“Luxurious with Poor Housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New England
“Luxurious with Poor Housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Borgata gives the feel of Las Vegas without having to travel across the country.

Beautiful art-work and sculptures are scattered throughout the hotel. Decor is very contemporary, not the usual gaudy over the top decor many upper echelon hotels seem to favor.

Check in was disappointing. I arrived on Sunday at 3:00 and there was well over a hundred of people on line checking in; yet not all the check in stations were being utilized. It took about 30 minutes to check in.

Food choices and taste/quality ranged from very good to exceptional. You won't be disappointed.

The standard room ( mine was #3536) was over-sized with beautiful contemporary artwork on the walls. Great view from the 35th floor. Nice convenience have a refrigerator. Bed was very comfortable with incredibly soft sheets. Climate control was fantastic, I was able to set and maintain a very cool temperature. Bathroom was oversized as was shower. Real nice having oversized, soft absorbent towels.

Housekeeping and overall cleanliness was very disappointing at best.
Bed head boards and picture over the bead were very dusty.
I don't think the carpet was vacuumed.
The worst was the bathroom. Upon check in, I noticed a dental flossing device on the floor.
Hair of different varieties also were on the floor against the wall near the toilet for my entire stay--Gross?! During my 4th day, the plumbing sprung a leak under the sink and flooded the floor.

Interesting that I observed over 4 days many of the hotel staff rather un-friendly. Perhaps someone forgot to tell the Borgata employees that they are in the hospitality business.

Casino: In a word Fantastic! Incredibly, the smoke free sections provide a significant reduction. Around midnight, however, the smoke builds up.

Bottom line: You can eat very well, take in a good show, dance, drink, gamble and have a great night's sleep. Just drink a lot and stay up very late with the hope that your exhaustion will cause you to look past the cleanliness issues, not just in the room but in the corridors and common bathrooms at times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi HowieW W- We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We are going to work on the friendliness of our team members and have already addressed your comments about guestroom 3536. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Turkish first
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying in a Fiore Suite after an a great Neil Young concert to benefit Sandy victims. Well appointed with exceedingly comfortable bed and linens and lovely, quietly elegant furnishings,it was everything that such a suite should be. The bathroom was larger than many average hotel rooms, with a perfectly-sized bathtub and separate marble shower. Nice widescreen TV - that convinced me to buy a new TV when I got home. Nice view of the back bay and wetlands.
The service, from the start of our stay until the end was excellent. I had so much fun, I didn't want to go home. I would say this is AC's most Las Vegas-like property.

Room Tip: Splurge for a suite if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the rooms to the restaurants to the Spa and of course the slots, I love Borgata. Card members can get comp rooms and thats what makes Borgata so popular. Their buffet is the best I've had! Also dinrd in The Old Homestead which was pricey but great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love Borgata, and we always go there if we don't feel like flying away for a little brake. The rooms are always clean, updated, very comfortable beds, and nice sheets. The restaurants are great, with Bobby Flay being my favorite and his "southwestern steak" and "tuna tatar". We also like the Noodle place. The atmosphere is great and even worth gambling (and loosing a little).

Room Tip: when checking out leave your bags at the bell services and still enjoy the casino
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is very nice looking the lobby is big,the rooms are very clean i had no problem sleeping,the night club mixx is nice not very big,the buffet for lunch is very good,the casino it self is very vegas looking with nice looking girls giving drinks,the location it self i just i don't like it fare away from every thing on less you take the small bus for $2.50 for one way to get to the next casino, the card levels are in red and black,there is also a shopping center if you want something in the weekends there is alote of people not much space and parking is $5 or $10 but over all i had a nice time

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Borgata is the best Casino Hotel in Atlantic City! Very spacious casino, my Suite 2803 was remarkable. With views of the WaterClub and the Golden Nugget. I could not get over how foggy it was but with that said the hotel was very impressive!
Many restaurants to chose from, night clubs and casino bars.
Note to file, you can take a taxi (non yellow) sedan or town car from the Airpirt to the Borgata for $27 from airport to the hotel. Do not take limo advised by hotel for $75. Not worth it. The town cars are just as clean and nice and you save. Other then that no complaints. Hotel will be my personal playground whenever in AC.

• Stayed January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from a Saturday-Sunday stay at the Borgata. We booked a room at a rate of $319 including those lovely taxes. We have stayed here numerous times and the hotel service/quality of rooms are nothing special. I have found the hotel staff to be rude mostly all of the times we have gone there. When you receive the email confirming your stay, there is a statement in small letters that states your room will be held until 9 pm for check in. We were running late and expected to arrive around 9:30 pm. Just as a precaution, we tried to call make the hotel aware of this. Not exaggerating- my boyfriend called 62 times on the ride to AC only to hear "All circuits are busy. Please try your call again" and then being disconnected. So frustrating!! Everything was fine when we checked in but that was just ridiculous and should not happen. I questioned the employee when we were checking in. I noticed him become nervous and said it must be the customer service lines tying everything up. A horrible lie. We went to our room on the 9th floor and got ready to go to a late dinner at Izakaya followed by some fun at Mixx nightclub. Izakaya was delicious and the service was great. We played slots for a little while to digest our food and then walked over to MIXX. I received a free entry and line jump card in the mail for myself and guest. If it wasn't for this, I am not sure we would have went in. The line was SO long. I showed the card to the employee at the front of the line and we were let right in and did not have to pay the $20 per person cover. The inside club was pretty cool. It seems to cater to VIP, as there are numerous VIP setups all over the club. Ordering drinks was surprisingly easy. However, having the bartender hear your order is another story. I ordered a vodka sprite with a splash of cranberry and a Miller Lite. The bartender came back with a Bud Lite and then realized her mistake. I did not realize I got a Red Bull with cranberry and vodka until after we walked away and had already paid. I did not feel like going back to argue it- the drink was $14. I did get my correct drink after I finished and that was $10. The dance floor was crowded but we found a nice spot behind a VIP section and the people in it were very entertaining and we ended up having a fun time. Overall, I wish the hotel could live up to the expectations that all the restaurants and clubs seem to have. The rooms just were recently renovated. Not sure why you would choose black furniture because it shows ALL of the dust and fingerprints that the cleaning staff does not clean. There was also hair on the floor behind the door of the toilet area in the bathroom and our phone which doubles as an IPod dock did not work. I feel like I have to clean when I first check in or else I feel so "germy". I hope this AC hotel is not going downhill and becoming a typical AC hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!