“Happy Happy Hour!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grotto

Grotto
Golden Nugget Atlantic City, Golden Nugget Huron & Brigantine Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
+1 609-441-8475
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 344 restaurants in Atlantic City
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Huron Ave. & Brigantine Blvd.
Description: Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and pastas. The breathtaking decor features spectacular hand-blown glass chandeliers, whimsical murals and custom made polished iron scrollwork. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect Atlantic City location for Italian dining.
Beltsville, Maryland
“Happy Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Was staying at the Golden Nugget and decided to try Grotto for happy hour. I didn't have food, but did have one of their specialty drinks - Chambord bellini. I'm not one for fruity drinks, but that Chambord bellini was awesome! All three of them... My sisters were with me and food as well as drinks - they both enjoyed their food and drinks as well. I'm looking forward to paying a return visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Wantagh, New York
“Not so hidden "Gem"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Located right in the middle of the Golden Nugget casino floor, which gives Gratto a lively and festive atmosphere. Staff is very friendly, everyone seems to enjoy working here. Our waiter was great, one of the best we've had in a long time. Food is definitely up to par. The fresh warm bread is great dipped in the garlic olive oil. Marinara sauce for the calamari is so tasty. Caesars salad is amazing, made fresh so it is crispy not soggy. The entrees seem to be a little under sized and a little over priced. But with that said they are still very good. Did not have any dessert but it did look good. We will definitely be back, hopefully with some food comps on my golden nugget card!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kenmore, New York, United States
“Great Food Great Atmosphere and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Golden Nugget last week and the Grotto was a great surprise. I take annual trips to Atlantic city and stay at the Golden Nugget all the time. Last year we sat and had dinner at the grotto and the food was great and the Service equal. This year we decided to sit in the Bar area for Happy hour on our first night there and due to the friendly service, quality of food and great Happy Hour specials we where back every night of the trip. Try the Pizza as it is wonderful and I am talking all of them. Only thing they could improve is the number of mushrooms on the mushroom appetizer as the taste is great but the amount (4) is a little lite for what you pay. Overall I highly loved it and would say go try it you will be happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Shore, New York
“Overprice and small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After seeing the menu posted on the GN website my wife and I deceided to have dinner there this past weekend. We got there around 5 for some drinks and appetizers. They have a happy hour with assorted appetizers for $6.00 and drinks like cosmos for $5.00 and assorted beers at $4.00.
Now we go to a lot of happy hours and never have I been so disappointed with the size of the portions.
We ordered calamari and a fried vegetable sticks.
Well what a shock when they arrived. There were 8 half vegetable sticks and a very small portion of calamari.
Hey at $6.00 they weren't giving them away. I could have gone to Patsy's at the Atlantic Club for their H.H. and would have got a full size portion for $4.00.
On the up side the cosmos we ordered were made in a full size glass and were made very well.
I told the waitress how disappointed I was with the size of the portions before we placed our dinner order. She assured us that the dinner portions were full size so we both ordered the chicken parm at $19.99 each.
Again a big disappointment. Although the food was very tasty, the portion size once again was small.
Italian restaurants are usually noted for their portion size, and being from Long Island we are used to full size meals.
One small piece of chicken with a small portion of pasta was about it.
The bill for the 2 of us with tax and tip came out to $92.00.
There is nothing more to say except that I will never return.
I left hungry and had to stop to get a bite to eat after the meal.
Looking for a really good Italian restaurant In AC? Look to Patsy's at the Atlantic Club. You will not be disappointed there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
King George, Virginia, United States
“Good Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Decided to have a late night snack, wasn't sure what we wanted and noticed the Grotto had a late happy hour, decided on appetizers and drinks. Ordered the stuff mushrooms which were awesome, also decided to order a small pizza, very thin crust which we enjoyed very much. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited April 2013