“Great place but for the ashtray smell” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
clifton
“Great place but for the ashtray smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is really a 3.5 star review but I was just so turned off by the smell of smoke that permeates the entire first floor of the hotel. You have to wash your hair and body just to get rid of the smell. Except for that Borgata is actually a great place to stay. I have been to this hotel several times when the casinos were non smoking.
I booked my stay using a voucher I purchased from Living Social. For $189, I got an overnight stay on a Sunday in a classic room, a day pass at the Toccare Spa, two tickets to the Music box comedy show, and a $100 dinner voucher at Izakaya.
Upon arrival, the line at the front desk was long and winding. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the front desk. I had asked if I can get an upgraded room because I was celebrating a special occasion but the receptionist said that since I had booked with a package I had to pay afor the difference and plus they had no room upgrades avail because the rooms are given to the Titanium card holders. [ Borgata has three level card holders: Red, Black, and Titanium.]
The room is just as described in the website and just as pictured. Nice and modern. No smell of smoke. The bed linen are clean and crisp.
Internet is paid with a fee, about $10 for the day. The TV is big and wide and hi def.
My room is 3205 which is the last room before it becomes the corner rooms. it faces the marina so you can actually see the Water Club building and the adjacent hotel in your view.
When booking a room, and you have flexibility on dates, ask for dates when large crowds are going to be intown and avoid those dates. Also, ask for a room far away from the elevator away from foot traffic. the higher your floor the better your view.

i will write my review separately for the boragata buffet and the spa.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the highest floor and away from the elevator. Ask if you can get free parking. If...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

2,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed on a Wednesday & Thursday night not expecting a convention, which gave the casino a lively atmosphere. Don't expect upgrades of any kind when they're busy. There are separate charges for internet and use of the gym, and parking is $5. The pool area is beautiful, and quite relaxing. The rooms are spacious and clean with floor to ceiling windows, and a nice view of the bay if you're on a higher level floor. Would stay again, much cleaner and newer than the older boardwalk hotels.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are a little more expensive but well worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Bank, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I live about 90 minutes up the New Jersey Coast from Atlantic City. We aren't gamblers, we aren't swells, we generally spent our overnight or weekend getaways in New York.

On a lark, we thought we'd try our first Atlantic City visit and the Borgata sounded like a good choice. At posted prices, and after reading Trip Advisor reviews, we decided on a Fiore Suite (actually, more an oversized room than a suite) since the price during off-peak times was not much more than the price for a standard room.

We traveled down, checked in, explored the property, had a good meal at the Old Homestead,enjoyed the rest of our evening, checked out and drove home thinking we'd made our one and done. Then we thought... that was fun, it was different, it was easier to get to than the City, the room was cheaper and bigger, and you got a New York quality restaurant meal.

We've been back a number of times.

Get a club card. Explore the website for lodging deals. The deals are there if you can pick your days.Try out the different restaurants...Bobby Flay's is our favorite now. If you like the scene and the action, it's great, but even if you don't, it's a fun overnight getaway.

Room Tip: Fiore Suites, at the very end of the hall, are quieter. My wife likes a lower floor....the views fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Borgata on a Sunday night with a spa date in the morning. The room was 516 and it was gorgeous. Clean, comfy beds, great shower. Very quiet and relaxing. View wasn't great but we didn't care; we asked for a lower floor. The spa was also great, massage and relaxation. Slots were okay, some looser than others. I did come home with a little more than I went with...lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to borgara for my birthday and dinner isakaya was wonderful. From moment we were greet ed until timed we left, we had a wonderful dining experience. Special mention to Giovanni our new favorite bartender. his knowledge of the menu and the resort were exceptional!our casino experience was not so pleasant.my wife and I ordered 2 waters and some coffee drinks and waited almost 45 minutes to be told by new girl, who said other girl left and she would be right back. 15 minutes later we finally received our drinks.very surprised we'll go back to see Giovanni but probably go gamble at Revel better cocktail service

• Stayed May 2013
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
vic520- We are so happy to hear of the service Giovanni provided you and that you want to return just to see him. That is just the type of service we wish you received from our beverage servers. Please know we will be recognizing Giovanni for his exceptional service and will be reviewing our service standards with our beverage servers. Hopefully the next time you return to see Giovanni you get to play and notice an improvement with the beverage service. We hope to see you soon!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here a week in January 2013. Loved the restaurants and bars. Had over 15 friends join me for a party at Mur Mur on Monday night and it was great. Had our own security guard watch over our VIP section. Even was allowed to take away the liquor leftover in our bottles.

Bobby Flays rest. continues to be good. Try the Alaskan King Crab legs!

Pool area was nice and my suite was excellent. Overall it was a great trip. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been visiting this Hotel and Casino dating back to 2009. The hotel is alway clean and inviting. The restaurants are the best. Bobby Flay, Sea Blue etc... In my opinion, the Borgata/Water Club is the best hotel in all of Atlantic City, hands down. On May 18, 2013, everything I thought good regarding the Borgata/Water Club all went down the toliet.
First, For some strange reason The casino floor and hotel was very smokey. I went to the Asian restaurant, (NOW) and ordered a dish that was room temperature and bland. After eating a second fork full, I decided that it wouldn't work. The waiter said that I had eaten too much and he didn't know what to do. I told them to forget it and I left it.

After returning from Boardwalk Hall for a boxing match, my teenage son was waiting on me to come from the bathroom and the security staff grabbed and ruffed him up for no apparent reason. (I know you are wondering what is a teenager doing in casino). We were on our way to our room and had to walk through the casino floor to get to the elevators. He made it very clear that he was waiting on his mother to return and we were hotel guess. I contacted the security manager and wanted an explanation for the security staff actions. He could only take a report. I contacted Wendy, the front desk manager who was very nasty and disrespectful to me. She made it very clear that I could leave the hotel and could not get a refund for my $600.00 per night stay. Wendy started yelling at me, over talking me and put me a speakerphone. Another manager picked up the phone named Alyssa and wasn't much better.
I hope if you decide to stay at this property that you will not have any level of contact or communication with these to managers. They are HORRIBLE! The one and only staff person during this entire ordeal at 3:00am in the morning was the security manager, Eleazar Lopez, who was a breath of fresh air. If it wasn't for his pleasant assistance, I was heading straight to Atlantic City Police Department to file 2nd degree assault charges. Mr. Lopez should be the head manager of the entire hotel.

Room Tip: The Water club have the best and cleanest rooms. The Borgata rooms are worn down and need renovatin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!