“Decent Hotel in AC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reston VA
“Decent Hotel in AC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the Borgata for two nights for a girlfriends union weekend. The hotel is very nice, staff is very friendly & helpful. The Chihuly glass chandeliers are something to see. We stayed in a suite which had a fantastic huge bathroom! Roomserviceis good, pretty prompt to addressing requests.Tons of restaurants to choose from, the buffet that the hotel has is excellent for the price of $30. The Tocarre spa at Borgata is good, but not great--the little touches that make a spa great like stellar refreshments, envigorating showers and superclean facilities weren't there, but a good experience nonetheless. Nice outdoor area to soak up some sun even on a cool day. The Casino at the hotel is ginormous, but as none of use were gamblers, we found the slot machines VERY disappointing--payoffs were nonexistant the entire weekend, and we didn't see anybody else winning at them either. If you gamble here, I'd stick with the table games and go beachside for slots at other hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, and don't be afraid to stay up high in the complex--fast elevators!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I and three my friends stayed overnight at the Borgata on Saturday and I was very impressed with everything at the hotel. The first thing I liked was the fact that you couldn't get passed security in order to get onto the elevators to our room. You had to show them your room key and then they let you pass - great idea! Our room was very clean, bright & the bathroom was exceptionally big. The bed was very comfortable along with the pillows & when we called for more towels and pillows, it was not a problem. The staff was very courteous & accommodating. The buffee was delicious - the food was fresh and very tasty and their desserts were delightful. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors - less traffic and a little quieter (we had a great room)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been going to The Borgata since they first opened. We love it there! We are red and black player's card members so we get comped rooms from time to time. Whenever we get a day off from work, we would try to book a comped room. We are not big gamblers but we go to enjoy their restaurants and outlet shopping. It's like a mini getaway for us. We go about 8-12 times a year. We are from NYC so the drive is only 2 hours each way.

Recently, the rooms at The Borgata was renovated. There's new linens, new wallpaper, new carpeting, new TV, etc. It is really nice especially since the old rooms were beginning to look dated. The rooms are spacious and clean.

The buffet restaurant has a huge selection and everyone will find something they like. Go early, especially on weekends, to avoid the long lines.

I do think that the weekend prices are a bit ridiculous. Although I do think the service and amenities are up to par, I don't know if I would spring that kind of money. I probably wouldn't be going as often as I do if my rooms are not comped.

The Borgata is also near the Marina, not along the strip where the other casinos are. So you must drive there or take the jitney to get there. This is not a problem for us and we actually prefer this since it is further away, it eliminates the "bus crowd". Driving to the outlet shopping takes about 5 minutes. I usually park at The Borgata, pay the $5 parking fee and ask them for a transfer to another hotel plus a return transfer. I then park my car at Caesars Palace (it is adjacent the outlet shops and they usually charge $10-20 for parking) for free because I have the transfer from the Borgata.

Overall, I love The Borgata but do think their prices are too high for people who does not have comped rooms.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were 4 friends staying for some golf, nice food and play.
Check in qeue was long and took a while. We had a room on the 5th floor with no view other than concrete wall and roofs. And a little bit of sea view in the distance. Didn't matter much since we were not there to spend time in the room.
had 2 queen beds which was fine.
Bathroom was good size. Shower made the whole bathroom floor wet when opening the doors after shower. Strange
Great beds and fun casino

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Some friends and I visited Borgata for first time and will definitely stay again. We went for the Rihanna concert. I'm particular with space, cleanliness and staff customer service. I entered on the Water Club side of side and had to walk over to Borgata main entrance but was escorted by hotel security to show me the way. I felt like a famous person being led by security, LOL. First good impression Borgata! Our check in was fast and accommodating. We asked for city view, away from elevator and we got it! I like the security at the elevators leading to room because if no key card you were questioned. The lobby leading to rooms were clean and what seemed sound proof. Hmmm thats a plus for us! LOL.I had a good experience and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Couple floors UP from casino floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Thank you Borgata for putting me on a floor with MAJOR construction next to it. No soon than I checked in did the banging and drilling begin. The front desk was useless when I called down and told me that it would stop at 4pm, they were correct but it started again at 8am the next morning. What a wake up call. The front desk manager basically responded to me like it was my fault and after more complaining she gave me a small discount. My wife and I had one night away from our daughter to relax and this was a horrible way to spend it. Why would the Borgata book rooms anywhere near a room that was under construction? Greed?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have been here before, about 3 times, and went back yesterday, May 2. Check-in had about a 5 to 10 minute wait line, but the woman at the counter was very pleasant. We stayed in room 35 on the 14th floor. The room was immaculate! Very clean, smelled clean! The bathroom was very clean as well. The room is very sound proof as well!
We ate at the Bobby Flay steak house, which was AWESOME!! Very delicious!
We went to a comedy club, which was funny, lasted about an hour long. Then we went to Gypsy bar and watched a band play...very entertaining!
Breakfast buffet was also delicious!
Will come again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!