“Easy and nice get away weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Revel
500 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #6 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Stamford Ct.
“Easy and nice get away weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We wanted a different kind of get away weekend after my son's wedding the weekend before and chose Revel after reading it was a hybrid between casino and resort. They have done a great job on delivering that kind of experience although drawing more people will give it more buzz.

I saw others complain about the amount of walking and escalators but it does not take long to learn the flow and they do a nice job of allowing only hotel guests to have access to the pool, spa and other facilities.

The room was very nicely done and brand new, as they are still finishing rooms. It would have been nice to be able to plug in an ipod for music but not a big deal, otherwise the room technology is first class. We had a great view of the ocean looking North from the 24th floor. It was a little noisy near the elevator but I could not complain for what we paid. A room at the end of the hall would be quieter.

The food and service was very good, we enjoyed one of the signature restaurants that featured fish on the menu and the healthy breakfast in room was great with home made granola, greek yogurt, fresh fruit and a large serving of orange juice.

We are not big gamblers and the casino was a lot of fun, we also enjoyed the burlesque show although it was more dancers than burlesque show, still fun.

The outdoor spaces were still chilly but easy to see the place will really come into it's own when the outdoor space and beaches can be used.

Room Tip: Even and south facing numbers have the building and lights of AC, odd facing North has more water an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

2,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel should be in Vegas! Love that the whole place is non smoking. Very clean property, but it's MASSIVE! The restaurants are expensive, but the food is very very good.
The rest of AC is a bit down trodden, but this is a little gem sort of out of the main drag. Spa and pool are great too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited Thursday, April 25th with a complimentary deal my friend had received for being an active gambler. My first impression of the place was that it was phenomenally huge. Just walking through the casino made me feel like I was in a stadium of some sort. Before heading to the pool I ordered a sangria, which was the worst, tasteless sangria I've ever had in my life! My friend had a pina colada that was semi decent, but I was totally disappointed by the drink quality.

The In and Out pool was simply beautiful and the water temperature was warm. I really appreciated that. I also especially enjoyed that all though the climate was not for out door swimming, it was still offered. The view from the out door pool was especially captivating.

The rooms were perfect, the shower was my favorite part. The fridge has no space, but I just took everything it had out and replaced it with my stuff, simple. At night I got dressed with my friend for the casino and enjoyed the complimentary drinks as we gambled. We were then hungry, but it was 1 am and all the food venues were closed. How could this be possible in such a high end resort?!? I was really upset that we had to drive to the Harrahs Resort and eat at Bill's Burger across town. Such an inconvenience (and no I did not want to order room service)! We went to the burlesque club and the lights were fairly bright which sucks in a club atmosphere. The Dj played a variety of music which was cool. The drinks were extremely over priced, $14 for a watered down shot of patron. If i do not as for a chilled patron shot, I expect to receive it at room temperature. But Im sure it is more full and live on the weekend.

Over all, I would return. This was a totally different AC experience. It was young, modern and a breath of fresh air from some of the old school casinos AC has. Oh and the beds were comfy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cape May, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay in Atlantic City all the time, and we were excited to try Revel when we heard about its glamorous ambiance; however, this hotel has the most horrible customer service on the entire island. On our first stay, we ate at the Whiskey Village. I told the waitress that I was a strict vegetarian, and she sweetly offered to have the chef make me an alternative option for one of the dishes. She offered, I did not ask; so imagine my horror when the next day I was told by a different waiter that she had misinformed us and that we had been served duck fat french fries. If you are not a vegetarian, you cannot understand how traumatic this situation was, but if this had been someone with a food allergy, imagine the dire consequences of being deliberately misinformed. We decided that in spite of this incident, we would give the place another try. We stayed over night and booked an all day pass at Bask Spa to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We had hardly settled in when hoards of people came walking repeatedly through the common area. We were then told that this area would be unusable for the next two hours because they were shooting a commercial. Surely, someone should have considered telling us this before we paid for the day. While my husband was changing in the men's room, female crew members were walking through the male dressing area. I demanded a full refund, which I received; but that cannot make up for ruining our 30th anniversary plans. What should have been a very special day turned out to be a disaster. We also went to discuss the situation with the front desk manager, and no surprise, we were given a very curt, insincere "sorry". We could just chalk this up to our personal bad luck, but everyone that we spoke to the night before seemed to have similar horror stories about bad restarant experiences, reservation problems, room problems, and a general bad attitude exhibited by the staff. This hotel wants to be the premier resort of Atlantic City, but the sparse amount of visitors on the two occasions that we were there suggests that something is very, very wrong. Revel needs to stop trying to be the most pretentious hotel in Atlantic City and focus instead on providing excellent service. If you want to indulge yourself by visiting a stunning property, go to the Water Club, or visit Harrah's or Borgata. They have similar ammenities, far better food, and the prices are much more reasonable. Revel, you will not make it another year if you do not improve substantially. Happy customers will make you successful, not an infinite number of swank sitting areas, or creative commercial promos.

Room Tip: Ask what services and ammenities will be available, or not available, before you book and find out t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

WE enjoyed everything about Revel: from the smoke-free property to the obvious security. The ocean view from our room was wonderful. The rooms and common areas are clean and fresh, and decorated very nicely. The beds were very comfy. Our girls loved the Aromatherapy shampoo & conditioner and other toiletries! We had to buy that brand when we got home because it smelled so good. They have plenty of staff and all were very friendly. We enjoyed the restaurant where we had breakfast. The food came out quickly and was fresh and delicious. We'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were on the 47th floor and the elevators were fast.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel itself is relatively new, ultra modern and the ocean view rooms are just that. Each one gives a great view of the ocean, not such a great view of the construction going on around it. The rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable, and bathroom magnificent.
Don't confuse this resort as a good gambling location in AC - it's not and perhaps that is why they are already in financial trouble.
Without a doubt I found this to be the most ridiculous place trying to get to the casino or restaurants. The check in is on the 11th floor, a very long walk from the parking garage. People manning the desk are friendly, efficient and willing to answer your questions. You need to show the security person your key before being admitted into the area leading to the bank of elevators to your suite.
There are alot of seating areas on this level that accomodate any size party comfortably. There is also an outside terrrace and pool which again requires producing your key for admittance. It's too bad that the hotel doesn't provide any music around the pool area, or drink service there. Other than sitting around the pool, there is no reason to linger too long in this area unless you merely want some fresh air and sun.
Also on this level is a lounge area that for the most part is always empty. Again, if they had a piano player or some form of entertainment, you may want to spend more time here relaxing and having a drink.
Unlike every other casino where all roads lead there, there is no single elevator to get you there. Again, another very long walk, to go down a two or three story escalator, finding yourself on another level, where again there is a seating area, inside and out that are only available to those who can produce a room key, and then to continue to the casino level, down another two or three story escalator. It's a long fall down if you miss a step! and definitely not designed for a senior citizen. Should you want to get outside, down another escalator. Allow yourself 5 - 10 minutes from the time you leave your room, til you arrive at the casino. Definitely bring your walking shoes.
The casino floor is quite large with lots of twists and turns, so you need to remember how you got there, or you'll be walking around for quite some time trying to find your way back to those escalators. I was only able to find one restroom area in the entire casino, but perhaps there are more somewhere that I didn't wander to. And guess what, when you reach the opening for it, another long walk down a hallway until you finally reach your destination!
All slot machines are electronic, there are a few tables card games, etc. and the poker room was an obvious afterthought, as you need to pass by executive offices and might be able to stumble upon the small poker room.
This is a completely non-smoking resort so you don't need to worry about the high rollers blowing smoke in your face. Neither does the hotel have to worry about them - they are gambling elsewhere.
I thought the food was good, but a bit sparse for the price. I ordered the scallops for dinner and received 5 small ones sitting on top of some bean pureee for $35. The fresh mozzarella appetizer for $12 is one 4" round piece along with a tomato.
If you are looking for a resort feel, then you will enjoy the Revel keeping in mind you are still in Atlantic City where you are safer staying in the hotel at night than wandering the boardwalk. If it is a modern casino you are looking for - go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to an oceanview room requesting a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has very nice rooms and the property is well appointed. Although you do have to take five escalators to get to the hotel lobby. (Very annoying). The staff at revel are very rude and give out incorrect information. I even a dealers at the casino you agreed and said that I should have stayed at Borgata. This hotel is bankrupt and the staff are all miserable, avoid this hotel and save some money.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Revel? Share your experiences!