“We love The Borgata!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“We love The Borgata!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been going to The Borgata since they first opened. We love it there! We are red and black player's card members so we get comped rooms from time to time. Whenever we get a day off from work, we would try to book a comped room. We are not big gamblers but we go to enjoy their restaurants and outlet shopping. It's like a mini getaway for us. We go about 8-12 times a year. We are from NYC so the drive is only 2 hours each way.

Recently, the rooms at The Borgata was renovated. There's new linens, new wallpaper, new carpeting, new TV, etc. It is really nice especially since the old rooms were beginning to look dated. The rooms are spacious and clean.

The buffet restaurant has a huge selection and everyone will find something they like. Go early, especially on weekends, to avoid the long lines.

I do think that the weekend prices are a bit ridiculous. Although I do think the service and amenities are up to par, I don't know if I would spring that kind of money. I probably wouldn't be going as often as I do if my rooms are not comped.

The Borgata is also near the Marina, not along the strip where the other casinos are. So you must drive there or take the jitney to get there. This is not a problem for us and we actually prefer this since it is further away, it eliminates the "bus crowd". Driving to the outlet shopping takes about 5 minutes. I usually park at The Borgata, pay the $5 parking fee and ask them for a transfer to another hotel plus a return transfer. I then park my car at Caesars Palace (it is adjacent the outlet shops and they usually charge $10-20 for parking) for free because I have the transfer from the Borgata.

Overall, I love The Borgata but do think their prices are too high for people who does not have comped rooms.

• Stayed March 2013

2,155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were 4 friends staying for some golf, nice food and play.
Check in qeue was long and took a while. We had a room on the 5th floor with no view other than concrete wall and roofs. And a little bit of sea view in the distance. Didn't matter much since we were not there to spend time in the room.
had 2 queen beds which was fine.
Bathroom was good size. Shower made the whole bathroom floor wet when opening the doors after shower. Strange
Great beds and fun casino

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Some friends and I visited Borgata for first time and will definitely stay again. We went for the Rihanna concert. I'm particular with space, cleanliness and staff customer service. I entered on the Water Club side of side and had to walk over to Borgata main entrance but was escorted by hotel security to show me the way. I felt like a famous person being led by security, LOL. First good impression Borgata! Our check in was fast and accommodating. We asked for city view, away from elevator and we got it! I like the security at the elevators leading to room because if no key card you were questioned. The lobby leading to rooms were clean and what seemed sound proof. Hmmm thats a plus for us! LOL.I had a good experience and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Couple floors UP from casino floor and away from elevators.
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Thank you Borgata for putting me on a floor with MAJOR construction next to it. No soon than I checked in did the banging and drilling begin. The front desk was useless when I called down and told me that it would stop at 4pm, they were correct but it started again at 8am the next morning. What a wake up call. The front desk manager basically responded to me like it was my fault and after more complaining she gave me a small discount. My wife and I had one night away from our daughter to relax and this was a horrible way to spend it. Why would the Borgata book rooms anywhere near a room that was under construction? Greed?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have been here before, about 3 times, and went back yesterday, May 2. Check-in had about a 5 to 10 minute wait line, but the woman at the counter was very pleasant. We stayed in room 35 on the 14th floor. The room was immaculate! Very clean, smelled clean! The bathroom was very clean as well. The room is very sound proof as well!
We ate at the Bobby Flay steak house, which was AWESOME!! Very delicious!
We went to a comedy club, which was funny, lasted about an hour long. Then we went to Gypsy bar and watched a band play...very entertaining!
Breakfast buffet was also delicious!
Will come again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TOMS RIVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked a standard room - two mid week nights for a business trip. I found both the hotel and casino BEAUTIFUL, clean and much easier to get around than other places I have stayed in AC. My room was gorgeous, clean and modern. Kind size bed, two large nightstands, a desk, lounge chair and ottoman, large dresser and television and a convenient mini fridge. I was a little disappointed there was no bathtub, but the all glass shower with a bench was HUGE and the bathroom was fully stocked. The view was nice after dark (17th floor) and the hallways were quiet all night. Lots of food choices - both for sit down waiter service meals and a cafeteria style layout in the basement with Chinese, Japanese, burgers, pizza and ice cream choices.

I signed up for a rewards card when I checked in which came with no special offers which was a little disappointing. So I stayed for two nights, dropped a nice chunk of change eating all my meals on site (room service, an amazing private chef's table dinner at the Homestead, and the cafeteria) and played blackjack for more hours than I'd like to admit. I inquired about the same style/size room for a Saturday night AND THE PRICE WAS $421 MORE. I can understand rooms being more on the weekends, but can't see the justification for THAT much more. I am a NJ resident and I often read that all the casinos are crying over decreased revenue, well with price differences like that - who can afford to come stay overnight, eat and gamble. I would book again if I have a reason to be in the area DURING THE WEEK, but there's no way in hell I'd pay $421 more for a weekend night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

When to a friend's bachelor party this past weekend and stayed 2 nights, Thursday and checked out Saturday. First night $99 and the second night almost triples to nearly $300. DO NOT BRING CASES OF BEER IN PLAIN SIGHT, SECURITY WILL NOT LET YOU UPSTAIRS WITH IT!. This was by far one of the dumbest rules Borgata had. You can only take up a "six pack" at a time and the remainder you have to check in at the front desk. However nothing stops you from putting them in your luggage and taking them up. Rooms were nice and extremely clean, but nothing fancy and have stayed at much better for less money. Food is everywhere, almost around every corner. Breakfast buffet was amazing, go here if your hungry in the morning. Gambling is always the most common thing to keep yourself busy with. If your looking for a night out without leaving the hotel, checkout Mur Mur club. Club had GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT ENVIRONMENT! Would I stay here again? Probably NOT, but it was a good first experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!