“Happy Hour at the Bar” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grotto

Grotto
Golden Nugget Atlantic City, Golden Nugget Huron & Brigantine Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
+1 609-441-8475
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 347 restaurants in Atlantic City
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Huron Ave. & Brigantine Blvd.
Description: Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and pastas. The breathtaking decor features spectacular hand-blown glass chandeliers, whimsical murals and custom made polished iron scrollwork. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect Atlantic City location for Italian dining.
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Happy Hour at the Bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were at the Golden Nugget for some slot machine action. Situated just off the casino floor is the Grotto. We stopped during the Happy Hour at the bar. There is special pricing for beer, wine, cocktails and martinis. The bartender seem more occupied in getting his bar condiments set up than taking our order. Finally, my husband had to call him over. I noticed a House Bellini, but the bartender told me it was a frozen drink. Since I do not like frozen drinks, I asked what was on the Happy Hour Menu that was not frozen. He said they were all frozen. I ordered a glass of wine. We happened to notice a couple sit a few seats from us at the bar with nice looking Martinis. My husband inquired as to what they were drinking. They said Appletinis. They were not frozen. My husband asked if they were a Happy Hour Price special and they said yes.
Our bartender did not deserve the tip we left. Next time I am at the Golden Nugget I will choose the
Chart House Bar for their Happy Hour.

Visited July 2013

81% Recommend
Jersey Shore
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I visit the Golden Nugget monthly and each time I ate at Grotto, which is located on the casino floor, my meal and the service have been wonderful. The bread, the pasta, the salads.....everything is delicious. The only thing they need is better signage!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NY
“cute spot tucked in the Golden Nugget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Was able to get a reservation here last minute. Cute restaurant. Food was great ... tiramisu was awesome! Specialty drinks were ok, average. Dave our waiter was awesome and really friendly!!! Would definitely go back!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beltsville, Maryland
“Happy Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was staying at the Golden Nugget and decided to try Grotto for happy hour. I didn't have food, but did have one of their specialty drinks - Chambord bellini. I'm not one for fruity drinks, but that Chambord bellini was awesome! All three of them... My sisters were with me and food as well as drinks - they both enjoyed their food and drinks as well. I'm looking forward to paying a return visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wantagh, New York
“Not so hidden "Gem"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Located right in the middle of the Golden Nugget casino floor, which gives Gratto a lively and festive atmosphere. Staff is very friendly, everyone seems to enjoy working here. Our waiter was great, one of the best we've had in a long time. Food is definitely up to par. The fresh warm bread is great dipped in the garlic olive oil. Marinara sauce for the calamari is so tasty. Caesars salad is amazing, made fresh so it is crispy not soggy. The entrees seem to be a little under sized and a little over priced. But with that said they are still very good. Did not have any dessert but it did look good. We will definitely be back, hopefully with some food comps on my golden nugget card!!

• Visited April 2013