“Outstanding, fresh seafood; delightful service.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 325 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: An old fashion fish market established in 1919, Barbera Seafood has been a trademark in Atlantic City for nearly a century and always provides customers with high quality seafood. Eat in, take out, or raw seafood. We serve the best!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Outstanding, fresh seafood; delightful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Let me begin by saying that a restaurant like Barbera Seafood is the perfect little place to eat that my wife and I try to find at every beach we visit, from Cocoa Beach to Atlantic City. No frills, simple, and clean little fish joint with ultra fresh seafood, seasoned and prepared to perfection. Service was great, too. Owner was very polite. Will eat here (multiple times) during next visit to AC.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious food! Delightful service! Great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My fiancé and I from Philadelphia enjoyed the freshest seafood I've ever tasted. We walked in to a pair of courteous workers ready to serve us with awesome seafood. Dominic, the owner, has a great personality and is filled with tons of information. He is definitely a people's person. The Seafood combination is out of this world with an array of seafood on the tray from shrimp, scallops, crab cakes and a fish of your choice. My fiancé endulged in a dozen of large #1 crabs seasoned to her liking. I highly recommend this gem of a place if you ever make a trip to Atlantic City and are craving top notch seafood!!

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“I love them ribs. Tdog cook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I know this is a good place to eat. This guy tdog cook some good ribs. Outside the fishmarket

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Incredible food from a personable owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

After a number of sub par dining experiences in Atlantic City, I found Dominic Alcaro's Barbera Seafood Market on my last day. When I walked in, he was rinsing fresh crabs and then turned and warmly welcomed me to the shop. After asking about the seafood platter, I ordered and proceeded to enjoy the best seafood meal I have every had anywhere in the world. Not only was Dominic incredible welcoming and friendly, the food was fresh, perfectly battered and fried, and melted in my mouth.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my lunch. Fried whiting, fries and slaw. The fish was 4 2x2 nuggets...just enough to share for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere