very slight dip in the middle of the floor for the water to go towards the drain. We did experience water getting out on the bathroom floor when the water was sprayed too close to the door but that was resolved by putting a rolled up towel inside by the foot of the shower door.

The bathroom sink was at a good level for my boyfriend, But his knee kept bumping into that metal pipe covering under the sink. Since the pipes have to be there, I guess it's unavoidable?

Room temperature is easy to control and makes the room warm/cold pretty quickly. Bed and pillows were comfy. However, the room was a bit dim. I kept looking for a light switch to turn on more lights. We didn't need the room made up everyday so didn't require house keeping services much. When we requested extra coffee, towels and toiletries, service was fast.

The handles for the dressers were a bit awkward. I am able body and I had a hard time grabbing it and pulling it open. Might look nice but I don't think it's practical.

There is a mini refrigerator inside the dresser cabinet. It can fit about 9 water bottles. For food, there are restaurants on the casino floor and a cafeteria on the lower level. There is one elevator, escalator (and I think stairs) for access to the lower lever. We had an incident where we wanted to get something to eat in the cafeteria and the elevator wasn't working. When we brought it to the attention of a nearby security, he was not aware that it wasn't working. He called someone over and seemed like that person wasn't aware of it either. Although elevator was working the following day its a bit surprising and disappointing that it could have gone unnoticed for awhile. For wheelchair users elevators are the only means of getting to different floors, and when it's not working.... it really sucks.

As for some other comments, the carpet by the elevators in the lobby is pretty rough to push through. Good thing for us the whole floor wasn't carpeted with that material. Casinos are partially carpeted so there are areas that has smooth floors.

We didn't order room service so can't comment on that..

We did self parking and we were lucky with finding a space each time we needed to park. When we did have to wait for a parking space, the wait wasn't too bad.

Here are some measurements:
bathroom entrance width : 33"
roll in shower entrance width : 37"
roll in shower length: 71 3/4"
roll in shower depth : 41"
bathroom sink height : 27 3/4"
bathroom light switch height : 44 3/4"

bed height 26" ( there is a 2" cushion on top - this is included in the measurement)

desk in room
width : 39 1/4"
height : 25"

sofa
height : 16 1/2"

Except for the issue with the elevator, our overall experience was great.
We would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Overall good experience. The staff at the front desk is awesome. We arrived around 9, I had a king size bed roomed booked but told them I really really wanted two queens. They said they would try to accommodate but no promises. Well, I got my two queens! Also, needed something printed and the guy let me email him and he printed (I was expecting to get charged for that but I didn't!)

Ok, now for the bad:

They charge for the gym. I thought this was crazy. The place is starting to show some age. The handles on the sink faucet kept falling off. The shower head is one of the worst shower heads I've ever encountered. They charge for redbull drinks while you are gambling (Revel doesn't). Lastly, I'm not a smoker but on several occasions the dealers at the table were quite rude to smokers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed two nights, and visited to see The Jonas Brothers at The Music Box (a venue inside the hotel). I'd never been to Atlantic City, and was more than a little worried about staying with my 9 year old, medically fragile/special-needs daughter in a hotel that has casinos and allows smoking. I had no reason to worry, though. From the time we arrived at valet (only $5 for valet service parking), we were assisted by bell services with all of our luggage (since my daughter requires a ventilator, even two nights' worth of luggage is a lot!) We arrived at a popular time, and I had to wait a bit in line to check in, but soon after we arrived in our room, our luggage was delivered. Clearly it was managed very well. We stayed on the non-smoking side, and there was no odor in our room, at all. Our room was beautiful, clean, and provided floor to ceiling views of Atlantic City... we stayed on the 36th floor, and the view was spectacular. The standard in-room small fridge was a great feature. We did use room service for breakfast, and most choices were a very reasonable $10. On our last day, we had bell services pick up our luggage and hold it at the valet, while we went to the pool. The indoor pool is in a beautiful tropical setting, next to an outdoor garden with lounge chairs for sunbathing. Soon after we arrived, one of the lifeguards approached us, to let us know there was a lift available to assist handicapped persons into the pool. She was very friendly, and told us to let her know if we needed any help. She came over several times to check on us, and even ran over to offer assistance as I carried my daughter out of the pool. This was one of several instances of staff going over and above to be helpful. I hope to visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here two weekends this month, I have not stayed anywhere else in AC, and now don't want to. I stayed here primarily because of the poker action, but now like the entire property.

The front desk agent at check in on my first visit was the BEST I have have ever encountered, and I travel a fair bit, she did a great job providing a map of the property, recommending dining, etc.

The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are nice, and the service excellent. I had room service one day and it was shockingly fast.

I do have one complaint- the only way to be able to use the fitness center is to have a spa treatment, the place was deserted but there was no way for me are to use it the first weekend. The second weekend I went I booked a manicure so that I would be able to go to the gym, only to find out afterwards that the salon and nail treatments did not count! I wish there had been a way to use the gym.

I have two more weekends booked in August and am looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors are less expensive, I have booked these for the two weekends I went an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The Borgata Casino is beautiful! The corner suite was very spacious and has a relaxing, serene vibe. All staff members we interacted with made us feel like they were glad we were there. We got waited on instantly. The only thing I found odd was that the rooms and lobby were bright and airy, but the hallway (at least on the 10th floor) was extremely dark. Can't wait to visit again.
Andrea

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
brooklyn, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice hotel in atlantic city but not close to boardwalk. The staff was nice and the hotel was clean. We had an issue with our room and the staff quickly cheanged our room without any issue. Great customer service. There was a lot of kids at the hotel when we went so we did get to enjoy the pool becaue it was very crowded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The rack rate and goods sold on the premises are far from reasonable. $2.50 for a 6oz bottle of water in the vending machine? They only have an indoor pool. Not sure why they don't offer at least a small outdoor pool. I know the ocean is not far away, but poolside cocktails tend to be more enjoyable. They do offer a nice variety of restaurants and table games though, so not all is bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!