“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nothing but 5 star quality all around. Very clean, modern and beautiful rooms and casino. The beds, linens, towels and pillows were all plush and top quality. Great place to stay and play!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I are regular visitors to Atlantic City and recently moved our play to Borgata. In the past 6 months we've stayed at The Water Club and at Borgata and have never had a problem with any of the rooms. The rooms were always clean and the beds bug free. We prefer the rooms in Borgata because they have a refrigerator. The Water Club rooms have flat screens TVs and the Borgata rooms have regular TVs. This review is for the regular rooms at Borgata and The Water Club. We don't stay in suites because for the two of us and the amount of time we spend in our room it would be a waste.

Room Tip: We find that the rooms on the lower floors are usually quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I frequent ac at least once a month (I know 1 800 gambler) that being said borgata is my favorite. As a black member find their rewards program the most generous and certainly feel valued. From the Parkin garage to the casino I feel the safest here. I was at Ballys a few weeks ago when a shooting occurred and always get approached for money etc when there. Buffet has added some new food and have yet to find anything that is not delicious. They have the newest slots and plenty of them. I always find a little luck there. I would say that drink services is the downside, prefer harrahs. Best of luck and check out the buffet for dinner!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
albany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Everything about the hotel was spectacular except for the rooms. What a disappointment. They obviously don't maintain the rooms well: stained carpets, rusted grout in the showers, beds not that comfortable. I definitely do not classify their rooms as luxurious. Actually I would put them at the level of a motel. What a shame.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NY Metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I'm not a gambler but I was looking for someplace very nice to spend a couple of days away from home just to relax.

Everything was pristine and clean. It was a true luxury for me to stay at this hotel.

Do yourself a favor and use the valet for parking. It's only five bucks, plus tip, and the service is great.

I reserved a wheelchair accessible room and found:
1. The bed was a reasonable height for transferring.
2. The room was near the elevator and not at the end of a long, carpeted hall.
3. The curtains don't have electronic closers. I couldn't reach the bar/stick that closed half the curtains.
4. The room had a nice, big turning radius in the room and in the bathroom.
5. Roll-in shower was perfect and works for someone AB, too.

In the lobby, floors are tiled. In the casino, they're carpeted. NOW (Noodles of the World) is located smack dab in the middle of the floor. There's a nice ramp. I used the rail to go hand-over-hand and it worked fine.

The only problem I had was going into The Music Box (aka, the comedy club). It's carpeted and has what was to me a steep ramp. I had to ask for help.

The restaurants seem to be a little flipped out at the idea of a solo traveler, a wheelchair traveler, and a solo wheelchair traveler. Bobby Flay's was excellent but obviously designed for couples. I found myself seated at the highly desirable (cough) table next to the kitchen door, with my back to the rest of the room.

Sea Blue did a little better for seating but I had invited a friend to dine with me. The food there is delicious and although the portions are small, they seemed to be perfect.

I didn't check out the spa and pool areas.

Note that this hotel is not on the boardwalk. There is a jitney service in AC that is said to be accessible and will drop you off near the boardwalk. I'll have to try that next time I go.

The rooms I stayed in did not have flat panel TVs, but that didn't bother me. I'm basically a Luddite when I'm at home.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly to reserve an accessible room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed this past weekend at the Borgata. After spending time in most of the casinos in AC at one point or another, I believe the best option for a clean room with good amenities is the Borgata. Arrived around 9 p.m. on Friday night and check in was effortless (if you're going to arrive later than 9 p.m., you should call ahead to request a late check in so that they do not give up your room). Room was stanard Borgata fare, very clean and comfortable. My suggestions as far as updating would be to replace the aged tvs and carpet. The bathrooms are still the selling point for the Borgata. This weekend was unbearably hot, so I never made use of the gardens outside of the indoor pool to lay out and opted to stay in and gamble. The casino was great as usual, friendly dealers, good drink service and not overwhelmingly smokey. Favorite casual restaurant to eat in is definitely Bread & Butter for breakfast - delicious bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches! Overall another great stay at the Borgata!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Although it is probably the best casino in NJ it is really showing signs of wear and tear. Occupancy appeared to be really high the third week in July. I stayed in both the Borgata and the WaterTower and although the WaterTower is newer I would not say it is that much better than the original Borgata rooms. The mattress in the old Borgata room was much plushier than the WaterTower - not sure why they did not have better bedding at what is considered to be their upgraded rooms.
The carpets are stained and worn and housekeeping seems to be lacking - carpets looked as if they were not attended to for quite some time. Bathroom amenties nothing special - room refrigerator in original rooms - only mini bar in newer rooms. Flat screen tvs in newer, older models in older section. Both buildings were really quiet through the night so it was refreshing not to hear partying going on all night in the hallways like their neighboring casino.

Restaurants are wonderful - Wolfgang Pucks, Bobby Flays - the Noodle Bar is excellent. All in all nice hotel but not upscale as they would portray themselves to be. They have to get better with their check in system - no one ususally gets in early and then you are pretty much standing in line for 45-60 minutes on average in old Borgata and around 15 minutes at WaterTower checkin. Yes you can check in, have them hold your bags and then pick up room keys around 3:00 - but then your day involves waiting around to get to your room.
Staff is not friendly, I find them stiff - I travel alot and find the better hotels train their staff to be friendly while continuing to be professional. Having a marketing background I always key in on how I am welcomed and treated during my stays - not to say they are rude just stiff.

Room Tip: Call before and make request rather than on line or waiting until actual check-in
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!