Stayed over a weekend at Revel with my partner to celebrate a birthday. After thoroughly researching all the hotels in AC, we chose Revel based on it's 'newness' and it's 100% non-smoking policy. Overall we had a very nice weekend and I'd return there again. In a nutshell, here's what we thought of our stay:
- Our room, an ocean facing room, was very large and clean. The bed was uber-comfortable. The floor-to-ceiling windows afforded a great view of the hotel's outside courtyard and ocean.
- The bathroom was also very large and the shower was brilliant. Bathroom amenities also very good.
- We felt the casino was fantastic. It's massive, with lots of bars tucked away in nooks and crannies. The nice thing about the space is that even when it was packed on a Friday and Saturday night, it didn't feel overly crowded.
- Restaurant options are plentiful and very good within the casino. Again, it's a 'resort' so designed so that you never need to leave.
- The location of the resort is great. It is on the far end of the boardwalk, so you can have a nice long stroll.
- We paid a ridiculous amount of money for our room on the Friday-Saturday nights, and the value for price paid in my mind teetered toward too expensive. I realize AC is a weekend destination, but it does feel very unfair that our same room is either comp'd on Wednesdays or can be had for as low as $75 during the week.
- For what is promoted as a somewhat swanky resort, I completely agree with other reviewers about hallway noise at night. Rowdy groups of drunk folk running and shouting down the halls at night really disturbed our sleep -- and didn't really 'fit' with the image the hotel is trying to convey. Surely the hotel could put up signs in the elevator lobbies and hallways reminding guests to keep their voices down when returning to their rooms?
- Beware the Sunday check-out crowd. We literally had to wait 30 minutes for an elevator to take us to the lobby to check out -- simply due to the volume of people trying to do the same! Tip: if this happens to you, take the elevator going up and at least you'll eventually make it down!
- Yes the 'resort' is absolutely massive and it takes a while to get from the hotel rooms to the casino, restaurant and/or boardwalk. But, this didn't really bother us.
- Unlike other reviewers, we found the hotel's customer service to be perfectly fine.
- We self-parked for $5, which we felt was reasonable. As we already knew that hotel check in was on a higher floor, we simply parked on that floor. Yes, the walk was a bit long from our car to the check-in desk, but it wasn't unbearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel offers casino players the newest and most expansive casino resort in the history of Atlantic City. Located along the city’s world-famous boardwalk, and designed to offer endless views of the Atlantic Ocean, the casino offers 130,000 square feet of gaming space, the largest contiguous smoking casino in Atlantic City, 2,400 slots, 130 table games, the high-limit Pearl Slot Lounge and high-limit table game Ultra Lounge. Revel features 1,399 ocean view rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, gardens, lounges, a 32,000-square-foot spa, 14 restaurants serving world-class cuisine and down-home favorites, a collection of boutiques, nightclubs, a dayclub and live entertainment on its stages at The Social and Ovation Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Revel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.